Jump to content

Home

*Don*

Members
  • Posts

    214
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Personal Information

  • Location
    Compton
  • Interests
    Producing Muziq
  • Occupation
    P.I.M.P

*Don*'s Achievements

Newbie

Newbie (1/14)

10

Reputation

  1. lmao... the replys to kanye's antics are rolling in... check this out:
  2. Its times like this that i wish Kanye's jaw was still wired shut. And what the hell is MTV doing with having the VMAs anyways? Last I checked, they haven't played music videos in a while now. Regardless, Kanye's apology on Leno seemed sincere. He almost started crying when Jay asked him what his deceased mother would have thought about his actions. On the internet, ppl are calling for a boycott of Kanye's next album. imo i doubt that would happen since Taylor Swift's audiences differ from Kanye's audience.
  3. Well personally speaking, my take on the issue was similar to most of yours'. Imo its just an empty gesture that really can't do much at this point in time. Most of my neighbors (especially the senior citizens) feel that it wasn't enough. One person in particular (who just so happens to be nearly 100) feels that it was hollow and doesn't fairly compensate for the injustices done by the Jim Crow laws. She went on to say that nothing has become equal even after all these years and that minorities still lag behind whites due to unequal education systems, urban decay, etc... I don't completely agree with her but felt it was an interesting point to note...
  4. I was just wondering what you guys thought about this: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/29/house.slavery/index.html I live in a predominantly african american neighborhood so the opinions I have recieved have mostly been biased...
  5. That's disgusting. Seriously, I've seen countless sickening crimes performed in my old neighborhood, but this one makes all of them seem pathetic. How do you do that to a child? I'd suggest the death penalty, but unfortunately that kills the criminals too fast and doesn't allow them to suffer for their crimes.....
  6. I wholeheartedly agree. I am familiar with the concept of police harassment and know how the injustice can make people mad. You seem to have a solid case. Hopefully the judge is sensible. At any rate, get a lawyer and go to the courts.
  7. That's understandable... It really depends on two specific factors: race/ethnicity and citizenship status. For a normal American citizen who was born and raised here, being monitored by the government would probably not be a big deal. However, in the case of my neighbors who are muslim immigrants from India who run the local mosque, it would be percieved as a case of racism. When they are singled out in an entire community, they feel that they are being targeted for no reason other than the simple fact that they are muslims. Normally, I'd agree with you, but the problem is that the government hardly ever spies on the right people. They usually spy on a large group of people knowing very well that most of them aren't terrorists. In the end, they arrest maybe 5% of that large group. Although they have caught the terrorists, the other 95% have been wronged for no reason. Hence, I support Achilles in his view that the president should have probable cause before he wiretaps a person's home.
  8. Honestly speaking I feel that Iran's "state run" news service might be exagerating the size of their stockpile. Still, in all seriousness, I really can't blame them for acting like this.
  9. I don't think you're being biased. I agree that men are typically less responsible. However, once the woman is pregnant, the man usually has to deal with the headache of providing child support, so I guess that balances it out...
  10. http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/24/imus/index.html What are your thoughts/feelings on this. Personally speaking, I feel as Imus was actually defending the man.
  11. One of the fathers was a 24 year old homeless man? I recently told my girlfriend about this story and, disturbingly, the first thing out of her mouth was: "Who becomes homeless at 24?" Honestly, this truely disturbs me. Teenage girls these days are way more promiscuous than before and don't treat preganancy with the serious thought that it truely deserves.
  12. I cosign everything you just said. It's times like these that I really feel that the world needs another Gandhi...
  13. I getting chills down my spine whenever I read this in the news these days. It really makes one wonder what may have happened and who may have seen the plans...
×
×
  • Create New...