Home

The Future of MotF

razorace

Well, JKA is just around the corner and it's probably time to start talking the possibility of doing a "port" or redo of MotF in JKA.

I'm up for it. But that's assuming that the promised engine fixes have in fact been fixed.

However, I think the mod needs a new name. Too many people found MotF to be too confusing.

In addition, I'd like MotF to be a derivative of OJP. That way I can add critical game functions to OJP and then use them in MotF.

Thoughts? Comments?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see the mod continued, definitely. The new saber system was incredible, finally long-lasting saber battles! I have ideas as to a new saber combat stytem too, should it need be heard. Basically involves Offensive and Defensive styles, with mouse 1 for fast strikes and mouse 2 for strong ones. Strong style would be changed animation wise, (you're not exactly swinging a claymore) and the possible inclusion of a defense meter.:D

i think that you should do it similar to RenegadeOfPhunks modification - Movie Battles. In that mod - there is Manual blocking..But the problem is that the mod is a FFA or TFFA mod, and for Saber fantatics, its maybe not the best mod. I hope u'll makeit guys :D

Fire

Well, our system is much more complicated than the Movies Battle system. It was a simple clicking affair. Ours involves a more active defensive role by actively controlly which defense moves you take.

I'd like to see the mod continued, definitely. The new saber system was incredible, finally long-lasting saber battles! I have ideas as to a new saber combat stytem too, should it need be heard. Basically involves Offensive and Defensive styles, with mouse 1 for fast strikes and mouse 2 for strong ones. Strong style would be changed animation wise, (you're not exactly swinging a claymore) and the possible inclusion of a defense meter.

We already have a different system planned. sorry.

Archived