Luc Solar

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hunting mod.

this mod would consist of 2 part.

1) the selection of the hunted/hunter?

2)the hunt.

1) all player get engaged in a huge FFA,the last one alive will be the hunter/hunted.

2) everybody respawns BUT the winner of last round is transformed in a custom character (jawa,chewie,rodian,...) but unarmed.

at the same moment the level gets crowded with NPC's.

then its up to the selected palyer (from last round) to try to survive/kill everybody.

the selected player and the NPC's do not carry guns/sabers.

only the selected player has 1 force power to attack : lightning.

this lightning is EXTREMELY powerfull (close range though) and will kill players in 1 blast.

the bad part about this is that his force will drop to 0 and regen very slowly.(this prevents mass-murderlightingstrike-attack :D )

also he has regenerate health and speed ( to escape if caught)

than we have the hunting team.

they have to work very carefull though.its not like they can kill every npc in the game to single the selected palyer out.

no,IF they kill an NPC they will die instantly.

their objective is to find out who the selected player is by observing the behaviour of the "people" in the level.

if a member of the hunting team gets seperated,a sigle attack can kill him..so stay together is important .

LET THE HUNTING BEGIN :fett:

:D

Originally posted by Spider AL

Once again, someone manages to encapsulate what it takes me three minutes to type, into a single line. Well said.

DeTRiTiC-iQ eh, I remember you. Surely in your time at massassi you learned better than to quote an entire 16 line post (in full sized bold type) to preface a response that measures all of nine words. Shame on you.

And hello to you too btw. :rolleyes:

Well I did agree with everything you said :p

Originally posted by MrDomin0

I think that battles would be a lot more interesting that way because basically they would be won before they are fought.

Uh, wouldn't that suck?

Originally posted by Samus

Classic Trilogy TC!!!!! ...but it was cancelled.

Like just about every other total conversion out there. Hell, real games come out faster than the TCs for them...

dunno if said before,but when fighting with your fist,you should be able to perform kicks as well.....just a little kung-fu mod :)

must be possbile and might be fun.

kicking weapons out of other players' hands should be in it as well....

Swoops and Speeder bikes are great, but I want Speeders; air and land.

Crew served weapons like the E-WEB wouldn't be bad.

I'd like to be able to throw a double bladed saber with both blades lit like in JO MP.

The Rebel Blaster Rifle!

That grappling magnet Luke used on Hoth to screw up that AT-AT.

Yoda in a backpack.

Yoda.

I want to fly stuff!! X-Wings, Z-95s, Snow Speeders, Hot Rodded POSes (like in Clones), etc...

Fett's Rocket Pack.

Saber in one hand, blaster in the other. Block and shoot.

Force Destuction.

Imp Scout baster pistol.

Dual blasters.

Textures for the astromechs, so they don't ALL look like two droids from the movies

Originally posted by legameboy

But my choice would be like a Medieval TC mod, replacing guns with different bows and arrows, swords with maces axes and spears. Vehicles like horses and such, heck throw in some fantasy and add a wizard class (using modded force powers). Then the vehicles would be like griffins, dragons, horses, giant dogs, boy that'd be awesome if my dream mod came true. :cool:

Lol read me POSt!!!!

Originally posted by A_Bug

dunno if said before,but when fighting with your fist,you should be able to perform kicks as well.....just a little kung-fu mod :)

must be possbile and might be fun.

You can already. You can also to moves like kneeing them in the face and punching them in the gut. You can also direct your kicks in various directions...

Originally posted by Avitor

I want to fly stuff!! X-Wings, Z-95s, Snow Speeders, Hot Rodded POSes (like in Clones), etc...

This is a bit much, isn't it? I mean, it is a FPS after all. We don't want to turn it into a flight sim.

Some of your other ideas would be much more feasible though... :)

I have a suggestion that I have been wanting to get accomplished in a game since forever and I think that with jedi academy's use of vehicles it can be done.

I'm dead serious about this mod so if any modders want to give a crack at I'm all for it. here we go:

I know its not in line with the whole star wars universe but I have always wanted a character in a game that could use a wheelchair. I've been in a chair myself for the last 10 years now and i've hit that stage where the chair is just as much a part of me as anything else on my body. I think with a little modification any of those vehicles in JA could look like a wheelchair. I've already given up on the idea of actually seeing the character push the chair so an electric wheelchair...or hey even one of those rascal things is the way to go.

If i'm not mistaken I've seen some shots of jaden on a taunton and it almost looked like he was in a semi seated position...i could be wrong its been a while since i've seen the pic but I think its worth a shot.

I'm terribly illiterate when it comes to modding any game. I can apply them and all that but making them boggles me. Any professionals out there want to comment....or even take a crack at it for that matter?

Originally posted by Wheelchairboy

I have a suggestion that I have been wanting to get accomplished in a game since forever and I think that with jedi academy's use of vehicles it can be done.

I'm dead serious about this mod so if any modders want to give a crack at I'm all for it. here we go:

I know its not in line with the whole star wars universe but I have always wanted a character in a game that could use a wheelchair. I've been in a chair myself for the last 10 years now and i've hit that stage where the chair is just as much a part of me as anything else on my body. I think with a little modification any of those vehicles in JA could look like a wheelchair. I've already given up on the idea of actually seeing the character push the chair so an electric wheelchair...or hey even one of those rascal things is the way to go.

If i'm not mistaken I've seen some shots of jaden on a taunton and it almost looked like he was in a semi seated position...i could be wrong its been a while since i've seen the pic but I think its worth a shot.

I'm terribly illiterate when it comes to modding any game. I can apply them and all that but making them boggles me. Any professionals out there want to comment....or even take a crack at it for that matter?

Wow. This is a really interesting idea. Actually, this sort of thing would be very feasible, even without JA vehicles. All you really need to do is make a model of the character in his wheelchair, and then just use that to replace the player model. The only difference is that it wouldn't use the walking animation. Then you could alter the characters (in npcs.cfg or something) so that they could move faster and spin around quicker. Ultimately, you'd just need to alter the required animations to take advantage of the fact that the character is in a wheelchair. Even that wouldn't be that hard, because all your really replacing is the leg movement with some arm movement (if it isn't motorized, or rocket-powered :D ). Turning the lower part when strafing, and so on, is the same as with walking. And if you wanted to "jump", you could just have little rockets going off, or something like that.

Another neat thing would be using JA's custom character system. Perhaps instead of just selecting legs, one of the options would be a wheelchair. You could even have a bunch of different styles, or ones with different looks. In the weapon selection screen, and depending on the type of game, you could select different weapons or gadgets.

Alas, I am not a modeler, but I think something like this wouldn't be too hard to do...

lol I like the idea of the rocket power :)

but you are correct...the class thing would be kind of cool. To keep it life-like it would be neat if you could choose to be in a chair but that limited you to only one saber or the saber staff...the character would use the other arm to control the chair. and the speed thing is a good idea also....the character should automatically go into force speed 3 when going down a ramp :)

And i'm sorry but running over people should do as much damage as kick does with everyone else :D

Getting ready for the Jedi Academy Launch:

Introducing JEDI_ACADEMY_ModelsAndAnimation.zip

This archive contains files that may benefit you in creating your own custom models and skins for Star Wars:Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy.

contents:

A models and skinning guide from JK2 with a new introduction for JA.

Unpainted skins for many of the models.

Modview.exe to view models.

Skeleton information for the main humanoids and other creatures and ships. (this is really only useful to the l33t modelers who have figured out our crazy gla files. :) but it should help by declaring the bone names and hierarchy.)

http://www.3ddownloads.com/ravensoft/JediAcademy/Tools/JEDI_ACADEMY_ModelsAndAnimation.zip

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/jediacademy/

enjoy.

Originally posted by Wheelchairboy

And i'm sorry but running over people should do as much damage as kick does with everyone else :D

If you are using the rocket-powered wheelchair it will, of course, do more damage because you will have broken the sound barrier by that point...

Well, here are just a few features i'd like to see in future/upcoming mods for JA (and this isn't even including my grand list of wanted maps and models :p):

-Addition Nuetral Force Power: Force Levitation-- Basically a power using the same effects as grip, except without causing damage (and perhaps one of those whiteish blue force clouds could be aurred around the target?). Certain objects in maps could be lifted and moved around with the force, along with other players and npcs as well :)

-This would be quite simple, but--switching to the lightsaber would not bring it up as activated, but unignited. (Might help if you're in some saber-down-peace game).

-Last Man Standing Gametype-

Each player has one life per round, and the last team/player remaining is the winner.

-We've got vehicles and mounts, so how about a racing gametype?

-Bringing the character classes of Siege Mode into FFA. No more force+gun users against force+saber users.

-Easy-to-use Npc Command System- I've heard a few whispers about some ancient Quake3 feature which let players set out commands to npcs and bots. Maybe we could see ffa tag-team games, player + npc against players + their npcs.

I'll post more as they come to mind.

Originally posted by GhostLeader013

-I agree with much of what's been said here.

-I am all for Admins who enjoy punishing people as much as playing in the server. I am all for teaching people that running around the map backwards while using light stance and holding down the primary attack button, HOPING for an backstab, is wrong. I am sick of yelling at my screen when some jerk decides to ruin the server by employing all the cheap tricks to up his numbers.

-I am not for bad grammer of speaking all in caps. Isn't the lightsaber an elligent (gotta be spelled wrong...I apologize) weapon of a bygone era? So shouldn't the games and forums, fans and activities that revolve around SW be a bit more than your average FPS? I think so. That's why we're so cool, after all.

-I am not for the RPG-ing the snot out of our series. If you want RPG, then play Galaxies. JA and it's ancestors were games of FP Jedi Combat. Seriously!

-Last but not least...In fact, here is my MOST IMPORTANT desire: I want ballance! In every aspect of the game and its mods, I want the teams and players to be balanced that on any given Sunday, any given player can frag any given other player, with regard only to skill with your weapon. I want cheaters to be banned as well.

-Let's bring back the Ladder!

-Best of luck...

-you have no honour when you humiliate someone who is playing.

-if you are yelling at the screen because of someone who runs around and cannot even see where they are going, then you should look into a shrink or mental hospital, as obviously this game is your life.

-its a FPS. you find what works, you exploit it for all its worth, then you move on.

Archived