Home

Sam and Max episodes

Andrei

I'm not entirely sure if I'm allowed to post this, but if not, then my apologies.

Over here at SuprNova.org: here

If you scroll down to TV, there's a torrent file floating around with 15 episodes of the Sam and Max TV show. So I dunno. That should cover you if you're still hunting.

Well I couldn't be bothered to figure out what to do, but I did not see TV episodes. I did however see (I think) someway to download scans of Surfin' the Highway. So I guess if any of you are jonesin' for it, then figure it out.

(And if any of you have got the episodes, could you send me a list of what was available, so I can see if it's any of the ones I don't have on tape?)

Thread stays open, and if some Supermod is mad because I'm letting you break the rules, REPOST!

I know someone who has these episodes. They're wmv, he tells me, and not bad quality. Apparently the episodes are as follows:

The Thing That Wouldn't Stop It

The Second Show Ever

Bad Day on the Moon

Max's Big Day

Dysfunction Of The Gods

They Came From Down There

Big Trouble at Earth's Core

That Darn Gator

We Drop at Dawn

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

The Tell Tale Tail

The Trouble With Gary

The Invaders

Little Bigfoot

He also claims to have "Aaiiieee Robot!" and "We Drop at Dawn" in high quality mov format, as well as some of the others.

I hope that satisfied your curiousity. What's a cbr file?

No fu cking idea what a CBR file is. Maybe Andrei could come back and explain to the less motivated of us.

And he probably does have "We drop at Dawn" and "Aaiiee, Robot," since now I realize that these are probably taken straight from the tape collection, as that is the exact collection available on tape.

Well damn, I'm disappointed. I want those missing six episodes, and the shorts.

Egh.

Oh and speaking of posting rules, anything written about pirating or breaking copy protection from the game is still not allowed, since it's so easy to get a copy, cheap bastards.

Hah, uh oh, comrade Jake.

Well anyways, the files are not up there today, so if anyone notices them, they should by all means grab the files. I changed the Surfin' the Highway file I had to Rar but it did not accept it, and it was not 82 MB like the site said it should be.

But it did give a link to the book on Amazon, who is letting people preorder it for used copies for some reason. (Twenty two bucks.) Not too sure how Amazon could possible supply a copy for every preorder but sure... there's a lead.

If you can figure it out, by all means share with the forum and others who have long sought after this book. I'd like a copy in the hands of those who want one, no matter how underhanded.

E-mail Metallus or Jake or me or somebody associated with what ever were doing here if you or anyone else lurking and reading this figures out how to get the 82MB scans.

It's in the comic section. Permanently it seems.

(Oh and as a general rule, the Mainstream and Comic forums, along with the troubleshooting forums are not ones to be so rude and abusive in. We aren't all that bad.)

UPDATE: oh Cockandballs! the page keeps timing out and there seems to be no way to get the "torrent protocol" program from the mirror version... egh...

• 3 weeks later...

have you guys tried to go to this page first

http://209.142.250.242/~suprnova/list_torrents/tvshows.html

(same site...different section)

scroll down to animated or cartoon or something section...and then bam...sam and max ep 1-15...

...though i haven't really gotten a good solid connection and download yet...it's been crawling along really really slowly...but...i'll leave it up and let it chug away

-jake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do all of you actually like the episodes that much?

The humor of the episodes is about 1/4 of the comics and game.

I mean the sam and max humor is often cruel and brute, but super funny. But since the show's for kids on foxkids, all of the cruel stuff has been cut out, and allmost all of the guns have been taken out of it. I have downloaded some of the episodes from Kazaa though. But the comics are so much better...

What do you guys think?

The show was never given the chance to rise to it's full potential. If they had made it to be aired around the times of the Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle instead of early Saturday mornings, then they could've gotten away with everything they needed too. But considering that it was designed for a younger audience, I still find it very humourus and worth watching.

Yeah, the game and the comic's are brilliant.

And if the next game is anything like the teaser it will be brilliant too!

As for the episodes the only one's I think are really funny are little bigfoot, bad day on the moon and the visitors.

The first too are actually directed by Steve Purcell himself : )

As for the voices, I think the ones in the games are so much better, they just have more Sam and Max appeal.

Especially Max.

(Comics rule!!!)

True, but without that it wouldn't be sam and max anymore, it would be like some ancient unwanted cartooncharacters like Teddy Ruxpin and the Carebears team up and dress in Sam and max costumes trying to imitate them. But yore right, I don't think kids understand at all what they're saying. That's why it shouldn't have been made in to a kid's show because there's just to much "adult" humor in it. That's the whole reason why the game and the comics are way better!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived