Home

Official Demo Thread (No others, please - Jed) *SPOILERS*

mariners2001

The for/back and side stabs will only work if the distance is right and your saber isn't getting pounded by attacks. I pulled it off once or twice. I also got the split kick going once, but the bad guys were just out of range.

Anyone figure out the cheat for switching saber types mid-battle? setforceall 3 seems to work, but doesn't seem to do anything for the sabers.....

I also noticed you could sometimes grip bodies once they're down. much fun slinging them around - using them to block blaster shots, etc.

Has anyone looked at the pk3's yet? I think to get consistent dismemberments you had to change the npc files to up the likelyhood - and to be able to lop heads off.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by boinga1

/\ There will be a tutorial, I promise.

I must say, the sheer variety of skins/models...especially for the female models ;) is a huge plus. The saber moves are awesome, I LOVE the Matrix effect on the Katas. I already played through 2 1/2 times, very good. The cinematics ARE better, we see Kyle step over the dead guy on Tatooinne..."Did I miss something?"...haha.

I can't figure out how to pull off a dual saber forward or sideways stab, though...anyone help? I mean it says "Attack" + "Direction" but I can't get that to work.

You need your enemy to be at the right position to pull it off. In this case, one in front, and one behind you at the same time. Then use "attack" + "direction". Also same technique for an enemy on the left and an enemy on the right at the same time.

P.S. Can't wait to play Multi. Single is already sooooooo f*cking good! :D

You need people in front of and behind you to do the forward and back stab and people on either side for the sideways stab. It can be hard to hit both targets, but it looks really cool when you succeed.

I took dual sabers and loved them. Took the saber staff, loved it. Took a single blade, loved it. They aren't as unbalanced as I had feared.

I can't wait to play the full game.

*goes back to play the demo more*

Originally posted by VanishingVision

plz post our fav moves you have pulled in the demo

I wanted to get a screeny of it, but when I actually did the thing, I didn't have a key bound, and I couldn't replicate it.

So, no screeny.

But anyways, here's what I did.

I was fighting one of those cultist guys. Pushed him over, he fell down, sat there for a second.

So, being the quick little blue twi-lek with blue saber staff that I was, I went over there and did the ground stab.

Got him right... where... it... hurts...

Looked excruciatingly painful. :)

I love the game but the only thing I think that needs some work on is the frame rate, like Kurgan said he did run JK2 at full but can't run JA on full, but anyways here's a screenshot I took on my computer.

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHZ

Motherboard: ASUS P4C800 DELUXE-UAY

Memory: 1024MB DDR RAM

Video Card: MSI GeForce FX 5900 Ultra

Heard Drive: Western Digital 120GB

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Operating System: Windows XP Professional

http://members.shaw.ca/macgyv3r/starwars/ja.jpg

Originally posted by Kurgan

I basically just messed around, I didn't get anywhere, because, sadly, my computer was SUPER SLOW and choppy. I got 9-15 FPS, even after turning most of the settings down (sad, because I could run JK2 at High Detail). : (

[/b]

I actually had the same problem. I think you have already done this before, but i wanted to make sure i did my part and helped...

I could always play JK2 on the highest quality. When i tried it this time it was slow, but after a while i discovered the problem. In setup>more video, there is an option called dynamic glow. It really cuts back on your computer's performance. So now i'm playing it on highest quality just like before :D .

I've only heard that it was available like 5 seconds within my visit to the forums just now, so I'm downloading right away here. Heh, I felt almost like as if I just heard about a party happening that started 2 hours ago :p. Do you think 350 mhz and 200-something (low 200s) SDRAM with a 16 mb graphics card could work without too much slow down as to make it unplayable? (Yes I realize I will have to set all video settings and such to the lowest quality :( )

demo=sweetzorz. the Chandrila level was hard for me even on Jedi :( so i just cheated and screwed around :). and the conc rifle rocks...i love the secondary fire railgun-type blast. the ragdoll also surprised me. it definitely isnt flawless (ive taken many a screenshot already on it) but i think its better than SoF2, if not the same. slice marks on people = plus. however, i wish they would stay a lot longer. ive tried to start editing the files, but it seems now i cant make a pk3 thats not corrupted :(. once i get this problem fixed, you can bet ill be changing those things around. if any of you get a chance, look at the .sab files. some of the things mentioned in there are...interesting ;).

To change sabers:

Single

/g_saber "single_1" (up to single_9 I believe)

/g_saber2 ""

/g_Saber_type "single"

Two sabers:

/g_saber "single_1"

/g_saber2 "single_1"

/g_Saber_type "double"

Staff:

/g_saber "dual_1" (up to dual_5 I believe)

/g_saber2 ""

/g_Saber_type "dual"

to change colors:

/g_saber_color

and

/g_saber2_color

then type

/map_restart

(these cvars are archive)

[edit]

ive tried to start editing the files, but it seems now i cant make a pk3 thats not corrupted

You can't edit the pk3 file in demo, from obvious reasons. It checks for the file's CRC against a hardcoded constant.

i've tried all saber combinations, and so far i would have to say saberstaff is the best. the ability to kick as well as throw leaves the other styles for dead in my opinion. the crouch+forward+attack twirly moves with the staff and dual sabers are quite powerful aswell, just start one up and run into an enemy and they're toast.

the more blades you have the more you're able to block it seems. i found it a lot easier to hit the baddies with one saber than those with two.

some cool moves though, like the spin kick. i was fighting the three saber wielding baddies before the big door and i leapt off the floor and spun around, kicking them all. their sabers did something like 140 damage to me, but it was worth it to see em all fly back. i have to say however, the saberlock moves are the best. breaking the lock allows you to execute an awesome slash on your opponent's body as their saber is knocked aside, the ones i've seen so far are very stylish.

i didn't like the dual sabers much, i found they got knocked out of the way too much. for me the saberstaff was a lot more ... "solid". light stance wasn't as useless as i thought, the kata was quite good actually, as was medium's and heavy's. still, i dont think i'd ever use light stance for anything apart from the kata.

all in all a very good single player experience, i cant wait to see how multiplayer is.

I just ran through the 2 missions available in the demo and I was very excited with what I saw, definately has raised my anticipations for the final release.

The Mos Eisley level was pretty cool, though I was a tiny bit disappointed you are restricted only to the landing bay, but since there are clear pictures of Sandpeople, Shai-Hulud Sandworms (...Oops I meant Sarlacc :D) and open deserts at least I know there is a longer visit to Tatooine than what's in the demo.

The Chandrila level was very atmospheric which I liked, though I am not a big fan of levels filled with continous jumping, still no complaints. I liked the statues and the tomb, though I am still not quite sure what those crystals are...other than really pretty lamps that is.

I enjoyed seeing the different costumes on the Trandoshans and Rodians, made it feel a little less like fighting generic clones of the same character. Chewie looked nice and was fun to have around, albeit too briefly. Somehow Kyle's face did seem a little better in the cutscenes than what I expected, I don't know the beard looked more real to me for some reason, though he should really get a change of clothes. I hated the way the Reborn looked in JO but I have to admit that I really like the new Sith warriors. Their half ninja/half desert like clothing looked good to me, particularly on the red ones that had additional head dressings.

I also enjoyed very much how damn hard those freakin ninjas are. I tried sniping one from very far away and he just evaded it thinking he was Neo, then he raced upwards two high jump platforms just to face me and I had to quickly change to saber as he got to me. Shooting others also didn't work (which is good imo) they spiraled and aerial cartwheeled out of every shot I fired at them, only the Concussion rifle worked and it was at another platform far away. So in this aspect I also am pleased.

In spite of being a little trivial, I also was a bit down about the lack of variants (since it was something so emphasized about the game) but like Kurgan said since it's a demo it probably doesn't contain every option in the final product.

All in all I think they have done a superb job from what I can see and I have very high hopes for the game.

H*ll yeah, it Rocks!!! It was kinda choppy for me at first, then I turned the anisotropic filter all the way down, and it runs beutifully now, and I have'nt noticed very much change in the graphics quality. So it looks good, plays good on my rig.

I like the new glow effects, and the way the weapons have shadowing on them now, very nice.

Before I played it I thought I was just gonna stick with the single saber, now that I have tried every different style I have to say that the saber staff has me hooked. I can't wait until the Full game comes out so that I can get online and Hunt some Wabbits Ja style.

I hope when the full game is released that there will be a way to save the player you have created and drop him/her straight into multiplayer.

Better models then i thought you can look damn cool espically as a Kel Dor or Human , the cutscenes are much better , and saber combat i find is vastly improved . I like Double bladed reminds me of light in someways but just has jel to it light dont got and thats not even mentioning the kick. As far as my comp gos , it did JKII with its testicles in a sling even on the highest settings , in academy i gotta cut back a tiny bit if i dont want my frames to dipe below 30 , which is all care about in single player anyways, and even on the highest its not too horrible most of the time

The cultists are definetely a big improvement over the reborn. Had the Chandrilla level been in JO with reborns, they would have been doing your work for you by jumping off the cliffs. I was half-expecting them to do just that my first time 'round. Imagine my surprise when one of them kicked me off.

the double blade is incredible. by far my favorite. what's weird is that I like the "twirls" more than the "katas" and can see those beeing spammed more. I have to say I am disappointed with the dual sabers though. Not entirely impressive to me.

Has anyone figured out the npc's that are spawnable??

I got these so far:

Cultist (is awesome, uses gun but does tons of acrobatics)

Kyle (don't piss him off is all i can say)

Chewie

Weequay

Rodian (sniper version)

Gran (thermal detonators)

Thats better! I love the staff. i tried the dual light sabers, but I just couldn't get any love out of them. The staff, however, is like a dream.

One last tip. I have found that the easiest way to deal with the dark jedi is to use force speed. Since it is at 3, you can easily kill the dark jedi before they can strike. =)

I can wait till the 17, I will just keep myself occupied with schoolwork......

now I am depressed.......:(

Oh well...there is always one thing that cheers me up...

:mrt: "I PITY DA' FOOLS, WHO TOUCH MY JEWELS!!"

later

Demo=sweet

A few dissapointments. First off, i expected a few new single saber stances, with more moves like the kata (which are sweet, all flashy and fluidic movements like the movies). And i was hopin for multiple stances with the dual and ddouble blade sabers. But the best part of all that is when the full version is out, We can finally add our own freakin stuff, animations and all.

Second, how the hell do you get the dual saber kata to work??? All it ever does is the saber barrier, but ive seen the comp pullin off dual saber katas, any help?

Archived