Home

Graphical Problems and a question (for a tech wiz)

Dr. Hawkeye

I'm running an Athlon 2200, 512 DDR RAM, 128MB GeForce 4200 Ti, DX9, and the brand new nVidia driver. Here's the problem. Whenever I have dynamic glow and dynamic lights on, the game looks great. It has a nice fuzzy overall appearance (I think because I have Quincunx AA on) and the dynamic saber lights on the ground look normal. Of course the FPS sucks whenever I run it like this, but it's still mildly playable. However, when I turn dynamic glow off but leave dynamic lights on, the light from my sabers (the light circles on the ground) flicker and look bad whenever I move around -- but ONLY ON CHANDRILA. :confused: :confused: :confused: Is it because of the dark surfaces? I have NO idea what to do. Any solutions?

Oh and here's another question. With my rig, how much should I expect my FPS to improve if I add another 256 or 512 DDR RAM to the mix? I think its either PC2100 or PC2700.

Have you tried it without Quincunx? That might be causing the flickering. Just a guess.

As for the ram question, do you see your harddrive thrashing and slowing your game down? If so, more ram will help. If not, then no. More ram only helps if the prorgram will actually use it. Personally, I have 512MB and I never see the hard drive thrashing during game play.

Archived