Home

Special Moves...how to?

AnArKey

OK, so we got our hands on the demo.

Now....how do we do all the special moves? There are a LOT more than JO, and they are all shown on the main Jedi Academy page. Neat little animations. But how do we do them? In JO, did we have to wait until people banging on keys figured them all out? Will Raven release a list explaining them?

I have noticed the heavy DFA is there, but doesn't work as before. I can get it once in ahwile by quickly tapping jump+attack+forward, but it only works about 5% of the time. It works instantly, no windup. The regular JO approach does not work anymore.

heavy DFA is hard to get the hang of. it's now executed in the same way that the medium DFA used to be. hold forward, line up your target (they don't need to be in the crosshair, unlike medium finisher, however), and then tap jump+attack together, all the while holding forward. you should launch into a DFA.

personally i prefered the old ones. you could take a swing at someone, and if you noticed they'd moved, you could launch into a DFA to try and surprise them. oh well, i guess this one will have the advantage of being more unexpected ... and easier to script :(

or just look in the readme

He's right... look in the "install" directory if you can't find it.

Interesting, the readme says that the BlasTech pistol has no secondary fire function in SP. Heh, oops! ; )

They don't mention PowerDuel and they say that you can't add bots to Siege mode (bummer).

That or maybe they could be added in a patch?

Would the bots be too complex to do in Siege? I find that hard to believe... if they can do Full Force Jedi bots in CTF/CTY already.

Maybe they just didn't have time to do the bot pathing in the Siege maps?

Now I don't claim to know all the in's and out's of the Q3TA engine, but couldn't you give the bots commands in Q3 CTF?

If so, then wouldn't the pathing be something less than static?

And anyway, static routes would still be better than nothing at all....

And it's not like the Bots in regular CTF don't fight. That's the whole point.

If Q3 bots suck in general, then it makes no sense to leave them out of one game mode, but include them everywhere else.

Do I have a point? (no offense, just trying to understand)

The dual saber lock breaks are frickin awesome. The first has you knock the enemy blade aside with the left blade, and you plunge the right blade into their heart.

The second is where you lock the enemies saber in place with one blade, and the second flies around the baddie spining and slices his back open from behind.

The last has you push the enemy's blade down, and you slash both blades across his chest in a huge X shaped cut, and then you slice them back out again. Sith shiskabob.

There are some other ones but those are the best.

Hello (THIS RELATING TO THE TOP SECTION) I have found with that nearly all moves can be done by just hitting all the buttons at once. I have notice that its nothing like JO where u have to hit certain buttons in order. Most moves liek the combos can be done whenever u want without being near enemies so is a good way to practice. well with that being said i think ill go practice

Archived