Home

Sanitarium. A mini review

Well finally and I do mean FINALLY, I have a copy of Sanitarium, after almost two years of searching dark corners of bargain bins, bidding (and losing) on ebay, and trying to find nice, generous dealers in foreign countries who would be willing to sell me a copy!

I've been playing it most of this afternoon as I'm sure you can imagine and I have to say, that I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

Here's my general overview thus far.

I'm not incredibly far into the game (I've got to Chapter three and completed a few puzzles within that), but up to this point, I've been impressed with the dialog (both the screenplay and the actual voices - they're really good), and I'm really into the plot! The puzzles haven't been devilish (I'll be honest, it took me ten minutes tops to complete Chapter One), but I'm satisfied with them for what they are. I spent most of my playing time on the second chapter and without giving too much away, it's a f'n headtrip!

Seriously, if you do not have a copy of this and can access a walmart in the States, I strongly suggest that you pick the title up for the money asked (Stupid me paid twenty five pounds for this!!). It's no Grim Fandango, nor is it a Monkey Island in terms of how revolutionary both titles have been to the genre, but the storyline is some of the best work I've seen in an adventure so far, and it constantly makes you think about both the story and the central protagonist!

Overall, I'd say it's been worth my wait! Sanitarium is certainly worth considering, even if you find the cover just a little off putting...:).

I know the review I've given is a little bland, but I think it unfair to make a full judgemental decision on the game until I've played it through to the end. I guess this is just me sharing a few thoughts with you about the game, and how it has affected me so far.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Archived