Home

who here (Gameplay vs. Gimmicks Thread -- No Flames Please)

Rumor

In MP I'm just going to rip it up as best I can with 350 mhz of processing power :p, I've grown to absolutely loathe saber down=peace servers. It will probably be FF/CTF and Siege only for me, with a few FFA servers thrown in the mix of course. In other words it's all about the gameplay for me.

There's only few things worse than servers that say "saber down=peace." And one of them is a server that says "saber down=peace," "bow before duels," and "no ground-killing" in the MotD. I've gotten kicked off of servers numerous times for either not bowing or "ground-killing."

Every goddamn admin in this game for some reason feels it's necessary for someone to press the c key before a duel and show off their crouch animation. (and show they have TEH TRU JEDI HONR)

Ok I'll get to the point.

Yeah, I think the gameplay is a lot more important than having your own "dress chewbacca in any clothes you like because he looks funny in a striped pink and yellow bikini and sandals make him look cute" skin.

BTW, I absolutely loathe whoever made that goddamn admin mod. Admin mods screwed JK2 over completely. I mean isn't having kick, ban, silence, lock teams and switch teams functions enough? You don't gotta turn players into walruses just because they killed another player in a computer game.

yes, but the whole thing about appearance is that you can still change it LATER ON even AFTER patches stop being put out.

gameplay is different, you have to get patches, live with what is there, or take a long, time consuming approach and mod it yourself.

all i'm saying is since you can customize your character in sp and mp, and there will be a lot of skins in mp, gameplay should be what we are worried about, appearance can be changed at any time.

Back on topic...I personally LOVE the customization. I also LOVE the AMAZING saber combat as much, if not more. I am living in the BEST of both worlds, and loving it!

My preference...I prefer neither. To have dual sabers/doublesabers while playing as Kyle...that would just be wrong. It would be totally out of character. You pretty much HAVE to have some kind of padawan to play as, and why not make it customizable? It works out great.

However, having the same voice for Rodians, Human Males, and Kel Dor is just WRONG. We know Rodians don't sound liek humans, and we can be pretty sure that Kel Dor wearing masks don't sound like us either. I DO think having the Zabrak and Twi'lek sound like the human females is fine.

And I must say, the alien female models are, well, HOT. :D

Originally posted by boinga1

However, having the same voice for Rodians, Human Males, and Kel Dor is just WRONG. We know Rodians don't sound liek humans, and we can be pretty sure that Kel Dor wearing masks don't sound like us either. I DO think having the Zabrak and Twi'lek sound like the human females is fine.

Hehe, you're right. It's just wrong. Hopefully the full version will have different voices, but I seriously doubt it. The Rodian would be difficult, because they would have to make up all the line in a different language. Kel Dor might be easier if they just added some electronic sound over the speech, like they do with the Stormtroopers.

I don't think so. Rodian, you could just increase the pitch, add reptilian effect (similar to the Trandoshan), keep it English.

I can imagine Rodians as African-sounding:

"Ah bettah keep followin' da beecons, mahn!" :p

No offense to anyone from Africa, or course.

Back on topic...I personally LOVE the customization. I also LOVE the AMAZING saber combat as much, if not more. I am living in the BEST of both worlds, and loving it!

My preference...I prefer neither. To have dual sabers/doublesabers while playing as Kyle...that would just be wrong. It would be totally out of character. You pretty much HAVE to have some kind of padawan to play as, and why not make it customizable? It works out great.

And I must say, the alien female models are, well, HOT. :D

You're talking about SP. This discussion was supposed to be for MP.

Sure, artwork matters in SP but MP is mainly gameplay. I couldn't give a flying rats ass if the default and only model in MP was that "StarWars kid" that unnamed kept rambling about.

I don't think so. Rodian, you could just increase the pitch, add reptilian effect (similar to the Trandoshan), keep it English.

Hehe, I'll be awaiting your African-sounding Rodian mod ;). As long as it doesn't sound like Jar Jar I'll be happy :D

I agree with everything said...except , "Ah bettah keep followin' da beecons, mahn!" isn't african my friend, that would be Jamaican :p

Originally posted by Kurgan

Thankfully, you are totally vulnerable during any of those.

LET THE PAIN BEGIN!

Haha I hope the taunt animation is going to be extremely long so that whenever some idiot decides to taunt, I can chop him in two.

I'm especially looking forward to killing anyone that uses meditate. It will be a big change from JK2's admin mod crap where whenever you used /amsit you'd be invulnerable to almost every attack.

Although, I bet some ***hole with a little programming skills will make an admin mod that will include a feature that protects meditators.

Heck, with our luck, JA converts JO mods. :( That means all the admin mods would be auto-converted! :mad:

using /amsit or some of the other animations may not work in JA. The reason for this is that JA has different animations made and different file names. An admin mod with animations and added bull**** will most likely have to be edited to suit the needs of JA.

I'm hoping for a simpler admin mod that only has a few functions that are really needed such as kick, ban and silence. But I'm doubting this will happen if the whole "honorable jedi" crowd decide to get JA. They just love their useless animations, don't they?

Archived