Home

Turning off one blade?

Prime

heh, try the saber style. With the staff and duel you get an extra single stance. I like with the duel blade if you have one saber up and do a crouch+attack move it sparks both sabers up for ya and you do that swinging both sabers like you're trying to swat a fly.

Yea, I wouldn't be surprised though is if with the new support animations from us the community if someone will create an animation to where a person could hoster the saber and what-not.. Maybe even make an animation for the single saber for like what Yoda did.. but in a faster more realistic motion, like you press the saber button (1) on most keyboards and he automatically does it, instead of having it be some kind of useless emote like KISS.

i discovered this when i was checking for another saber style with staff, works for dual sabers too. just press L (unless you've mucked up the presets) when you have two sabers/staff out. it will turn off one blade, and so far its been very useful!

in some duels you really DONT want two blades and one blade would be alot smarter (my opinion based on my experiences). plus its kinda fun, walk up near an enemy ignite one blade, he ignites his two, you ignite another. give a lil taunt and start the dance!

Originally posted by Darth Talliusc

i discovered this when i was checking for another saber style with staff, works for dual sabers too. just press L (unless you've mucked up the presets) when you have two sabers/staff out. it will turn off one blade, and so far its been very useful!

Ah, thanks :)

Overall I think I still like the single saber best. It will be great once you get all three stances...

Actually I wouldn't mind it if you were restricted to a single stance up to a certain point in the game, then chose another stance and got stuck with that.

It sort of ups the Jedi realism, you don't see the Jedis in the movies suddenly going to hold their saber differently and opt for a completely different style of fighting all of a sudden in the middle of a duel.

pedro, a nice idea. but i would HATE to be stuck with strong stance for any stretch of levels. you make a great point for realism..... but i think we threw realism out the window when we started having lightsabers in the discussion.

how about a limit to two styles? that way you're never stuck with something that you cant perform with. and while we're on the subject i think we should be able to decide what our backup style for dual/double sabers is too!

i dont mean a second style for them, just that when you press L having two/staff out, it lowers one blade so you're back to single saber, but i would love if we could pick that stance for when we're using staff and then switch off one end.

personally id use 2 sabers with a fast stance as single equip.... but thats just me

Archived