Home

Beyond EU: Star Wars Infinities

jedispy

Have any of you guys read the Star Wars Galaxies stories? If you are not familiar with these titles, what they do is they take the classic Trillogy, and change one aspect of it. For example the first one was what if Luke didn't hit the exhaust port on DS1. The Empire successfully destroys Yavin4 while only a remnant of rebels escape. Leia is caught by Darth Vader, who then realises her force potential. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but let's just say that Luke has a cool duel in the end of the comic book.

Anywho the story is really cool. I am not sure what other stories have been made so far, but I know that there is supposed to be a new one where Luke dies on Hoth before Han can save him. Supposedly Han in the SW Infinities has force potential :rolleyes: . What happens is he overhears Luke talking to the apparition of Obi-Wan and sets off to Dagobah to train with Yoda. It seems to me it would make more sense to have Leia do it, but whatever.

----------------------------------------

On another note, I have an idea for a SW Infinities story:

I think it would an awesome idea for SW Infinities would be to have Palpatine kill Luke in the DS2 throne room. Vader/Anakin holds back from rescuing him from the Emperor. Afterward he feels such remorse over his son's death that he turns to the light side of the force. Meanwhile the rebel strike team on Endor fails and is captured. Leia is brought to the newly converted Anakin, who now knows the family relation. She rejects him due to the countless suffering that he has caused countless thousands throughout the galaxy, not to mention the destruction of Alderaan (which wasn't really his fault, that was Tarkin). Anakin vows to make things right. He allows Leia, Han, and Chewbacca to go free. Palpatine figures it out, and orders the execution of Darth Vader. Anakin flees with a $#itload of credits. He can't go to the Empire because he is a wanted fugitive. He can't turn to the Rebel Alliance because they don't trust him either. His only refuge is a small, yet familiar voice inside his head that draws him to an uncharted planet.

*Palpatine offers a bounty larger than any other ever made.

*The highest elite rank of the Royal Guards being force sensitive and trained in the Sith arts set out to hunt Anakin down.

*Black Sun (minus Xizor cuz he dies in SOTE)

*Anakin flees to an uncharted planet where he meets Obi-Wan's aparition. The ghost os Obi-Wan instructs Anakin how he can atone for his atrocities, and how he is the only light for freedom in the galaxy.

*Anakin loses the Darth Vader costume, and replaces it with a more light side appealing outfit. (Of course he still needs the respiration equipment.)

I haven't really thought it through at this point, but I figure somehow he finds Leia, makes amends with her, and trains her in the force. I figure it would make sense for Anakin and Leia to kill Palpatine somewhere along the line too. What do you guys think?

I would perfer people not to mendel with GL's story and instead write up stories for after the events of RotJ. Now saying that your idea does have promise so run with it and write up your idea.

If you havent already noticed I'm a fan of GL's story and dont like to even hear of people changing it. :)

i'm no big fan of the infinities, but i do agree that it's a good idea to have introduced them to the star wars universe.... offers whole new worlds of possibilities of what could've happened in the sw universe. your story, for example-- like lord serious said, it's got a lota potential. a couple of points, though:

1) where's wedge?! :p

2)

Anakin loses the Darth Vader costume

WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!

Well I guess I like the Infinities concept because I used to be a huge fan of DC comics, and I loved the Elseworld series. They did pretty much the same thing as Infinities. They had stories of like what if Kal El (Superman) didn't land in the Kent's backyard, but instead landed in the Wayne's back yard. This would mean Kal El would be raised as Bruce Wayne instead of Clark Kent. It was a Batman with Krytonian powers. Cool comic.

There were a few others as well that were neat ideas. Don't get me wrong, I like Lucas' stories the best. I just like a simple twist from time to time, even if it can never truly be as good as the canonical gospel according to Lucas. (Just a little Bible humor for you. :))

where's wedge?!

EGADS!!!! :confused: <slaps his forehead> It just can't be a SW story based in the original trilogy era, and not have Wedge in it. What the heck is wrong with me? Maybe I can have a dog fight scene where Anakin tries to enter Rebel space, and he comes up against Rogue Squadron. I will have to think about this one.

As for Anakin losing the Vader costume, I am working on an illustration that should serve as a fair replacement. Anakin obviously would still need all the portable iron lung equipment to breathe. Right now I'm working on a variation of the helmet too. Ideally I would like the body armor to remotely resemble stormtrooper armor (and I mean REMOTELY), but with some modifications. The helmet is what I'm trying to do first. So far it is little more than a hybrid between Vader's helmet, and stormtrooper helmets. It looks kind of retarded right now, but hey that's what rough drafts are for right?

I will keep you guys posted.

:(

Alas...it is a sad day for Jedispy. I contacted Dark Horse to see about copywrite and such. Their response to me was as follows:

Hi there-

Sorry but due to our agreement with Lucas Film, Dark Horse can't look

at any submissions based on Star Wars. I hate to be the bearer of bad

news but we can't even look at your Star Wars submission so you

probably shouldn't even waste your time sending it to us.

Sorry! :(

Michael

Oh well there goes that idea. Well not all is lost. I want to try to see if I can contact whoever it is at Lucasfilm that is in charge of the Infinities stories. Perhaps I can hand over my idea to them and they can make it.

Does anyone have any idea who I can contact for this?

Jedispy

I like this concept. I saw it done with X-Men, where they had time travel, and Xavier's son tried to kill Magneto, and missed and killed Professor X instead, so Magneto was a good guy, and they were fighting Apocalypse with Cyclops as a bad guy... you get the picture.

I haven't seen any of the SW Infinities, but they sound pretty cool.

Just on another note, I've seen a couple of times on these forums people start talking on something that would need someone from lucasarts to see it, Is there anyone connected who watches these forums?

That's what I would like to know. Is there anyone from Lucasfilm reading this? If so please post!!

Oh well....at least I have wishful thinking. I hear that it is very hard to get Lucasfilm to even listen to concepts, let alone consider them. We shall see.

I recommend checking out some of the Infinities titles. They are a fun detour to the Star Wars story line.

As is the case, I also recommend checking out some of the DC comics' "Elseworld" titles. They do some cool things. Superman born as Bruce Wayne instead of Clark Kent. He becomes Batman. There's another one where Bruce Wayne becomes the Green Lantern. Pretty cool. Highly recommended!!

Jedispy

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of the infinities(although I don't read these comics, well, or any comics for that matter) but I think it's lead to some confusion.

People tend to make posts about one subject, with a quick reference to a storyline that I've never read that makes me flabbergausted. (yes, that is a word. OK, so the people from oxford who write the dictionary disagree, but wtf do they know?)

Just earlier today I read that Luke turned to the dark side. Then I read that it was Luuke(yes, 2 'u's), a clone of Luke from his hand(severed by Anakin, holding Anakin's sabre) who served the Emperor's clone, as a dark jedi.

I didn't know any of that! And I still don't know if it's from GL plot line of from infinities.

Heh, the infinities storylines fills me with ideas.

Just imagine if, when designing the 2nd death star, this had happened:

"Hmmmm, where shall my throne room be....."

"How about you have it with the huge shaft that's used to power the death star with, oh dark lord?"

"What!? That'd be so dangerous. Just imagine if I fell down it?"

"We could put up safety rails."

"You really are a fool Anakin." *smack*

• 3 weeks later...

What if Han and Leia had never fallen in love? We could also infininite--pronounced In-fin-a-nite--the EU books. What if Isolder and Leia got married?

Oh, and about the trillogy, what if Mara had killed Luke when she was supposed to?

Ooooooooooh, and WHAT IF the Yuuzahn Vong never existed? Gee... would that be good or bad?

Yeah, I think Infinities sucks. EU has tried so hard to become consistent within a timeline, and this is what makes SW EU so great(as opposed to TREK EU for example)

Infinities just throws that out the window, and is really nothing more than a way to cash in on the popularity of SW comics.

SW isnt Shakespeare, but is like saying, well, what if Romeo and Juliet DIDN'T die, they would get married and have kids, right ?...... NO ! thats NOT THE POINT of the story. Luke HAD TO destroy the death star. It is a hugely symbolic act. And, very much a planned thing on the part of George Lucas, whom had used Joseph Campbell's "Hero With a Thousand Faces" as a template for his hero of the SW movies...

There is no need to go beyond EU. EU is vast enough as it is !!

MTFBWYA

*Resumes Reading 'The Final Prophecy'*

Archived