Home

Moves look cool, never hit anything

AnArKey

Started it has! :yoda:

Whinewhinewhinewhine! NoobnoobnoObNOOB! :violin::rolleyes:

Let's not call anyone who tells their opinion a "noob with no skill". Let's not complain about things we have not even played yet.

Someone posted a valid argument, though. Multiplayer will be similar to SP (that's what Raven said). Therefore we can make assumptions on how things will be. And if we'll have 16 katas and special moves that are nothing but eye candy against human opponents.. well, that sucks.

Destino has a point. No kata is going to hit me and there is no way a kata will ever hit those people who actually have skill and decent reflexes.

I don't want to see 18/18 people on a server spamming the same **** (DFA) over and over again. But is the solution making special moves slow, weak and useless? No. The solution is to have sabers that swiftly kill the poor bastard who misses his special. I'm eager to see how high saber damage will be in FFAs.

And the ground stab? Well....the only way to land that is kicking the opponent down in a corner where he can not roll away. The move is cool looking but seems useless at the moment. You might be able to use it in a force combo to make it work, though.. anyone?

My first impression of JA is that it caters for those people who like to play some silly window dressing mod on map Bespin, act all Jedi and emote their asses off while swinging 2 polka-coloured double bladed sabers. :mad:

But we'll soon see just how similar multiplayer is. I hope Raven won't ditch the 1.04 precise gameplay and introduce "SP flashy-but-ineffective movie likeness" instead.

of course it's speculation. but it's speculation built upon the demo, trailers, screenshots, reviews and the info in these forums. aside from possible reductions on controllability of moves, i cant see any reason for the MP and SP moves to be changed drastically. the point remains that the double saber spin leaves you defenseless, and has incredibly limited potential for actually hurting an enemy.

Agreed. I tried that combo and it didn't really do anything against the cultist. But, it did wonders against non-saber wielding foes. That is probably what the weakness of the duel saber is. No saber in hand = dead. I can't wait for the game to come out though. I'm not going to rate anything just yet :)

in my opinion, dual sabers are more for defense, and the staff for offense. thats just what i feel after playing the demo. also, i just love the dual saber breaks...i kept on spawning cultists just in the hope of getting a saber lock :D. anyways, i think the moves are pretty cool, although a few will take some learning...i can never seem to get the wall grab and run up + backflip to work correctly, same with backflip. and the katas....basically just for show, especially with the long, winding saber trails. the double saber kata does seem too long and useless, at least against saber-wielding enemies...but all of them still look sweet to me!

Archived