Home

Mods! What do you want to see?

Luc Solar

What are your thoughts on mods? What to you want them to do?

I personally hate what certain mods ended up doing to JO. Servers turned into "anti-gaming map Bespins" where the key questions is not how to beat your opponents to score points, but how to behave in order to not get kicked or banned or slapped or sleeped or blown up or humiliated in other "cool" ways by empowered admins.

What do you want a mod to do? Do you want an easy-to-use slider where you can f.ex. set desired saber damage for the current game type? Do you want to have the option to give certain players force lvl 7 and the ability to kick the crap out of dishonourable lamers using Kyle's special grappling techniques?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey im new to the Fourms but ill toss my Two cents in. I wanna see :

A) More Hilts ... From what i can tell ur pretty limited to the premade hilts....

B) More Clothing/faces/Models... The Clothing seems pretty limited like the hilts not enough veriate...

C)More Saber Colors...

Oh and lots of single player maps.

a "ladder" like map where u can fight all sorts of stuff...

NO dessan at the end... i HATE that guy .. he's a ****ty darth vader.

Siege Maps... lots of good Siege Maps. ; )

And some non-Star Wars mods. That's about it really... everything else I could have asked for has already been done in JK2 (or is being done) and can be easily ported.

Now if I were to ask RAVEN for something, it'd be for the overlay map to be put back in for SP and a keyserver in the full version (if there isn't one already)... but we can't have everything.

I'd like to see more inventive mods, more vehicles and seige and FFA or power duel maps.

But my choice would be like a Medieval TC mod, replacing guns with different bows and arrows, swords with maces axes and spears. Vehicles like horses and such, heck throw in some fantasy and add a wizard class (using modded force powers). Then the vehicles would be like griffins, dragons, horses, giant dogs, boy that'd be awesome if my dream mod came true. :cool:

Oh, I thought of something.. heh, I knew I would. ; )

New vehicles. We already have confirmed that Taun Taun, Swoop Bike, AT-ST and eweb cannons will be in single and multiplayer.

How about an Endor style Speeder Bike (with front mounted cannon?) and a Biker Scout skin to go with it. ; )

Lots of cool vehicles could be made with the right amount of time and talent. Imagine AT-AT's in Siege with a gunner and a driver... carrying troops to battle... whoa!

Or how about a full-scale 2-man AT-ST like in the movies? (Put a guy in the driver's seat and a partially open cockpit for the other person to sit on top with a gun in his hands!

Ewok gliders? Jabba's Skiffs? Luke's Landspeeder? Pod racers?

Heck, maybe someday we could re-create the Battle of Genosis.

And perhaps the scrapped concept from the original Jedi Knight with Kell Dragon riding Grave Tuskens can finally be realized? So many possibilities...

So many great Star Wars scenarios exist in the movies and EU that could be done in Siege, with the right vehicles and decent maps. Can't wait to see what people can come up with!

Anyway, I hope that something is done about the lack of bot support (according to the demo readme) in Siege Mode.

Perhaps Raven just didn't have time to do them, but they'll give us the code so that we can mod them in...?

Ya, lots and lots and lots of Siege Maps. Thats really one of the two reasons i'm buying the game, for Siege. Also i'd like to see some non-starwars mods, and depending on how modder friendly JK3 is i would love to see a Matrix Or LOTR Conversion. Sounds way impossible but i have even worked out a detailed replacement sheet.

It looks like the game already has plenty of sights and sounds. Has anyone ever played a Freeze Tag mod for Quake2, Quake3, UT, or UT2k3? It'd work wonderfully in JK3!

By far the most polished freeze tag mod is at http://www.ufreeze.com . It's for Quake3 and the list of gameplay features is through the roof. JK3 has plenty of visuals already, put in some of the gameplay, statistics, competition, and network enhancements from Ultra Freeze Tag for Q3!

I want, for Jedi Outcast/Academy EVERY beautiful thing Azlon did in MANOWARS3 and MANOWARS JK and MOTS.

Period. Long live the Mandalorians.

(go visit the new link to JKMAG from jediknight.net if you know not of which I speak... you'll know what I mean.)

LONG LIVE JKMAG! :D

The mod community needs a standard as far as weapon balance is concerned. Most JO mods were just unofficial patches made by someone who thought "<insert weapon here> is too powerful, lets nerf it" or "<insert weapon here> isnt strong enough, lets make it god-like and nerf everything else to hell."

It got extremely retarded. To the point where youd join a server and theres no telling what ridiculous changes someone had decided to make. And 9 times out of 10 it wasnt fun. I remember this 1 server that had force regeneration jacked up to the max. Your force pool regened so fast that you practically always had full force. You can just imagine the push whoring that took place...lol.

Another problem was maps...like how there were hardly any decent ones. I played mostly CTF. Out of the whole lot of CTF maps, there were maybe 2 or 3 decent maps ever created.

In the end, the JA fan base wont be anywhere near the size of quake, unreal tournament, or halflife. With less people playing, that means less modders. And less modders obviously means less mods. Plus youve got alot of people who just play cuz its something to do until the other FPS game they are waiting for gets released. Only the hardcore folks stick around.

I really hope siege mode takes off. It has potential to be cool.

I want to see an Original Trilogy TC:) but thats just me probably, though it would be cool to see since the Millenium Falcon and Chewbacca are already made to be of use, long with C3P0 and R2d2 and Luke for ROTJ, though he could use some skin creme or something to help get rid of those wrinkles:)

What JA really needs are mods that allow us to RPG correctly on FFA servers. Then we can teach honour and respect to all players and provide a fun environment to play the game as it should be played. I have taken the time to come up with some mod ideas to greatly improve the gameplay of JA:

1. Add as many emotes and animations as possible. This includes sitting, waving, sipping tea, the adding/removing of pants, the grabbing of genitals, and various forms of making out and kissing.

2. Certain phrases containing the words "gay" and "lame" and "saber down == peace" and "honour" should be selectable by the mousewheel.

3. The ability to empower the admin so that he can honourably teach others about respect and honour through humilating the offending player. This garruntees that everyone on the server has fun, and the admin can bask in the glow of his l33t ski11z.

4. We need plenty of maps that contain many rooms for us to roleplay in. These rooms should be of various styles, to allow us to have shops, pubs, houses (for the "sipping tea" emote mentioned above), strip clubs (great for using the adding/removing of pants emote), skating rinks, and government offices (for the player acting as mayor).

5. Mods that disable the use of the lightsaber, guns, explosives, and force powers for all players. With these inconveniences out of the way, players will be free to act out their parts as bus drivers and encyclopedia salesman. This will also help enforce the saber down = peace policy that will be enforced on all servers.

6. As many skins as possible that represent the various clans in JA. These skins should be exactly the same as default skins (preferably the Reborn model), but with a big clan symbol on the front and back.

7. Scripts that and server side mods that enforce bowing before a duel, if in fact a mistake has been made and lightsabers are enabled on the server (see above). The bows should last for three minutes so players can be sure that their opponant is showing respect and has honour. These mods should not allow the wiggling of the ass and the playing of the Lando taunt, because this shows that those gay lame bastards do not have honour. I think you will agree that allowing this and adding the pants emote would lead to certain disaster.

8. Mods that hide cheats and cvars that control lightsaber damage should be developed so that we don't look so stupid when we complain about nerfed sabers.

9. There should be mods that force players to only duel on FFA servers, and force others to employ the sitting (or kissing and pants removal) emotes while waiting for their turn to do honourable battle. This will prevent lame FFAs that lack honour.

10. A mod that creates a forcefield around the player when they are chatting would prevent us from getting lamed when we are trying to call someone "gay". This will prevent us from looking like newbs when we get killed for starting to chat in the middle of a fight.

I hope this gives all you modders out there some ideas for useful mods that the JA community at large wants. They only resistance you will receive is from gay lamers who have no honour. Please ignore these fags.

Happy RPGing!!1!1 :)

A duel of the fates SP map...

More models,clothing and sabers obviously..

I know everyone hates emotes but I found some in Forcemod to be quite nfty in combat, saber twirls, punches and some weird kinda saber moves... they'd be neat

Forcemod II would be fun with the "official" classes, saber types and hilt selection. Just need to add things like the flamethrower, dual pistols and grappling hook... I know people will moan about it because it's a jedimod based mod.. but seriously.. try it on a non-rpg server.. with the classes and their restrictions turned on.. the AOTCTC server is a good one...

Originally posted by Prime

What JA really needs are mods that allow us to RPG correctly on FFA servers. Then we can teach honour and respect to all players and provide a fun environment to play the game as it should be played. I have taken the time to come up with some mod ideas to greatly improve the gameplay of JA:

1. Add as many emotes and animations as possible. This includes sitting, waving, sipping tea, the adding/removing of pants, the grabbing of genitals, and various forms of making out and kissing.

2. Certain phrases containing the words "gay" and "lame" and "saber down == peace" and "honour" should be selectable by the mousewheel.

3. The ability to empower the admin so that he can honourably teach others about respect and honour through humilating the offending player. This garruntees that everyone on the server has fun, and the admin can bask in the glow of his l33t ski11z.

4. We need plenty of maps that contain many rooms for us to roleplay in. These rooms should be of various styles, to allow us to have shops, pubs, houses (for the "sipping tea" emote mentioned above), strip clubs (great for using the adding/removing of pants emote), skating rinks, and government offices (for the player acting as mayor).

5. Mods that disable the use of the lightsaber, guns, explosives, and force powers for all players. With these inconveniences out of the way, players will be free to act out their parts as bus drivers and encyclopedia salesman. This will also help enforce the saber down = peace policy that will be enforced on all servers.

6. As many skins as possible that represent the various clans in JA. These skins should be exactly the same as default skins (preferably the Reborn model), but with a big clan symbol on the front and back.

7. Scripts that and server side mods that enforce bowing before a duel, if in fact a mistake has been made and lightsabers are enabled on the server (see above). The bows should last for three minutes so players can be sure that their opponant is showing respect and has honour. These mods should not allow the wiggling of the ass and the playing of the Lando taunt, because this shows that those gay lame bastards do not have honour. I think you will agree that allowing this and adding the pants emote would lead to certain disaster.

8. Mods that hide cheats and cvars that control lightsaber damage should be developed so that we don't look so stupid when we complain about nerfed sabers.

9. There should be mods that force players to only duel on FFA servers, and force others to employ the sitting (or kissing and pants removal) emotes while waiting for their turn to do honourable battle. This will prevent lame FFAs that lack honour.

10. A mod that creates a forcefield around the player when they are chatting would prevent us from getting lamed when we are trying to call someone "gay". This will prevent us from looking like newbs when we get killed for starting to chat in the middle of a fight.

I hope this gives all you modders out there some ideas for useful mods that the JA community at large wants. They only resistance you will receive is from gay lamers who have no honour. Please ignore these fags.

Happy RPGing!!1!1 :)

I AGREE JEDI FRIEND BUT I DO NOT LIKE PART ABOUT GRABBING OF GENITALS.

ARE YOU SITH TRYING TO TRICK US?

Originally posted by Prime

Happy RPGing!!1!1

Your jokeing right?

This is a joke your picking fun of thouse types of servers right?

I meen i like RPG well action+RPG.

What you should be playing is Glaxies.

well i cant blame you i would'nt want to pay $12 a month to go into a cantina and push the my character dances button:confused: :roleyess:

well i guess if you keep it on your server.

On my server people are wellcome to frag kill mame destroy and lame to there little black hearts content on my server.

only things i have had to kick people off my server for was changeing of teams and killing ones self to make other team lose thats just dishonerable.

and some guy kept complaining that he was geting lamed and wanted me to do something about it so i did i kicked the guy complaineing he was geting. lamed;)

And another thing is this forum on a 14.4 modem????!!!!!:eek: :eek:

I have a 3486k connection and i had to try several times to get the page.

guess its just geting swamped by people waiting for Academy to come out.

I would love to see a action RPG MOD where you level up gain more life, items ,force powers and such a co-op mode player vs player a RPG world that is a action RPG with some shoping from towns cantinas and such(buying more ammo sheilds and such with credits) but not going in to far in the espect of i push the make my character dance button like Galaxies :explode:

Galaxies is a joke I meen i feel for the people who are actauly trying to play and exchange blaster fire and explore and shoot stuff and upgrade from leather to bone weave armor or such

and whats with this whole only 100 Jedi to a server???

i think you should earn it but make it where everyone can but make it something you have to do thats hard.

hell there isnt even player vs player items you make are better than you find.

Its pointless its a StarWars Galaxies glorified chat room.

I hate when i join these games online in Jedi Outcast where all you do is nothing but try not to piss off a admin that abuses his GODlike power :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And the Admins break all there own rules and punish you when you do something not even as bad as what they just did

oh yea they can lame me sleep me kick me from the game but heaven frobid i saber someone thats down after i won a fricken saber lock!

The bows should last for three minutes so players can be sure that their opponent is showing respect and has honour.

ROFL!! Yeah - once they start getting suspicious about that you're screwed. :D

Nice post Prime. You obviously have Hon0urz. May the force be with you. :)

Originally posted by Happypills

Your jokeing right?

This is a joke your picking fun of thouse types of servers right?

Is this community that far gone that these ideas would make complete sense to people? :(

Originally posted by [LAMER HUNTER]

I DO NOT LIKE PART ABOUT GRABBING OF GENITALS.

Well, you'll have to do something after you use the dropping pants emote.

Originally posted by Luc Solar

You obviously have Hon0urz. May the force be with you.

May the Force be with you too. You have shown honour to me, so I will not wiggle my Lando ass at you, and thou shalt not hear "woohoo!!". :D

Archived