Home

Saberstaff way too good?

LordDragon13

Anyone else notice how much better this seems to be than other options? With the staff I can pretty much just hold down attack and press forward, and he will kill any enemy jedi with a couple hits. I like the dual blades, but they take forever to kill guys and I take a lot more damage. And I have practiced with them a lot more, but I still do better with the staff.

Well, as far as I experienced, the staff IS better than the others, although only slightly.

I've started with the staff because I like it most, following the dual sabers, then 1 saber medium, staff on Jedi Knight, dual sabers.

Staff was best to play, but the damage i recieved wasn't much lower than with the duals (1 saber sucked...don't know why).

I killed the enemy nearly equal in speed and it wasn't just w+mouse1.

So, yes, the staff is (as far as we can say) the best.

Still, I'ma use it most in mp.

i didnt really find the staff to be that much better then single medium. I found i was much more effective actually against a single opponent with the single medium or heavy.

Against multiple opponents, i actually found the dual sabers to be ideal. But the staff worked pretty good too though.

I guess its all just personnal preference cause I couldn't do anything with dual sabers, I need to practice more I guess. Play the game on Jedi Master!!!! come on people !!! lol

Staff is more ideal for taking on more then one apponent, thats what I found.

I liked Single saber strong the most, you can break through anything with those swings.

I adore all the wildly differing opinions here. :D

I've only tried strong, dual and staff sabers. I pretty much found them all equal. The staff kick is really nice...pity it comes at the price of saber throw. (Of course you can always turn off one blade then throw it)

I dont think its to powerful at all

I feel as if it would be a pretty fair match for single against lightstaff if single got all three stances and lightstaff got 2. Give me all three stances in JA and ill do just as good as I do with the lightstaff.

But dual sabers is another story entirely...tsk tsk. Those things just invite death imo : )

I think its very easy at first to dismiss the new sabers as "hack 'n' slash button mashing non-skill" whatever or "random."

But then we all know we did the same thing to JK2, and JK... etc.

Once we have learned each one, I think that then we can say if its balanced or not, but we'll always have our preferences and nobody will ever agree on what is "the best." ; )

Originally posted by Kurgan

If I took the general community opinions at face value, I'd say the saber types are all perfectly balanced (Ie: some say the single is overpowered, others say the staff is cheap, and still others say the dual sabers are unstoppable).

; )

There are dual saber fans? Where? All I hear is Strong Single and Staff are both uber. Which makes me want to play Dual Sabers just to be different... :) ... but I would like to hear some GOOD things about dual sabers...

Well i was looking forward to the Saberstaff, as i always have liked staff type weapons.

but on using it, i didn't really get on with it to much, found myself missing to offten (probably because im used to single saber from JK2 and not sure on attack patturn yet and swing over thiers head and stuff)

but on using medium Single i whiped through slicing things left right a centre.

so not sure i my stick with my fav style and try getting used to it, or may go with single saber. (but must add i really think single should get all 3 stances)

just hope we dont see like 70% of players using the Staff, 20 using duel and like 10% using single.

but knowing me i will ethier stick with what i love (staff) or wait and see what will happen and use the least used type :)

Wow, a lot of triple posts, of the same post. I LIKE THE DUAL Sabers. There, theres your one fan. I find the jump attack works exceptionally well against mulltiple opponents, and as long as you watch your back, your usually good. I can usually take the three cultists on no prob, same with the 2 dual saber cultists on jedi master

the staff has kicks, good blocking, good penetration, and good damage.

strong has decent blocking, great penetration and good damage.

the other stances simply don't have the ability to withstand attacks from the staff or strong. dual sabers might block saberstaff, but will find themselves unable to break through it's defense.

im still trying to decide whether to use strong or staff, but i somehow just can't see any other saber style being more powerful ... i would dearly love to see someone prove me wrong, however, so all you fast stancer's have to get your buttocks onto the nearest ladder and give this game some variety :)

There are dual saber fans? Where? All I hear is Strong Single and Staff are both uber. Which makes me want to play Dual Sabers just to be different... ... but I would like to hear some GOOD things about dual sabers...

Yes. Me for one... ; )

I've read people claiming each of the available saber types is the best. Just take a look back and if you have the patience you'll see.

It all comes down to personal preference as I see it. Eventually anybody can master anything in the end. There will be whiners sure, but we can just ignore them.

heh yeah, for me strong was the easiest to cut down enemies with, then the rest were tied

and i was playing on jedi master

edit: V (down) well you must have not been that experienced, because you can easily cut people down with strong in one or two hits, w/o taking anydamage

I've tried all of them and here are my opinions on them :

Staff - Hold the mouse button down and you spin like Darth Maul on steroids, needs damage to be toned down.

Single - Rubbish, I just couldnt kill much really even with 1 year experience with Jedi Outcast, not changed at all really. :(

Dual Sabers - My favorite, actally needs to skill with aiming and attacking, looks the best defending and has the best taunt.

For those of you don't know how to taunt open the console and type :

Bind v taunt

Archived