Home

JA Demo out

Fracman

I've gotten the demo, beaten it... Not what i was expecting. I was rather dissapointed. To me its more of a Mod to JO than a whole new game.

Its just a few extra saber moves and force powers. Not on my Top #10 games to get but i'll get it eventually.

I found the demo's physics very impressive. The way the saber slash marks appear on people is awesome, and if a person dies near a wall or on an uneven surface, they fold so they aren't through the wall as much.

I found that the duel-bladed-saber was much easier than the duel sabers.

Just wondering, now that the demo has been released, do you think what you've seen of the game will influence what game you'll mod. I'm not bitchin', I'll have both games, but will character creation and such be an obstacle. And if you want to go the way of Jedi Academy, you wouldn't have to remake the concussion rifle. I really like the new version, though I never got to use the original DF CR. Most people will probably want to go with the original.

It really does sound like I'm whinning, but I'm not. I just wanted to know how you think JA will influence the MOD, now that we've seen what is can do...

Character customization is nothing more than multiple .skin files for the same mesh, clever idea don't you think? As far as I've seen from the demo, it looks like a revamped JO, no more no less. The humanoid skeleton is a little different, but nothing that cannot be solved, and a lot of data is externalized, that means that many mroe things can be edited and added without touching the code itself. Eitherway we'll have to wait for the sdk and that means a couple of months more of waiting... the couple of months that I will take to finish JA =).

Archived