Home

Oh great, again with the unecessary closing of topics

NiKo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by undesired

bgbennyboy didn't provide a reasonable response until his third post in this thread. That makes his first two posts classic examples of

Superfluous, Pointless, Asinine Messages.

Dude! Did you come up with that all by yourself!? Because let me tell you, that is clever. To take a pre-existing term, and make it into an acronym! It must take an exceptional mind to create such a biting putdown. I'm off to go do some critical thinking, in the hopes that one day my mind will be vastly superior to everyone elses too!

Originally posted by scabb

I'm off to go do some critical thinking, in the hopes that one day my mind will be vastly superior to everyone elses too!

Perhaps you should, since you quite spectacularly failed to address the issue of spamming moderators. I noticed that rather than address the issue themselves, they simply banned me. Well, my IP is always changing, so you won't get far with this tactic.

Take a look at this

Oh, how mature.

no wonder you'r a supermoderator with that witty yet mature mind of yours.

*clap* *clap*

The proportions of this criticism are correct. the moderators are childish and cowardly. They deserve criticism.

Originally posted by unrelenting

the moderators are childish and cowardly. They deserve criticism.

Of course, the moderators on other Monkey Island forums are neither childish nor cowardly. For instance, I'm sure that raVeN_iMaG3 - a delightful character from the WorldofMI boards - would never evade a ban on another forum, sign up under an alias or two, and proceed to post incredibly pointless criticisms.

I'm glad that you went to the effort of registering another username for me, though - and don't worry about that variable IP of yours, the administrators can ban host masks ;-

There's no monkey island game out at the moment, so there's nothing to talk about. Most people have played the game, but a lot of us were/are really good friends and use the harbor of a way of keeping in touch with those people who had made friends.

What would you rather people talk about? the weather? Come on this is off topic, as it has been said before off-topic is off-topic.

Originally posted by bgbennyboy

I actually banned you for what you said to Bill Tiller. I'm banning you for ban-evasion now though. Its pathetic Raven, if you are going to flame, at least have the courage to do it under your own name.

Man....I have no problem with you personally - but it's this sort of thing that loses you respect......yeah this guy might be pathetic for not having the balls to post under his real ID, but why be dragged down to the level of calling him 'pathetic' where everyone can see it?? Simply banning him, editing the post and ignoring it, would cause far less damage and would avoid adding fuel to the fire......

Bottom line is that the MI Mods are losing respect.....

....what are you going to do to win back the respect?? Don't tell me "I don't need the respect" or "I've done nothing wrong", 'cause that's just a cop out......you guys want to get people back on side.......

Originally posted by RoyTordesLegend

Man....I have no problem with you personally - but it's this sort of thing that loses you respect......yeah this guy might be pathetic for not having the balls to post under his real ID, but why be dragged down to the level of calling him 'pathetic' where everyone can see it??

Because it's the truth. Raven is a known troll, who is resorting to ban evasion in order to indulge some juvenile vendetta. Why you are so bothered by seeing this moron called out on his bullshit is beyond me.

Originally posted by Carl Shutt

Because it's the truth. Raven is a known troll, who is resorting to ban evasion in order to indulge some juvenile vendetta. Why you are so bothered by seeing this moron called out on his bullshit is beyond me.

I thought that was obvious!!? Am I missing something?!?

Why encourage bad behaviour by getting in involved in public slanging matches?

RayJones, dude, I'm not saying you have to discuss Monkey Island here - quite the opposite in fact.

Edlib and ZoomRabbit - you're complete and utter hippo burgers. I'm not being biased; I'm not segregating people according to game, "Hitler" style. All I was saying was that for a witty series of puzzle games we've got a surprising amount of idiots here.

Also, guess what? I DON'T CARE ANYMORE. I've lost my bottle. You can quote me on this and campaign for fairer rights for posters but at the end of the day this is just a Monkey Island discussion board, and we are the mods, and you've got to live with this or go away. Really. I don't give a **** anymore. I don't. I'm exhausted from reading your whiney posts.

I hate you all.

i think the main problem is that us old escapemi.com forumers, who were here long before this was part of lucasforums, and we were all friends having fun, and now come all these mods we never even got to know as humans, and they seem so powerhungry and always looking for perfection. well we just dont feel very welcomed here knowing that every post that wont inerest the supermods, will get deleted or closed.

the members here arent such idiots as you claim them to be.

i participate in a korn forum at http://www.korntv.com...now THERE you have your load of idiots. from playing games like "190000 bottles of beer on the wall" to posting stuff such as "YEA KORN RULLS!!!"

now THERE'S a place filled with idiots.

now, i resent the fact that you call us members idiots.

you forget that some people here are just kids. 12- 13 year old kids. some people are from other countries.

and some people just arent as uptight as you.

lighten up. you're running a forum, not a buisness, not a country..just a forum

Originally posted by NiKo

i think the main problem is that us old escapemi.com forumers, who were here long before this was part of lucasforums, and we were all friends having fun, and now come all these mods we never even got to know as humans, and they seem so powerhungry and always looking for perfection. well we just dont feel very welcomed here knowing that every post that wont inerest the supermods, will get deleted or closed.

No, the problem is that you people are unable to accept that these aren't the Escapemi.com forums. These forums were meant to function as the forums for three different MI sites. Of course, you wouldn't think so to look at them, because the sheer inanity of the Harbour has driven most posters from the other sites away. That is the problem.

Why though? Nobody hurt you or your family physically did they?

The people didn't drive anyone to do anything - it seems to me the moderators here are very highly strung and self opinionated, and simply don't like being told - however politely (or not) that they're not always doing a great job....

Dude, for gods sake chill out and put things into perspective.....

I've never been to the Escapemi forums and I have a problem with the moderation here. It's inconsistent, very often unprofessional, and sometimes (although I admit rarely) even offensive....

Is a little professionalism and consistency too much to ask for, or do you people think that being a moderator should involve insulting people, emotional outbursts, reopening other moderaters closed threads, arguing amongst yourselves etc?

Excuse me Carl, but couldn't you at least please respect the fact that The Harbor at escapemi.com was already an established community before the merge? *sigh* oh well.

Hey, I got an idea for all you old escapemiers. How about if we all break away from the lucasforums and go back to escapmi.com? How does that sound?

Oh, and in case any of you wonder if I know anything about escapmi.com, I've been lurking there ever since someone posted the link to Mek's moon thread on #Monkey-Island. But let's not bring back unpleasant memories.

Originally posted by RoyTordesLegend

Why though? Nobody hurt you or your family physically did they?

The people didn't drive anyone to do anything - it seems to me the moderators here are very highly strung and self opinionated, and simply don't like being told - however politely (or not) that they're not always doing a great job....

Dude, for gods sake chill out and put things into perspective.....

Dude, I wasn't bashing on you! Neither did I ever say that I regard what some fudge-head on these forums as being more serious as someone hurting me or my family physically. :~ I was just annoyed at the response to my post and, well, the whole darn situation. :¬:

Originally posted by Scabb

I'm sure that raVeN_iMaG3 - a delightful character from the WorldofMI boards-

I would just like to note that there is a specific reason why this certain member of the mi community does not post here as much anymore, and it is quite simply because of the spam. plain and simple and he has told me this personally that he doen't like IM's because they lead to shortened words and crappy stuff whuich is never thought out and too short to bother with. For this same reason, he also doesn't like these forum. and a lot of other people whom i personally would like on these boards stay away because of similar reasons.

Hm...the funny thing is, I mostly see

A) the escapemi'ers

B) the non-escapemi "rebels"

C) outraged XWA'ers

D) lots of happy fun witty and/or pissy supermods, mods, and Carl Shutt

A), B), and C) want D) to die painfully, and D) wants that at them right back.

Recipe for war? Yup.

Resolution in sight? Nope.

Y'see, I'd pipe up with my opinions too more, but somehow I just don't see how that's going to help. Unless I can find a way to puncture egos over the Internet...or in real life for that matter...*trails off in thought*

Not outraged Red,... just an interested semi-outsider.

I still think 90% of the issues here could have been avoided if someone had just spoken up a couple of months ago with a thread along these lines:

"Listen up! This is going to be a bit of a shock to most of you, but if we all work together on this we can make this transition go smoothly. There are going to be some big changes around here starting now. We feel the Harbor has gotten off-track as of late, and we really wish to correct this for the good of everybody.

Here's what's going to happen, what we want to see and not want to see in the future, and here's why were doing all this now...

... Any question, comments or suggestion? Feel free to contact us. We are warning you now so you won't be surprised, but in the very near future we will be closing some threads, as well as talking to some users in private about posting habits and styles in order to try to get everyone on the same page with this. Please do not take it personal or be offended if we close a thread you started or contact you by PM. We just want to do what we feel is best for the future of forum.

Thank you all for your understanding and co-operation in advance. OK, As you were. - The MI Mod-Squad."

Originally posted by bgbennyboy

I actually banned you for what you said to Bill Tiller. I'm banning you for ban-evasion now though.

And you still avoid my original point. I suggest that you encourage the very behavior that you claim to dispize by childish actions.

In a debate forum, silence is the same as acceptence. Unless you can somehow tell us why you are not a spammer, "wasting space" as you call it with your posts, we'll just consider that you conceed this argument, mmmmmmkay?

Archived