Home

Should there be previous JO elements in Jedi Academy multiplayer?

Obi-Wan X

Should there be previous JO elements in Jedi Academy multiplayer?

When I say this I mean should some of the elements from the previous patches (1.02...1.03) be included in multiplayer JA? For example...

Rotating available for backstab?

Able to move around while doing DFA? I personally don't see why this wasn't available...I wasn't really around during the " wtf this patch sux and here's why!" time. I don't see why rotating while in the air isnt available. But im sure many people would be able to tell me why or why not its a bad thing. I hope rotating will be available for the double flip moves that deal damage ( you know, attack+jump while forward....). Or we'll see a bunch of flailing enemies ! Hehe...its already funny in JO on bespin ffa with 20+ people. But now there are a mess load of moves similar to this!

:) There were a lot of things taken from various patches and the like, so what exactly should be brought to JA multiplayer.

Originally posted by Prime

My main hope is that MP is very close moves and control wise to SP JA.

I'll ditto that.

I don't see any reason why they should 'backtrack' to include particular features from JO in JA. JA has evolved from JO, and as we've all seen has it's own special saber moves and acrobatics. If those are taken across to MP pretty much intact, with just saber damage ratios tweaked, and whatever little balances might need to be made between the different saber sets, then that would be absolutely fine with me.

If someone's favourite JO move needs to be brought back for any reason...do it in a mod, rather than subjecting everyone else to sweeping changes via patches and what-have you...

As far as DFA is concerned, it's not an issue anymore IMHO. It does spin in single player, but it seems MUCH weaker than it used to be(I certainly never got a kill by making them step on the saber, hell I had a hard time getting a kill with it at all), and on top of that its airspeed is slower if I'm not mistaken.

Archived