Home

Official Demo Thread (No others, please - Jed) *SPOILERS*

mariners2001

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

roll stab is your best friend =)

anyway, i loved the demo. i felt like they gave just enough away without spoiling anything. definitely going to be a dual saber person, the spinning cartwheel(think neo the way he spinned when he got up against smith) dont know how to pull it off butt did it twice. cutscenes where the shiznit, wall jump....droooolllll

best expierience yet = i managed to get two cultists to surround me and pulled off a double kill with the double stab(in front and back)

Originally posted by VanishingVision

Yah I like how nice the saber scars are... the combat actually takes skill! and there are a lot of specials to learn im gonna print out the readme it has all the moves catologed and explains how to use them....

Cheers,

-VanishingVision

where is the demo readme?

readme is [JADemopath]\install\readme.txt

and im pretty sure the kata's that the reborns do with their saberstaffs/dual sabers are the same as the moves you can do, but just with the tails for added effect.

the cartwheel/butterfly kick moves can be done by forward+jump+attack with the dual/staff sabers.

Originally posted by Anakin1607

Yeah, it rocks to have a gun that finally works on Dark Jedi. :D

Anyone catch that one Cultist line? "The Sith shall rise again" or something like that? Scary. :cool:

I heard it, Once. Now I wanna Join them....then destroy them from the Inside and bring back the Sith Order in MY Image.

A master, an Apprentice, and an Army.

EDIT: BTW, Want the Ultimate Challange? Try the Chandrilla Level with a Single Saber. Bettcha ya can't do it, I had to finish it with a Staffsaber. I'm gonna try again later witht he single saber.

EDIT: There is an ingame instruction manual on doing the moves. Tab, Moves.

EDIT: BTW, Want the Ultimate Challange? Try the Chandrilla Level with a Single Saber. Bettcha ya can't do it, I had to finish it with a Staffsaber. I'm gonna try again later witht he single saber.

I got through it with a single saber (My favorite, forever will i use a Single Saber). 2 times, once with blue stance and another with yellow stance (Fast,Medium)

i find DFA is easier if you hold down forward, then tap jump+attack.

all the moves are available in-game however, hit tab, then select moves, then select your saber style or acrobatics to bring up a list of moves, their requirements, and how to do them.

my favourites so far would definately be the saberstaff kicks and the single saber pull+attack. dual sabers don't do that much for me, although the saber barrier move is kinda cool.

2 really cool things I noticed.

The enemy AI is a huge improvemnt. I had one the the cult members corronered in the corner, then the crouched down to fight me better. Also, once I was dead, he kicked me! :D

And second, I accidetly did the coolest move ever, but I can't do it agian! I used force speed, then jumped at a cult member. But instead of doing a normal jump, my guy DOVE at him holding his lightsaber out! Unfortently, I fell off cilff and died. But I have't been able to do thins move agian. Has anyone done a move like this?

Okay, I don't know if it's something wrong with my system or what.....

I have all the latest drivers, and yet the bottom of that chasm in the underground Chandrila level is all colored a plain blue for me. Is it supposed to be like that, or is it supposed to be black?

I didn't like the 1st demo level, but the 2nd one is FUN! :D

I also noticed that they haven't fixed a "bug" from Jedi Outcast :) Use grip on someone over a "hole" and drop him. Then grip him again while falling down and move him to a safe place. He will still die from the long falling one saved him from :p But not that I care much about that.

Overall, I was pleased with it. And hope that most levels in the game are as fun as the 2nd one (which I belive they are). The saberglow is very cool! :cool:

I experienced the same thing when I first loaded up - it was nearly unplayable - however -

In looking at the mouse settings I noticed that Force-Feedback mouse was defaulted to Yes. I don't have a FF mouse - so I turned it off. Now it's as smooth warm butter.

I don't know why this default was set. It seems strange since I don't know that many with an FF mouse (maybe I'm wrong).

Don't know if this helps everyone - but it helped me.

I liked the demo very much, the same basic gameplay as JK2, but improved in nearly all apartments.

They did a lot of work on the staff/dual sabers, but they still feel way too uncontrollable. You just hold down the fire button and walk into an enemy while twirling your saber like mad - instant hits almost guaranteed.

All these preconfigured "twirl moves" and katas I have my doubts about - it is *YOU* who are supposed to make those moves by using your imagination and skilled keystrokes. Not rely on spamming scripted moves (yes, I said it).

That is why I am going to forsake the gorgeous staffsaber and concentrate on my favoured medium stance, to show that it is possible to control your strikes as well as look cool at the same time. I don't like doing this, especially since the staff's moves are so beautifully well done, but I'm at least going to give medium stance a try.

That said, I love the new moves -spider climbing on walls, kicking (wish it was possible with a single saber), rolls, thrusts, butterfly moves etc. All very well done indeed.

A shame about the spin-fu required to fight with the new sabers.

Okay one guy has asked about the long-jump so here's how to do it.

Press Force Speed (has to be level 2 or 3 and up, I think, not sure), then immediately run fowards (W) and jump (SPACE). You'll see one helluva cool Matrix-like jump, in which you can also turn on or off your saber in midair. I used this jump to cross the gapped bridge where there are 2 cultists waiting on the other side, complete with turning on my blade in midair, after landing slicing the hell out of them. Completey kick a**!!!

I also used this jump to cross the falling rocks at the end of the level when everything breaks apart and you have to escape like any good Hollywood adventure movie. Wow.

Archived