Home

Breaking the staff?

Krause

I don't know if theres still anyone who ohasn't played the demo but just to be sure I put the spoiler thingy in (and I wanted to use it :p)

Ok, I just had the weirdest thing happen to me. I was playing the demo (again :D) In the second level what your character is wondering how to get over that enormous gap there are three enemies on the other side.

One force user, a single blade weilder and a staff weilder.

After shooting the rocketguy who was a little lower on the left of them the force user and the single blade weilder decided to take their chance with the abyss rather then fighting me.

I take the jump and start fighting the staff guy. After a good time of fighting I suddenly realize he no longer has a staff but instead has two blades :confused: and I'm kinda wondering if it's just the lack of sleep or that anyone else also has seen this.

Well, there is an attribute in the sab files that would lead one to believe that this is possible; I haven't seen it happen personally though.

Quote from sab file

brokenSaber1

//none - if saber is actually hit by another saber, it can be cut in half/broken and will be replaced with this saber in your right hand

brokenSaber2

//none - if saber is actually hit by another saber, it can be cut in half/broken and will be replaced with this saber in your left hand

Since I can't mod the demo, I can't really experiment with it... =/

its true. it can be done. ive forced this to happen no less then 3 times. it just takes a little patience.

the quickest method for proving it to yourself *imo* is to go into a level with the staff. get to a quiet area (put on god so you arent interupted) spawn a staff reborn and deactivate half of your staff (im not sure if this is the exact same as one of the single saber styles or not, but this is how i did it) if you're playing it in padawan then the staff reborn wont move around much... or really do anything, but his lightsaber DOES have to be ignited. just run at him and do the single vertical chop a few times. soon he will be dual weilding.

i hope that in the full version they include a sound for sabers breaking... or maybe in other ppls demo's. but for me there was no sound involved at all. it just switched from staff to dual.

I know, I know, I want it all, and maybe this should be a new thread...But... I want to know the cheat code to be able to have a staff, and then pull it apart for dual sabers.

Anyone know if this is possible? I know they did this or something similar at E3.

And GonkH8er, the really wierd thing is that his handles changed too!

yeah the same thing happened with me while fighting the last boss in the cavern level, i broke his staff in two after winning a saberlock.

and as for the video from E3. The developers said that they just had that in the video to show the different saber styles and stances all at one time. But hey maybe there will be a cheat for it, maybe there is one in the demo, you just have to look through the console to find it.

Archived