Home

Best/Worst Movie Endings?

Boba Rhett

You know the drill. List some movie endings you love and others that you would like to stab to death with a blunt spoon.

Some of the best that pop to into my mind are

The Sixth Sense

ESB

Equilibrium

Carrie

What Lies Beneath

Field of Dreams

T3

Army of Darkness

Planet of the Apes

As for some of the worst endings,

A.I. This movie was bad enough but the ending was even worse... :o

Waterworld YaY! They made it to a small island... yay...

Freddy Vs. Jason

ESB :D ("Han! NoOoOoOoOOOooooo!")

Planet of the Apes (The Remake)

Alternate ending to Clerks

Worst: Gangs of New York

Independence Day

Alien Ressurection (sp?)

Conan the Barbarian

Matrix Reloaded

Hulk

Total Recall

Bad Boys

Life of Brian

Jackie Chan's Thunderbolt (That is possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen too)

Best: Pulp Fiction

Saving Private Ryan

Braveheart

T2

The Rock

Return of the Jedi (Yay!)

Raiders of the Lost Ark

You only live Twice

Best :

Carrie - everyone should agree!

ESB - it was actually pretty cool

Robin Hood : Prince of Thieves - Nothing really special, but it was cool to see Sean at the end

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - hehehe

Worst :

RotJ - When I saw it for the first time, I was disappointed. I mean, the Emperor is dead and we see some ewoks dance around with the rebels. The special edition was better; it was nice to see Coruscant (and that big statue fall)...

Minority Report - I liked the movie overall, but the end was somewhat... traditional...

Catch Me If You Can - I didn't want C. Walken to die :crybaby:

Best Ending: Unforgiven. Yes it's a western, and no it doesn't end in a classic duel between the good guy and the bad guy. Because frankly, you don't know who's the good guy anymore. See it. Watch it. Over and over again. I know I did, and it sent chills down my spine every single time.

Worst: I haven't seen a lot of bad movies, but one really stands out from my memories of my childhood: Carnosaur.

It came out not too long after Jurassic Park, obviously to cash on the success of the latter. The movie was a total wreck. From what I can remember, you got this couple of goody-goody guys fighting some kind of chicken-bred dinosaurs... and during the whole movie, you get this countdown to "hour H". And when the movie ends, the countdown is over. Apparently, "hour H" involves some guys in a white outfit bursting onto the scene with flamethrowers and burning off the heroes.

The end.

Movies, which had, for me, the most satisfying endings:

Braveheart

Return of the Jedi (revolutionary, completely unexpected what happens here, atleast for me, as a youngster)

Forrest Gump

Lord of the Rings: TTT :p

Shawshank Redemption (had to add this one there) :p

Planet of the Apes

I only recently discovered that there are nearly 5 or 6 of these movies...the one whose ending I liked is the one where he ends up finding the top of the Statue of Liberty in the sand...scary...:eek:

Worst endings, endings that made me feel empty inside, endings that made me feel I wish I hadn't seen the movie:

The Matrix: Reloaded (IMHO, that's no way to end a movie, even if a "sequel" is planned)

T3 (a most unsatisfying ending - now there's going to be a T4 :rolleyes: or atleast there should be)

That's about all I can think of...

Yeah but while u say that The Matrix Reloaded had a good ending, u have to keep in mind 2 things:

1) The fact that story-wise there wasn't even an ending. :rolleyes:

2) The incomplete feeling u get becuase of ... (see 1)

3) The fact that some old man was talking for ages and makes the plot more confusing than it already is.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

When you guys talk about Carrie, you mean the movie with Sissy Spacek right?

If so...

HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK?! WTF?!

There is a book?

Originally posted by Rogue15

Enemy at the Gates (VERY GRATIFYING ENDING!!!!!)

I agree... It was fun to see the guy's friend (the one in charge of the journal, I think. It's been a while since I saw it) getting shot in the head.

Harris' death is pretty nice also.

Some of the best :

Back to the future trilogy

return of the jedi

terminator 2

forrest gump

claash of the titans

indiana jones trilogy

some of the worst endings:

Matrix reloaded

A.I.

jurrasic park 3

the mummy returns

Goldmember

ps. the matrix can't be fixed anymore no mather if neo has the force! Or how good part 3 will be....

Originally posted by Darth54

1.There is a book?

2.I agree... It was fun to see the guy's friend (the one in charge of the journal, I think. It's been a while since I saw it) getting shot in the head.

Harris' death is pretty nice also.

1. Yes there is and I saw the movie after reading the book and the movie just sucked and blowed compared to the book.

2. argh spoiler tags plz some of us haven't seen the movie yet!

Best & Worst Anime Movie Endings:

Best: Princess Mononoke - Great movie all around, w/ an ending that is not quite what you'd expect, but fitting.

Worst: Fist of the Northstar - purposeless violence throught the entire thing & ends w/ goodguy getting beaten to bloody pulp, girl runs up & asks badguy to stop, badguy agrees and walks off. WTF?!?!?

Archived