Home

Jedi Academy Demo...It just seems sort of "meh"

Giolon

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Prime:

But at least you got to find out that this game is not for you at no cost. With JO people had to buy it to find out if they liked it or not.

Don't fool yourself Prime, these people will no doubt buy the game, and continue to whine at folk about how much they hate it for years to come.

Originally posted by Obi-Wan X:

There's nothing wrong with it, but a lot of us have gotten used to the way acrobatics are done in JO. I think double tapping a wall, as long as your close enough is easier than timing it imo. Lag issues will probably come in to play as well, more than likely meaning you'll miss the correct timing of the jump in multiplayer at times.

Remember this: In JO SP, the methods of instigating certain special maneuvers were different than those in MP. Try MP before you expound on how it won't work. ;)

Originally posted by Destino:

Basically Raven stole JediMod cleaned it up a little and charged us the full price.

Firstly, though I wouldn't put such a thing past LEC, it's not true. I sense modfan's angst here.

Same music (at times)

Secondly, the music is as Prime noted Star Wars music. Sections of the Star Wars soundtrack, by John Williams, have appeared in every Jedi Knight game. It is both a tradition and a necessity that they do so. It would hardly feel like Star Wars with Frank Sinatra blaring out of its bowels now, would it.

Actually I may be on to something there.

same graphics (exactly the same)

As to graphics, the graphics are a means to an end: To allow us to see what's going on in the game. To see our opponents, to make the characters and scenery look good. If the graphics are good, that's fine. They happen to be good. As to their similarity to JO's graphics, well. There are plenty of differences. But even if there weren't, JO's graphics did their job quite acceptably, so there is no problem.

same gameplay as v1.04 JO (mistake IMHO)

The gameplay is not the same as JO, it's greatly different in places, and subtly different in others. Kind of like the gameplay differences between Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast, really. This IS a sequel in the JK series, remember. I would hope for rather a lot of gameplay similarities.

This game is at most on par with JO but in reality it seems like a small step back.

Look here, you're entitled to your opinion no matter how invalid, but hopefully you'll prove me wrong and avoid the retail version altogether. If I dislike a game I jolly well don't buy it. It's been a year and a half, and I'm now tired (and am certain others are equally tired) of reading endless negative posts by people who don't enjoy the game, but keep on playing it.

Originally posted by deth:

I'm getting the feeling that this game is more like an expansion pack....

Firstly it is not technically an expansion pack, because an expansion pack merely adds resources to a game, it does not run independantly of that game. For example, new levels, new models, new animations, but no new, separate executable. JA has an altered engine and runs independantly of JO. Thus it is a new game. Thus, MotS was in reality a separate game.

Secondly, even if it was just an expansion pack, so what? I'd buy an expansion pack for JO. I'd play it. IF it was good, that is. And if this is good, and fun, and a good game, nobody who is sane should care about whether or not it's very different from the previous game.

It's only a year and half on. If you were all expecting a paradigm shift in gaming technology to be included in JA... well, that would just be silly.

Originally posted by Kidso:

I think these people are just whiners, they can't live without complaining about stuff that doesn't really matter. People like that do exisit and are very annoying.

Well said Kidso. You took two lines to say what I've been trying to say throughout this post.

Spider Al do you work for LEC? Your posts have a customer service tone to them lol.

I see your points and I'm sorry if I came off as hating the game. To prove I do not I submit that I have convinced my entire BF42 clan to get JA. I wouldn't tell my buddies to buy something I think is garbage. I just think it should have been better.

Also I hope (fingers crossed) Raven doesn't bail on us after making just a few horrible patches. This time I'm looking for some real customer loyalty and support.

I really enjoyed the demo. You have to keep in mind though, that it is only a demo. The saber combat is much more fun then in JO. You actualy have to use your force powers and dodge stuff to actual win agianst them. Instead of going for super special effects. I think they focused more on the saber combat and such. After all, everyone complained about how you didnt start off with the saber in JO. I didnt mind at all, I thought the game was great. I think people just have something agianst star wars, lol.

Spider Al do you work for LEC? Your posts have a customer service tone to them lol.

I've been posting on JK boards since 1998, and if my posts sound like the posts of a techsupport person, perhaps it's because, like those in customer service, I've had to listen (metaphorically) to absolutely unmitigated drivel on a daily basis, all that time.

I see your points and I'm sorry if I came off as hating the game. To prove I do not I submit that I have convinced my entire BF42 clan to get JA. I wouldn't tell my buddies to buy something I think is garbage. I just think it should have been better.

Better than what, exactly? Some imaginary expectations? And since you say you don't hate the game, I presume you mean that you like the game. Do you often sit around writing negatively charged, non-specific posts about games you LIKE? I'm genuinely curious. What makes someone do that? I mean, your posts aren't constructive criticism even. It's hard to fathom what people think such posts will accomplish. Ah well.

Also I hope (fingers crossed) Raven doesn't bail on us after making just a few horrible patches. This time I'm looking for some real customer loyalty and support.

When they made the first patch, which was horrible, they were being very loyal to certain customers indeed: The customers who spent all their time on these boards whining and picking holes in the game, when they really didn't understand anything about the game.

When they made the second patch, which was ANTI-horrible, if not exactly proportionate to the first patch, they were being very loyal indeed, to the other, more worthy customers.

Frankly, if I made a game for a community as full of morons as this one, I might bail after a couple of attempts at appeasement too. ;)

Originally posted by Spider AL

I've been posting on JK boards since 1998, and if my posts sound like the posts of a techsupport person, perhaps it's because, like those in customer service, I've had to listen (metaphorically) to absolutely unmitigated drivel on a daily basis, all that time.

Heh I guess these forums are much like BF1942's then. I understand what you mean.

Better than what, exactly? Some imaginary expectations? And since you say you don't hate the game, I presume you mean that you like the game. Do you often sit around writing negatively charged, non-specific posts about games you LIKE? I'm genuinely curious. What makes someone do that? I mean, your posts aren't constructive criticism even. It's hard to fathom what people think such posts will accomplish. Ah well.

Better then it is. Is that exact enough for you? And since you want specifics

1- Mission screen before playing looks down right horrible. Nintendo had similar graphics. The force selection screen is far uglier then in JKII.

2- Weapons are still substandard when compared to other FPS games.

3- The graphics barely changed. All other games being released soon have a much advanced look to them. Raven should know that anything less then a giant leap forward = a step backwards in the gaming world.

When they made the first patch, which was horrible, they were being very loyal to certain customers indeed: The customers who spent all their time on these boards whining and picking holes in the game, when they really didn't understand anything about the game.

When they made the first patch they made the mistake of taking away instead of adding. All offensive abilites should have remained, they just lacked a way to defend against them.

When they made the second patch, which was ANTI-horrible, if not exactly proportionate to the first patch, they were being very loyal indeed, to the other, more worthy customers.

The second patch was just as bad, more was removed and nothing was added. The game became inferior to what was originally purchased.

Frankly, if I made a game for a community as full of morons as this one, I might bail after a couple of attempts at appeasement too. ;)

Not if you wanted to keep up with better companies. EA puts out expansions, patches, and the occasional map. Unreal gives out patches and maps like candy. Competition is the ultimate promotion for a game, if they support the community then the community will play, they will then bring sponsored events and extended sales.

Raven take notes!

Whoever said that ''when the full version is released'', think again.

The game went Gold - meaning it went 1.0, and that it went full version.

So you have to wait for patches instead

Ahem, reality check here...

Only a very tiny group of people (compared to how many will play the game) have played the "full version."

And once we rule out the few magazine people (most of the previews are based on pre-final builds anyway) and actual Raven Software/LA employees, what we have are people who have played the illegal warez version.

Now we have no way of knowing what kinds of trickery have been laid upon any warez versions (hacks, cracks, bugs, etc) and these folks lack any kind of documentation or tech support. And for all we know, the "Gold" edition is still later than whatever version the pirates are using.

So just because you played a warez version of the game doesn't give you the inside track on everything with this game. It may be hard to accept that, but it's the truth.

The vast majority of people won't be able to accurately evaluate the game in Multiplayer until Sept. 17-19th.

Also, remember that JK2 was released as 1.02. There was no 1.0 or 1.01 released to the public. The same could be true for JA for all we know. A patch might even get released right away if there was some problem that they missed prior to it going gold that they wanted to fix right away.

I've even heard of games that ship WITH a patch already. All sorts of things can happen.

The other thing is cvars and editable files. Remember how there were lots of hidden features in JK2? It took people a little while to figure those out and most nobody figured out, Raven had to tell us.

Now let's leave the warez version out of the debate now shall we?

The push/pull warp effect is totally new to Jedi Academy. It relies on some advanced video card features and so does not work on all systems. you can disable it with cg_renderToTextureFX 0 if you don't like it. The game will auto-disable this cvar on some systems that did not work correctly at the time of shipping. We hope new drivers will be available soon so you can reenable it at that time (if you choose.)

Originally posted by Kurgan

Actually, the push/pull effect seen in the demo is identical to the one seen in JK2 SP. The "force bubble effect" we'd all been seeing in those screenshots and videos was nowhere to be found.

So if this is a criticism of JA, then it's also a criticism of JK2.

Heh I guess these forums are much like BF1942's then.

I don't think so. In fact, in my experience Star Wars games and the communities associated with them, seem to attract RECORD numbers of fools, blaggards, morons and fanboys. The JO community was the worst of all. At least with JK the idiocy was contained and compartmentalised in hundreds of little individual Zone rooms. With JO, they all came here. :(

Better then it is. Is that exact enough for you?

No.

Every game could be "better than it is." What a pointless thing to say.

1- Mission screen before playing looks down right horrible. Nintendo had similar graphics. The force selection screen is far uglier then in JKII.

Firstly, no it doesn't, no it didn't, and no it isn't. Maybe your system isn't rendering it properly. Secondly, even if you were right, which you ain't, so what? A mission loading screen is so unimportant in the scheme of things that it barely qualifies as part of the game at all. Talk about picky. Get to the meat, please.

I thought you were going to give me specifics. What are you talking about, what in your opinion makes the JA guns "substandard"? And what FPS games have superior sets of weapons?

3- The graphics barely changed. All other games being released soon have a much advanced look to them. Raven should know that anything less then a giant leap forward = a step backwards in the gaming world.

Firstly, they've changed quite a bit. Perhaps your system simply isn't showing them to you properly. Secondly, name these "all other games" so that we can compare them, please. Thirdly and finally, what utter rubbish. Giant leaps forward happen once in a blue moon. Doom, Quake, Unreal, these are innovative games, and they're rare. The JK games have NEVER been jet-setting "giant leap forward" games, it's silly to expect this one to be so.

To be frank, all your posts in this thread are like this. Vague, and nebulous. You give few examples, no specifics, so it's impossible to know what you mean, let alone give your opinions credence.

When they made the first patch they made the mistake of taking away instead of adding. All offensive abilites should have remained, they just lacked a way to defend against them.

Actually nothing but the ability to rotate during a DFA should have been changed. 1.02 was fine as it was apart from that, and it was the fanboy purists and incessant whiners who knew nothing about the game who inflicted the travesty of 1.03 on us. Raven was merely following public opinion. Can't blame them for the fact that the public in this case was made up of extremely vocal morons.

The second patch was just as bad, more was removed and nothing was added. The game became inferior to what was originally purchased.

Idiotic, the second patch corrected 50% of the massive flaws introduced by the first. The imbalances in the special moves. The STUPIDLY underpowered guns. Add some overdue bugfixes, and you have a not-too-bad patch. 1.04.

1.03 was the patch that made the game inferior to what was originally purchased. 1.04 restored some of the glory of 1.02. QED.

Raven take notes!

Heh. Talk to LEC. Raven's just the Dev company, and they've done their best for the community so far.

Since this is a thread about demo impressions, I thought I'd share mine (not that anyone might be interested).

First, the good:

* I really appreciate having different moves for the single sabre, dual sabre, and dual-blade sabre.

* The addition of acrobatic movements is very nice.

* Gameplay on my machine was liquidly smooth (and I don't have an uber-geek machine either).

Second, the not-so-good:

* I would've hoped that if you went from a dual sabre to a single sabre that you would then inherit the moves inherent to a single sabre. I am not sure if this was limited because of it being a demo or if it's part of the actual game. It may be too much to ask, but it would've been cool.

* Similar to above, it woud've been nice that you could chain dual sabres together to make a light staff. I was looking forward to that. Maybe someone can make an admin mod to re-enable it without forcing it to be a cheat. :D

Thirdly, the really not-so-good:

* I don't think the graphics were updated all that much. One of the problems I had with Outcase was the almost cartoony aspect of the characters and the object textures. It seems to be somewhat reduced in the JA demo but it still sems rather cartoony.

* The model wireframe and textures do not always seem to be aligned. If you play a non-human character, you can notice that in some of the cut-scenes some clipping issues.

IMO, this is a worthy successor to the JK series. I will be getting this for my birthday on September 25th and the demo re-affirmed my desire to play the full game.

Just a comment on what some people have said about JA being JO with mods:

The dual sabre mod and light staff mods are not good. First off, there are really no (good) new moves added with the second sabre or light staff; as far as I'm concerned, dual sabres are a butt-picker (the second sabre seems to do as much good as one). You do have more attack and defense with the light staff but it has problems. Secondly, the second sabre and the light staff don't seem to care where the bearer's body is as it will happily skewer your own body during some moves. True, your body doesn't register the hits but it sure looks stupid. Thirdly, all the mods I have played with seem to require the 1.03 and the 1.04 patches. The gameplay for 1.03 and 1.04 seems bad in comparison with the original release. :/ (IMHO, YMMV, LOL!) Fourthly, I don't think the mods for acrobatics look decent.

JA admitedly has added things that modders have added. What modders didn't do that Raven did was to make the additional moves, stances, and powers to actually look good.

One last thing, THIS comment was truly silly,

Basically Raven stole JediMod cleaned it up a little and charged us the full price. Same music (at times) same graphics (exactly the same) same gameplay as v1.04 JO (mistake IMHO) and far worse in the screen that lead up to the game play. This game is at most on par with JO but in reality it seems like a small step back.

Nonsense. Jedi Academy was in development long before JediMod saw the light of day. Raven/LA was asked if any mods like JediMod inspired them and they said that no, they weren't. You don't have to play JediMod to want to have dual lightsabers or double bladed sabers in a game. Watching the movies is all you need for that!

Besides, by all counts, JediMod (and its many bastard stepchildren and clones) is far inferior to what JA offers.

Gameplay is "exactly the same" as 1.04? Did you try the demo? Even without knowing what Multiplayer is truly like, this comment bespeaks a person who didn't pay attention!

Besides, 1.04 didn't change SP at all, it was purely a MP patch.

If JA's MP is identical to it's SP, then it is still totally different than either JK2 SP or MP. I don't see how this "identical to 1.04" logic works out at all.

And the stuff people whined about in 1.04 MP could just as easily be changed with console commands, which sadly, few of the whiners chose to utilize. And don't get me started on the whole "honor" thing and those horrible admin mods. That stuff isn't Raven's fault at all.

In the end, if you don't think JA is going to be your dream star wars game, then don't buy it. Save your money and us your whining. ; )

emorog wrote:

The push/pull warp effect is totally new to Jedi Academy. It relies on some advanced video card features and so does not work on all systems. you can disable it with cg_renderToTextureFX 0 if you don't like it. The game will auto-disable this cvar on some systems that did not work correctly at the time of shipping. We hope new drivers will be available soon so you can reenable it at that time (if you choose.)

Didn't realize that, thanks I will try it!

* I would've hoped that if you went from a dual sabre to a single sabre that you would then inherit the moves inherent to a single sabre. I am not sure if this was limited because of it being a demo or if it's part of the actual game. It may be too much to ask, but it would've been cool.

* Similar to above, it woud've been nice that you could chain dual sabres together to make a light staff. I was looking forward to that. Maybe someone can make an admin mod to re-enable it without forcing it to be a cheat.

So let's see what you're saying... you want Dual Sabers that have all the moves of the Single Saber and that can form into a Saber Staff and do all those moves as well?

Umm... okay. So much for game balance! So one saber does everything, no need to have seperate sabers at all!

That will be one heck of a chaotic and unnecessary mod I would think...

emorog, many thanks, the command worked and I didn't notice any drop in performance. In fact, the move looks much better than I expected from seeing screenshots. It's just brief enough that it isn't silly looking, and since we have the ability to toggle it on or off, that's just great.

Always good to know that Raven cares. ; )

Don't fool yourself Prime, these people will no doubt buy the game, and continue to whine at folk about how much they hate it for years to come.

I know, that's why I said that :) Good to see you back Al...

Originally posted by Destino

Uh, Raven has done anything but bail on us. Bailing on us would have been to completely ignoring the game after it had been released. Instead, they tried to make improvements (I'll leave you to decide if they were successful), some of the developers also gave us info about how to mod the game. In fact they showed nothing but loyalty and support for the community, when much of the community showed that they didn't deserve that loyalty. Raven went beyond what people had any right to expect. Besides, it is Lucasarts who decides when and if there are going to be patches, not Raven.

Better then it is. Is that exact enough for you? And since you want specifics

But JA uses the same fonts and layouts that JO did. How can it be far uglier than JO? Because it uses different colours?

Aren't these the same weapons that were in JO? I don't really play other FPSers, so I don't really know how they rank. How exactly are they worse? Keep in mind that they need to fit into the Star Wars universe.

All other games have an advanced look? IIRC the Matrix game looked like crap, and you know as well as I that the list goes on. And I thought "not fun" = a step backwards. What new engine do you think they should have used? Keep in mind that it would have had to be available in the summer of 2002, since that is when development started. What giant leap forward are you expecting? Frankly, JA has done exceptionally well in this regard considering the age of the engine.

Some of the new games come out with great new graphics, and you know what, some of them lick balls. Revolutionary graphics does not garruntee a good game. And yet people still find tetris addictive, and it ain't the graphics :)

Not if you wanted to keep up with better companies. EA puts out expansions, patches, and the occasional map. Unreal gives out patches and maps like candy. Competition is the ultimate promotion for a game, if they support the community then the community will play, they will then bring sponsored events and extended sales.

But JA is also a singleplayer game, so competition does nothing to promote that aspect. In any event, Raven has done plenty to support the JO (and soon JA) community, and to a large extent the community has done nothing but piss and moan about fanboy "issues".

Originally posted by FurionStormrage

* Similar to above, it woud've been nice that you could chain dual sabres together to make a light staff. I was looking forward to that. Maybe someone can make an admin mod to re-enable it without forcing it to be a cheat.

These things were done to try and make each style appealing to players. If turning off one blade of the lightstaff gave you access to all the moves of the single saber, who would choose just the single lightsaber?

Similarly, if you could split the lightstaff into two singles, who is going to choose just two singles?

They wanted to make each style appealing to the point where player choices were based on preference, not some inherent advantage of one over another :)

Well, I was somewhat disappointed in the demo as well. Most of my disappointment came from the single saber, which is my personal preference, but is rather weak. One time in middle stance, I hit someone so much the he was a glowing sliced up mess, yet still took a fair amount of work to kill. When I took the Dual or Double Bladed sabers, I easily and quite quickly dispatched most jedi, hardly ever getting hit on even the difficult settings.

It reminded me of the "nerfbat" feeling I got from JO's patched MP (when I could hit a stationary target several times in mid stance without killing them). Maybe it's partly due to some sort of possible "damage ramping" (which I was never fond of the idea, seemed off to me), or maybe a constant string of bad luck with the single saber stances... The other sabers were good, though. At least the single saber's defense seemed to work well... but I'm a "best defense is a good offense" kind of guy. :D

There were also a few things in the line of sounds that bugged me. A little was the voice acting for some people, but there were two main things that annoyed me. The saber swings didn't always play well, and some of the sounds seemed... well... Weak. I fell a great distance, received about 80 damage in the fall, and instead of a bone crushing sound, I heard a grunt that might accompany a stubbing of one's toe. ;)

There are two other things did annoy me, too... an Exit feature on mission screens would've been nice... so when I complete a mission I don't have to go through briefing/mission screens, loading a level, etc.. Just to save or exit. The other thing is that the configurations aren't saved, so you have to change them every time you start the demo.

There are other tiny things: Minor bugs, ai (like most games) seeming able to cheat, ai problems, small personal "irks", etc... but those are easily forgivable.

Originally posted by Infinity Blade

Well, I was somewhat disappointed in the demo as well. Most of my disappointment came from the single saber, which is my personal preference, but is rather weak. One time in middle stance, I hit someone so much the he was a glowing sliced up mess, yet still took a fair amount of work to kill. When I took the Dual or Double Bladed sabers, I easily and quite quickly dispatched most jedi, hardly ever getting hit on even the difficult settings.

Just a question, but you weren't using the blue stance for the single lightsaber, were you? I'm not trying to be sarcastic here :) Just wondering if that could be it...

The other thing is that the configurations aren't saved, so you have to change them every time you start the demo.

But it does save configurations in the config file. You shouldn't have to reset anything. In fact, whenever I start a new game it remembers what my last character looked like...

A lot of good comments so far. :)

Here are my impressions from the demo - some of which I've mentioned elsewhere...

The graphics look very good. There are some marked improvements over JO.

I'm glad to see the return of lightsabers lighting up dark corners.

The saber combat is brilliant - I found myself using the whole

range of moves at my disposal. You can definitely see they focused a lot of attention on that aspect of the game.

The 'ragdoll' stuff was quite good. Not over the top, but maybe it could have gone a little further.

Character/lightsaber customisation was very good.

Minor issues...

When I first ran the demo, there was a sound glitch, like a scratchy crackle. I had to tweak the settings and do a cold reboot, and turn off EAX support to get rid of it.

I had one complete lock-up - crash to desktop - and one 'white-out' on level load. A few other minor graphical glitches...which I put down to the Radeon card in my system. It still hates NOLF2...and was pretty glitchy with the Tron 2 demo as well, so ATI still haven't got their drivers right. *kicks ATI*

The E-11 secondary fire seems to have been completely nerfed - drilling an enemy up close with it, it just didn't seem to have much effect. Minor bug, maybe?

Some of the AI seemed a little dodgy in the first level - enemies continued to sit there shooting even as I closed on them, and the Gran with the TD's didn't seem to move at all - which is far removed from their behaviour in the cantina in JO.

The Tatooine level was really quite short...I completed it in 25 minutes. By comparison, the Jedi Temple I completed in 1hr 25 minutes (and failed to find the secrets :rolleyes: ).

I would have preferred different voices for the Rodian and Kel'Dor - but particularly the Rodian. The male voice really doesn't fit that race.

Still quite linear.

Overall...I really liked it and can't wait for the full game to be released. :)

Originally posted by Kurgan

So let's see what you're saying... you want Dual Sabers that have all the moves of the Single Saber and that can form into a Saber Staff and do all those moves as well?

Umm... okay. So much for game balance! So one saber does everything, no need to have seperate sabers at all!

I know what you are saying but please bear with me for a moment.

From what JA promises, you start out with a single sabre and graduate to a dual sabre. It seems to me that if you wanted to holster one of your sabres you shouldn't be forgetting everything you learned when you used one sabre! I chose the dual sabre for one of my forays through the demo. I holstered one thinking that I may be able to practice some of the light stance moves once I holstered my second sabre. Well, when I tried to do a particular light stance move my second sabre got activated and I witnessed the dual sabre special.

Now, personally, I think it would be cool. You are concerned about game balance but I don't understand why this should be a problem. NOTE: I am assuming that you will be able to change your player specs in between the times you are dead. Assuming that player changes can happen the way they are with JO, what's to stop a person from being frustrated about being skewered all the time with the light staff from re-incarnating themselves with a light staff? I am not saying to remove the special moves from each stance. I am saying that if you choose to holster one weapon or combine weapons that you should inherit the abilities that the stance gives you.

Don't get me wrong, your opinion is valid (after all, the creators chose your opinion). I just thought it would be cool. :D

EDIT: Closed the above quote correctly.

Originally posted by Prime

Just a question, but you weren't using the blue stance for the single lightsaber, were you? I'm not trying to be sarcastic here :) Just wondering if that could be it...

But it does save configurations in the config file. You shouldn't have to reset anything. In fact, whenever I start a new game it remembers what my last character looked like...

No, I was using medium stance, as I said right before the glowing sliced up mess bit.... And I had a fair amount of difficulty with all the singlestances. It seemed pretty odd to me, but that's the way it was. I would grip a Cultist, he'd lower his saber, and I'd go up and whack him with the strong stance... I did it three times in a row and he still didn't go down.

Another odd thing is apparently an idle saber no longer does any damage.... I went up to a rodian merc and left my Double-Bladed saber in his gut for a minute and a half without result.

And it doesn't save anything on mine... not the character, nor the keybindings... Wish it did.

Maybe it's just buggy...

Another odd thing is apparently an idle saber no longer does any damage.... I went up to a rodian merc and left my Double-Bladed saber in his gut for a minute and a half without result.

That's because you've been playing with g_saberRealisticCombat 1+ for JO. If it was set to zero, idle sabers didn't do damage either in JO. The cvar didn't seem to get transported over to JA, unfortunately.

Originally posted by Thazac

TBH, when I downloaded the demo I though they'd lock me/us to human male, two faces, torsos, legs, single saber and a map cut from the full version. I really got a kick to the face when I could select all races and such. Even though I'm certain they will have more faces etc in the full version.

*Spoilers*

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

V

Setember 17, you will be disapointed....

Archived