Home

Force Push/Pull "Bubble" not appearing...any help?

mariners2001

So I realize this is a minor complaint/problem but it's bugging me anyway. When I first downloaded the demo I noticed that the Force Push/Pull "bubble" as seen in the pics on the official site did not appear when I used those powers but instead the old wind animation. Also, when my cursor was over an object that can be used with the force, the force-indicator didn't work.

So, I just thought they changed it for the demo and that's all. Well, I went over to my friend's house and was watching him play it but the first thing I noticed was that he had the bubble AND the force cursor. So something is screwed up with my settings or something. I downloaded the demo again but there was no difference.

Is anyone having this problem? I'm sort of interested in this bubble and the force cursor is always handy. Does anyone know how to fix this? I use the "normal" Video Settings and all the "More Video" settings are on except Dynamic Glow. I'm confused.

I want the bubble dammit!

Originally posted by Kidso

I don't have the force bubble and im damn glad I don't cause I thought it was really stupid, instead I have the magnify thing which is really cool. Bubble sux! Kill the bubble!!!!!

Magnify thing? Yeah that's the "bubble" type thing I'm talking about. I have the old push/pull wind from JK2.

Actually, its there. I have a geforce 2 mx400 64mb video card (but its an above average version, very fast, the fastest Geforce 2 ever made, but still a geforce 2 ;) ) On level 2, when you push the rock, pay attention, notice that near the edges it has the bubble effect, thing is, it goes by fast. They sped it up, but you notice nearly every time there is a bubble, but you need to be paying attention to see it.

I'm running a GeForce 3 and I see the bubble and force cursor. I know in JO, at least in my copy, when you play on a harder difficulty the cursor disappears. I think that happens on Jedi Knight and Jedi Master. How do I turn the bubble effect off? It is really annoying me!

Okay, I always saw the "force hint cursor" (the little blue swirly thing) that appears on force controllable objects in SP.

This was in JK2 and I saw it there too.

What people I think are talking about is the big round "tranparent fuzzy circle" that is supposed to appear when you Force Push or Force Pull an enemy. It is quite clearly shown working on the LA Official JA site in the Force powers pics (Gameplay section of the site).

I have NOT seen this effect, except in screenshots and a few early videos. Never in game.

I have a GeForce2 GTS 32mb.

PS: The force hints can be toggled on or off in the video options menu.

When I use Force Push/Pull I just get the "wind" effect on the hand like you saw in JK2.

Yes, that is what I am talking about Andy, however I just tried turning on Detailed Shaders and all I noticed different was that my framerate was reduced to about 7 FPS.

No "bubble effect."

Could it have something to do with Anisotrophic filtering?

It's not Dynamic Glow, because I have that on.

I had to "downgrade" my nvidia detonator drivers to version 43.45, as the latest ones were giving me errors and causing HORRIBLE performance in game.

I have a GeForce2 GTS 32 mb video card.

Andy, it looks like you uploaded the same pic twice?

Anyway, it sounds like those who want the Force Bubble can't get it, and those who do have it don't want it. ; )

I think the only Force powers that should have visual and sound effects are ones like Lightning and Drain that actually need them. Push and Pull shouldn't have anything, unless the object collides with something, and then there should be a thud. Sense is probably the only neutral power that needs effects. Grip should not have any effects except for the victim choking. I reckon Mind Trick should have the Light Jedi shimmer out of sight without sound. Protect and Absorb might need effects perhaps. I've obviously missed some Force powers here, but you get the idea.

Archived