Home

The Matrix Unplugged: Freeway

Cazor

Freeway from the matrix reloaded.

freeway.JPG

freeway2.JPG

freeway3.JPG

freeway4.JPG

Skybox is temporary (its just to give off light)

Uhm.... yeah... so whats gonna happen is theres traffic driving around and every car you can steal, and drive with JA's vehicles. Theres also gonna be a motorcycle and the car the 'good guys' drive. Hope you all like it.

I assume the uppermost overpasses (the horizontal and vertical ones in the last shot) will be inaccesible? Otherwise, the edges of the map would make them quite ugly to be driving on. I also might extend them a little further than the edges, to give the appearance that they keep going.

Make good use of JA portal skies. Also add more details to break up the roads, right now it's a bit monotonous and monochrome. Put lines on the roads, traffic lights, streetsigns, etc. Looks like a good solid start so far.

It might also be interesting to make a map that consists of several fast-moving cars, always in motion along a straight line (so you only have to give the appearance of motion--build the cars stationary and make the background a portal sky that looks like a road zipping along), and the fight takes place on the roofs of the cars...if you fall, you die. Might be a good idea for a power duel map...

Originally posted by wedge2211

Make good use of JA portal skies. Also add more details to break up the roads, right now it's a bit monotonous and monochrome. Put lines on the roads, traffic lights, streetsigns, etc. Looks like a good solid start so far.

Traffic lights? On a highway? :eek: That could get ugly.

I think the power duel idea is a good one, though.

Originally posted by Eldritch

Traffic lights? On a highway? :eek: That could get ugly.

I was about to make a snide comment like, "yes, traffic lights, don't they have those in Florida so you can see the roads at night?" but then I saw Cazor's last post, and yeah, I meant to say streetlights. :p

@Cazor: Nice work, those help to break up the monotony of the highway. Can't wait to see some color, too...Don't forget those water-filled barrels!

Originally posted by wedge2211

I was about to make a snide comment like, "yes, traffic lights, don't they have those in Florida so you can see the roads at night?" but then I saw Cazor's last post, and yeah, I meant to say streetlights. :p

Confusing streetlights with traffic lights... man, I sure hope you don't drive! :p

A few things:

- The on/off ramps turn too quickly - they're almost 90 degrees. When have you seen a major highway with a 90 degree offramp?

You might consider making the turn a little more smooth.

- There doesn't appear to be anyway to get onto that outer loop, or the 4 overpasses.

- Do something with that ground. Either retexture it so it doesn't repeat so much, or add something interesting down there (more roads?) to break it up. Maybe some slightly varied terrain so it's not flat. Anything would be better than what it is now.

Originally posted by Eldritch

- There doesn't appear to be anyway to get onto ... the 4 overpasses.

To my mind, that's not a problem, in fact it's better. It lends the map a sense of scale, without having the problem that you could see the "end of the road" while standing on the top overpasses.

However, a couple accessible overpasses would certainly add to the map.

You're gonna have cars/trucks moving constantly around the map, right??? Not just drivable ones, but automatic ones?

...And yes, I do drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Uhmm... yeah im back.

Ill asnwer some questions

The highest 4 overpasses will not be accessible by road, but you can jump to them. They dont serve a purpose other than to make the map look bigger and more busy like the real freeway.

All the cars will be driving as NPCs around the track until you decide to steal it if if you want. some of the special reloaded cars and the motorcycle might be in hidden areas.

Theres gonna be junk and some roads in that big empy space doen there. a lot of people didnt like the idea of grass, so i ran out of ideas for a while.

And yeah im thinking about making a portal sky where the onramps connect and just go on for a while until you cant see them really.

Yes i know the onramps turn a bit quickly but its accualy not hard to get on them. Theres really not much room for a long area to get on the onramp and make it a very slight curve, and i wanted it to be at all nice angles to connect to the other roads (90 degress is a lot easier to work with patches than 45 or something else)

framerate in JA isnt that good at the moment, then again i have everything on (to the point where SP is like 20FPS average) since this mod wont use any sabers, you can turn off glow and dynamic lights for them and that would drop it significantly right there. I havent fixed it all up for performance yet, either.

any other questions?

hi

real good work

:)

so we make a mod called bespin$treetracer mod

there u can make rtaces with these swoops so

we re instersted that u will join our comuntiy

and map for us

(sry for my english im swiss)

it would be a honor to have u as a mapper in the comunity

visit us @ http://www.bespinstreetracer.de.vu

also u can add me in msn messenger