Home

Wake up, demo IS final

Ocean

No offense but ive been reading all these threads and see many people complaining about things, and saying they will wait to see in full, while others come and say it will be fixed in final.

Hate to break it to you, but this comes out in 9 days, demo was just to help people see if they wanna buy, what you played is what u get

I agree but what some people are talking about is how there will be more character clothing and stuff which I strongly believe there will, I'm even hoping for more hilts. :) can't hurt to hope a little bit but I am not getting my hopes up, this could indeed be all.

the game comes out in 9 days that doesnt mean they finish it by then, that means they finished it two weeks ago and are now packaging boxes, printing manuals, organising shipments, etc etc.

the demo would have been created (as far as i know) from the finished product, which means if there's more in the final product, then they removed things from the demo.

Well I think a lot of people are speculating about Multiplayer, based on Single Player, which is what they are talking about.

We haven't seen MP, and so we can't really know what it's like until the full game comes out.

It may be exactly the same, or as different as JK2's SP & MP were (even though Raven has said they will be closer this time around).

That and the entire dynamic of the story will be different in SP than from the demo. So in a sense, they are right there too.

If you mean that there are bugs in the demo that will also be in the full version, you may be right, of course that is what patches are for. ; )

I agree, if you absolutely hated the demo and don't want this game to be anything like JK2, then chances are you shouldn't buy it.

Buuut, since the big reason I'm interested in JA is the "Siege" mode, there really isn't much the demo can do to prepare me. For now, it just looks like a nicely polished addition to JK2's foundation with some new moves and neat tweaks.

Originally posted by Ocean

Yeah ther can always be updates etc, and maybe more clothes, but actually on the site, if u look at the char creation and LS videos, it has the same options there as the demo, so maybe they took it from demo, or thats it :-\

Actually you're a bit wrong there, in the character creation video all three male Jedi heads are white, in the demo, one's black ^.^ I think the poor selection of both is simply for demonstration purposes, doubt they want to spoil it all to you. That and I've seen more heads in previews and magazines and such. And even at that, if there's very few heads available, which I doubt, but anyway , if there's a pathetic selection, you can be sure for modders to fix it in no time.

Ive seen it done where they planned the demo for months ahead of time , where they give a level or 2 thats a build or two old , so even though i dont know and cant say if it is or if its terrible likely, it could be from a build or so before gold . It coming out just 12 days from the release doesnt mean totally thats its final if they hade planned it from before , i dunno guess we gonna see soon. I assume myself that at least 95 % of whats in there is final but i love the demo so thats fine by me. Just wouldnt doubt seening a couple minor changes, also they can use final build in a limited way so as to not spoil stuff and hold it back for final release. I think saying that everything in the demo IS final is rather unfounded at this point , just wait a week:band:

I just hope this problem with Dynamic Glow is fixed in the full release. The problem is...IT DOESNT WORK! I have turned it on and id did NOTHING! It just wont work! I know that it is suposed to make the saberglows more...Glowy and make light shaders glow and all that good stuff but it just doesnt do it in my copy of JA Demo. Outside of that, it is the only bug I myself have experienced unless you count not being able to continue to another level if all the porce powers are set to 3. (it wont let you get past the force selection screen unless you pick a power and if its all maxed out you cant do that!) So I am hoping this is just a buggy earlier build. Oh and I dont like those lame looking saber trails. they are.....blocky, they resemble the shape of The Phantom Menace game trails! Ugh!!! Saber trails are suposed to be smooth and round as they arch, they are not suposed to have corners where they bend.

There is a way to get around not being able to get past the force selection screen, set one of your forces to level two, then you can put the point in and move on.

I did not think the dynamic glow was doing anything, if it is I can't see it. As for the saber trails I think there fine, but if you like to nit pick go right ahead, your free to do so. I can always use a good laugh. :)

Hate to break it to you, but this comes out in 9 days, demo was just to help people see if they wanna buy, what you played is what u get

What I've played, I've liked, so I'll get the full game. :p

Personally, I agree with you. I don't think there will be much (if anything) added that isn't already in there, in terms of customisation, etc.

But that's fine by me.

I've encountered a few graphical glitches, a desktop crash and a 'white-out' on level load, so I certainly hope those are only 'demo' related, and not in the full game. Sometimes by making a demo it can destabilise certain things that otherwise work fine in the full version, so I hope that's the case.

As far as character creation goes...if we need any more models, or skins, I'm sure the mod crews out there will be able to work their magic. I'm going to be trying some skinning myself for JA when I get the time.

And of course, like everyone else here, I think certain aspects could have been done better (in terms of the selection/mission screens), but that's not a big deal.

Roll on the 19th... ;)

Saber trails are suposed to be smooth and round as they arch, they are not suposed to have corners where they bend.
And people aren't supposed to look like flatly textured computer game characters, yet in this game, they do. Sadly, nothing in this or any other game looks 100% realistic, yet. And since lightsabres (and their trails) are 100% imaginary, I personally hold them at a lower level of priority to say... making the level design better, making the gameplay experience and balance better, etcetera. Low priority, negligible worry.

Originally posted by Kidso

I think the saber trails are fine and for the katas it meant to simulate a fast moving combo and its a riskey move to begin with, specially strong kata but I can see the saber just fine.

I haven't really been paying attention, but are the Katas for the single saber different for each stance?

Yup they are...

And whatever guy started this thread should just be killed outright... a demo is not a final release of the game.. if it was then what the hell would be the point ... They already said that they were releasing more outfits, hilts, LEVELS, etc. in the final release... anone who cannot actually reason that for themselves shouldn't even be playing a game...

:fett: :fett: :fett::jawa:fett: :fett:

Yeah ther can always be updates etc, and maybe more clothes, but actually on the site, if u look at the char creation and LS videos, it has the same options there as the demo, so maybe they took it from demo, or thats it :-\

Yeah and if you look at the rest of those pictures, which you should before making any assumptions, you would also notice that the level selection only has two levels... if you havn't figured it out yet.. they were showing you screenshots from the demo.. Those screenshots are for people who have yet to play the game or people that are new to the whole JO .. JA system... You really need to look at those sorts of things before you say that a DEMO is the final version of a game...

:mob::bdroid2::fett::lightning:duel::lsduel:

You seem to misunderstand the meaning of 'Final'

Surely the retail will have more content (*duh*), however demo CODE does not differ from RETAIL code (except a few added bits to prevent demo modifications). Meaning, that everything that you see now, all the gameplay mechanics and all the bugs in the content will stay the same in retail. Things do not change overnight.

No offense but ive been reading all these threads and see many people complaining about things, and saying they will wait to see in full, while others come and say it will be fixed in final.

I couldnt agree more.

If you're a devoted fan, you'll buy no matter what the Demo looks like. At least thats what I believe.

-Clemme

Originally posted by RebeliousPlague

Yup they are...

Thanks, I'll check those out.

And whatever guy started this thread should just be killed outright...

Is this really necessary?

a demo is not a final release of the game.. if it was then what the hell would be the point ... They already said that they were releasing more outfits, hilts, LEVELS, etc. in the final release...

No it is not the final release, but the parts that are shown may appear as-is in the final version. Were have they said that there definitely will be more clothes, etc. (I'd like to read it)? It has been said that there will be about 2000 different combinations in the character creation process, and about that many are already available in the demo. I don't know for certain that there won't be more hilts and clothes, but I haven't seen anything to say there definitely will be either.

anone who cannot actually reason that for themselves shouldn't even be playing a game...

If you turn out to be wrong, can we force you to never play the game again? Cool.

The demo build was made AFTER the game went gold. The game went gold on 13th of August. The demo build is from the 28th, I think. So I would say it's final.

After playing the demo lots (which I really enjoyed btw), I've noticed some minor bugs which I think will be in the full version.

*If one grip a person and drop him and then grip him before he fall into a certain death and move him to safty he will still die. This happened in Jedi Outcast aswell.

*DEMO 2ND LEVEL SPOILER*

If using force speed and run out as fast as possible after pushing the buttons in the end of the second level, it won't fall apart. And can't be completed, unless one go back in and let the "fall apart" script kick in.

*I cheated and gave myself all 3 styles for single lightsaber. I have problems switching from fast to medium. But medium to strong, and strong to fast works fine. Does anyone else have this? Since I cheated it might be because of it, and it won't be in the full version :)

Something tells me that this is actually a pre-gold demo. It sort of feels incomplete. I could be wrong though. But one of the things that lead me to beleive it is pre-gold is the fact that when you switch off your saber staff one end of the saber cuts through your shoulder area. It would cut off your arm wouldn't it? Also, the demo released for outcast last year seemed pretty complete, no bugs and such, but that was because the game had already been released. Who knows?

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

But one of the things that lead me to beleive it is pre-gold is the fact that when you switch off your saber staff one end of the saber cuts through your shoulder area. It would cut off your arm wouldn't it? Also, the demo released for outcast last year seemed pretty complete, no bugs and such, but that was because the game had already been released. Who knows?

Indeed there are a few "unpolished" things like that in the demo.

Archived