Home

Mods! What do you want to see?

Luc Solar

Hey now you got me all wrong!

I have Honor someone bows i'll bow out of respect but i dont go bowing evreywhere on FFA servers!! lol

I'll refram from lameing in thouse type of games cause it is dishonorable .

Like realy to brag about a kill on someone chating or not ready takes no skill whatsoever .

but i'll be danmed if i join your game where theres no wapons no sabers and everyones standing around chating and kissing each other.(i would play Vampire the masscraide for that LOL)

But to be kicked ,banned,sleeped or whatever GODlike powers a Abuseing Admin will have just for sabering someone while down just after wining a saber lock?!! I button mashed my brains out to get kicked from the server or sleeped or renamed to wussy lamer

i earned that danm kill!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-I agree with much of what's been said here.

-I am all for Admins who enjoy punishing people as much as playing in the server. I am all for teaching people that running around the map backwards while using light stance and holding down the primary attack button, HOPING for an backstab, is wrong. I am sick of yelling at my screen when some jerk decides to ruin the server by employing all the cheap tricks to up his numbers.

-I am not for bad grammer of speaking all in caps. Isn't the lightsaber an elligent (gotta be spelled wrong...I apologize) weapon of a bygone era? So shouldn't the games and forums, fans and activities that revolve around SW be a bit more than your average FPS? I think so. That's why we're so cool, after all.

-I am not for the RPG-ing the snot out of our series. If you want RPG, then play Galaxies. JA and it's ancestors were games of FP Jedi Combat. Seriously!

-Last but not least...In fact, here is my MOST IMPORTANT desire: I want ballance! In every aspect of the game and its mods, I want the teams and players to be balanced that on any given Sunday, any given player can frag any given other player, with regard only to skill with your weapon. I want cheaters to be banned as well.

-Let's bring back the Ladder!

-Best of luck...

I have high hopes for the game so I don't think any Star Wars mods will be necessary. Is it possible for vehicle models to be included with a map so an entire mod wouldn't need to be installed if you wanted an AT-AT on hoth?

Maybe another forcemod or promod. Although it seems as though dual guns, and jetpacks are in. Also if MP sabers are like SP ones in terms of blocking, damage ect. the base game may be very good.

A "modernl" mod would be cool. Replace jedi with leather clad characters that look like extras from Blade or The Matrix. Make sword and staff models and sounds along with new guns and a few maps. Vehicles could be cars, motorcycles, tanks and the like. You wouldn't even have to add animations unless you got technical and put reload anims in. A cool hybrid of Matrix/Blade/

Underworld would be a simple and fun mod.

There was one for Jedi Knight. One track, 8 riders, unlimited fun.

So therefore......Swoop 2 is a MUST. There is already one bike in the game. Add a speeder bike, then 6 new swoop models and you have the core of the game.

Tatooine was the only map in the JK mod, so redo Tatooine, adding in more obstacles such as rocks (maybe even a wrecked sandcrawler), and maybe a small part of a town or moisture farm (Engine may struggle to handle it though).

Hoth, basically just a track outline in the snow. Perhaps with a trip through an Ice Cave or the wreckage of the Falcon's Echo Base hangar.

Other mod ideas

1. Kick function for all saber stances.

2. More weapons added to multiplayer. I saw some guys were doing it for Outcast but I believe there is support for more weapons this time. New blasters (Leia, Padmé) and blaster rifles (droid rifle). Gungan energy balls, variations on grenades, gaffi stick, force pike.

3. Dual blasters like in ForceMod 2.0

4. Force Throw from JK would be welcome if it's possible to have debris in maps.

Siege Maps, and plenty of them. I purchased Jedi Outcast, and while I am a fan of the game, I was never one to really like the Jedi type characters. Being a self respecting fan of Boba Fett, I'm very much looking forward to the Siege Mode in this game. Playing a non-Jedi character against Jedi seems like great fun to me.

That being said, some of the maps I hope to see would be:

• Episode II arena: Jedi vs. Battle Droids; staggered numbers.
  • Hoth, as seen in Empire: Rebels vs. Imperials.
  • Jabba's Skiff Battle: self explanitory.
  • Battle of Endor: Rebels and Ewoks vs. Imperials.

That's just a few I can think of at the moment. Of course, any original ideas would be great as well, and the more Jedi vs. non-Jedi battle opportunities there are, the happier I'll be.:)

Like many of the others, I'd like to se more clothing, more hilts (some classics to like Qui-gons, Obi-wans and so on)

and some sp campaigns (wouldn't mind the classic trilogy or episode I) if it's possible.

That's it for now, not being a modder myself I'm putting my faith in the ones who are ;)

Hm. I don't personally think that skins make a mod. They make skinpacks. And mods should affect gameplay, which brings me to my next point...

I don't want to see any LITTLE mods in JA. No UNAMBITIOUS mods in JA. No mods that add a smattering of new moves, no ever-so-slightly-changed force power mods. No one-new-gun mods,.. you get the idea.

Mods should make LARGE changes. Not small ones. Small changes meant that the JO community was separated into tiny camps of people claiming that the mod they favoured was the TRUE way to play JO. That was rubbish.

Mods like the huge, stupid crop of tiny, "modmaker woz ere" mods that infected the JO community, should be BANNED. And personally, being a hardliner, I'd like to see major sites and forum networks like this one actively discourage such mods, refuse to carry mods that don't make large changes, and otherwise assist the JA community in its quest for unity.

The fundamental thing I'd like to see is more mod authors working together to develop some quality maps and scenarios. It seems to me some modders simply replicate what others are doing, or trying to do. There's nothing wrong with people doing their own thing...but I just think some modders could get together more to work on particular models, etc.

I see emotes, weapon tweaking and all the rest of that stuff to be mostly a waste of time, and I don't d/l any of those.

Some really quality maps for both SP and MP would be very much appreciated. I think it would be great if some extra 'missions' could be inserted into the SP game, somehow. But separate playable missions would be just as fun.

I agree with Kurgan too, about seeing some more models, like new vehicles, and other stuff from the movies, being made.

Some good Siege maps with interesting scenarios...and some movie-battle re-enactments for Siege would also be good. This is where I can see models from separate authors could be used effectively.

I just feel the community could be more cohesive, and pull together more to produce high quality work worth waiting for.

And I'd definitely like to see the DF and DF2E mods completed...

And a fantasy-themed mod would go down well with me. I have a lot of ideas along these lines...including a more steam-punk techno-gothic one...

I'd love to see my ideas brought to fruition...and now I've started looking at skinning, maybe something will come of it...

Originally posted by Spider AL

Hm. I don't personally think that skins make a mod. They make skinpacks. And mods should affect gameplay, which brings me to my next point...

I don't want to see any LITTLE mods in JA. No UNAMBITIOUS mods in JA. No mods that add a smattering of new moves, no ever-so-slightly-changed force power mods. No one-new-gun mods,.. you get the idea.

Mods should make LARGE changes. Not small ones. Small changes meant that the JO community was separated into tiny camps of people claiming that the mod they favoured was the TRUE way to play JO. That was rubbish.

Mods like the huge, stupid crop of tiny, "modmaker woz ere" mods that infected the JO community, should be BANNED. And personally, being a hardliner, I'd like to see major sites and forum networks like this one actively discourage such mods, refuse to carry mods that don't make large changes, and otherwise assist the JA community in its quest for unity.

Yay, now let me remove that staple for you.

The less mods, the more people playing the same game, the longer the game lasts.

Wait til you see what you don't like, try and make it better. Don't get overly creative, your dream game is nothing like anyone elses dream game.

This should be the First Law of Mod, as spoken by the philosopher-warrior, Zen Knight.

Originally posted by Zen Knight:

The less mods, the more people playing the same game, the longer the game lasts.

Once again, someone manages to encapsulate what it takes me three minutes to type, into a single line. Well said.

DeTRiTiC-iQ eh, I remember you. Surely in your time at massassi you learned better than to quote an entire 16 line post (in full sized bold type) to preface a response that measures all of nine words. Shame on you.

And hello to you too btw. :rolleyes:

A more advanced saber system. On the fly switching between *all* saber styles. Staff can split and go to dual, have one blade turned off and be in any of the 3 single styles with all moves for that style not the current form where you just have the basic moves when you turn off one blade. Of course kick in all stances. Add throwing to saberstaff. When you throw in double saber you switch to the last used single stance and remain in that until your saber returns (None that stupid standing there with your hand out crap). And the addition of a saber/weapon stance like Luke in Dark Empire 2 whey you can have blasters or explosives or other smaller weapons, (concusion rifle/saber would just be unfair). Throwing your saber at someone and then shooting them or throwing a detonator at them would be evil. :evil6:

What about some stealth moves. JO had that one level where you where supposed to be stealth, but it didn't have any moves to really work with. Add a sneak stance and the ablity to come up behind people and force choat, slit there throat or saber/pistol whip them.

Oh and a more interactive (destructible) enviroment. Sabers should do more than just leave scars on stuff.

Just alittle wish list.

Siege Maps, and plenty of them. I purchased Jedi Outcast, and while I am a fan of the game, I was never one to really like the Jedi type characters. Being a self respecting fan of Boba Fett, I'm very much looking forward to the Siege Mode in this game. Playing a non-Jedi character against Jedi seems like great fun to me.

You seek Manowars - You may not know it but you do! As do I!!

:D

Manowars2 for old JK

Manowars3 for MOTS

I want a mod that allows players to sit while awaiting honorable duel with their worthy opponent. Oh and invunerability while your saber is off is a MUST HAVE!

Yes, of course I'm kidding.

From what I have heard of siege mode, it should be fun. If it falls a little flat, I think it should be the first thing worked on by the mod community. Oh and definately more Ghoul2 skins. What we have in the demo is it for the final, I think, and that isn't a whole lot.

hmm maybe a theme based siege map like for example(lol): mario trying to save princess peach and bowser trys to stop him

where mario=good team trying to get to a target and bowser= evil team trying to prevent the other team from getting to the target

and lots of other theme based siege maps

ooo and 1 last thing make lvls have lots of really neat secret spots and passages and special things like go up to a panel and press a button so it does something like in the WoV mansion map on JO where theres an office and a carpet with a desk, and behind the desk was a check button and x button, when some 1 stands on the carpet you press the check button and the glass walls appear around you and trap you inside, then you press the x button and the carpet slides over revealing a hole that when you fall in kills you. I swear that map was the coolest map i ever played.

I'm not sure I like the idea of genital grabbing because it will inevitably lead to some form of cyber-sex, which will inevitably lead to heart-break when that sweet Twilek ass turns out to be a 40 year old man in disguise.

Ladies and gentleman, if you want to grab genitals, do it in real life, preferably with consent of a legally aged person.

What I'd like to see is a little more flexibilty to the new saber styles. The saberstaff and dual sabers look very flashy, which is nice and everything, but I'm not conviced on their practicality yet. To be completely honest, I'd almost like to see a mod that treats saberfighting as… well sword fighting. Where there are no secret techniques and flashy moves, where one slash could kill you. I think that battles would be a lot more interesting that way because basically they would be won before they are fought.

I'd also like to see the opposite extreme where there are crazy acrobatics. I don't enjoy the new moves so much as the new acrobatics, the long jump is just too fun for words. Maybe being able to run on walls mid-air would be fun, I'd also like to have more control of the straight up wall run.

Otherwise, the game has yet to be tested in multi, so I don't really know.

TRADITIONAL JEDI CLOTHING OF THE OLD REPUBLIC LOTS AND LOTS OF HILTS ORIGINAL AND MOVIES AND BOOKS,A HUMAN MALE WITH LONG HAIR AND SOME NEW GUNS LIKE JANGOS PISTOLS MAKE GUNS IN GAME STRONGER SOME DROIDS REGULAR DESTROYER AND THE NEW ONES FROM AOTC. SINGLE PLAYER MAPS MODS AND ANYTHING COOL OH YEAH YODA DUDE WE NEED YODA.

[Edit - Stormy - will you please STOP SHOUTING your replies. You can use bold or italics for emphasis. So please don't type everything in caps - it's hard to read. Oh...and you might want to use some punctuation with that. :cool: ]

A mod where you gain experience through missions, and buy the all saber moves, permitting you to do like the cultists already do : some single stance katas while wielding dual sabers, or some kicks with 2 sabers... so more personalization of your fighting style.

ebelleudy

Archived