Home

Dark Forces II Enhanced (JK Mod) Discussion

J_Bond

As we Germans say: "I press the thumbs for you!" ;) Or in other words, I wish you good luck! I hope that the progress of your MOD doesn't stops. We all are still looking forward to enjoy your brilliant MOD. And perhaps some of us with advanced computer skills will join your team and help you soon. "May the Force be with you! Always!"

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by -SITH-PHISH

It seems everytime I ask this question somtihing bad happens to my reply or post.....but i gotta ask u this. Will Boc be in the jedi knight dark forces 2 mod? If so is there anyway to release the Boc model before the actual game comes out?

There are more important things in life you know :rolleyes:

Hey guys, be nice! I don't want any sarcastic and offending comments in this thread. Everybody can ask whatever they want and should await a sensible answere, don't you also think so? This thread is opened exclusively for questions and comments all around "Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight Enhanced". Please keep this in mind! If your comments are productive you are welcome to post it here, otherwise keep it for yourself please! This isn't an ordinary chat room!

• 3 weeks later...

You're right and we're serious about people not abusing the forums as a "chat room." Thank you.

The MP SDK's for JA and JK2 are out, but the Single Player SDK's will NOT be released, as Raven has stated again and again, so what you see is what you get in terms of what can be done.

I'm impressed with what the Dark Forces Mod team has been doing so far, but I'm thinking the Dark Forces II project has their work cut out for them.

After all JK was a MASSIVE game compared to DF, but hey, it's quite a game at that, so good luck to you!

the DF2E mod seems kind of dead, I sent reaper an email about wanting to join the mod (he answered real quick too). After I had emailed him a second time about what part of the mod I would be helping I never got an email back. I know he was needing texture artists at that time.

Sorry if this might seem offensive as I am not very informed on DF2E's deal and if this isnt true then just ignore this paragraph. Are we all sure DF2E is real, ever was real or if reaper was just getting everyones hopes up. This has happened to me twice before and both times made me SO angry. I really see no reason too post phonies. This isnt really good proof but on there mod listing at mods.moddb.com, it says reaper is the only member of the team and it was labeled as inactive (kind of strange but I cant seem to get in mods.moddb.com).

A solid answer would be nice from you reaper.

EDIT: DF2E was removed from mods.moddb.com.

I don't believe that this project will be stopped for long. The game is to brilliant to die. I know it's a little bit to early but I hope when this story is true that the Dark Forces MOD team will take care of this project when their own project is done. But don't let us speculate about possible things. We have to know more about the facts. Why will the project be stopped? Is their anything what we can do to prevent this? When you need more people then let us exectly know what and how many people you need.

Oh, I can assure you that DF2E exists/existed.

Unfortunately, it seems that due to lack of support and other matters, the project will cease to exist.

I can't speak for Reaper, I'm sure he'll be along to give you the full story, but it's ashame it had to come to this.

It just goes to prove how difficult it can be to get a project like this off the ground, I guess DFMOD has just been lucky.

Originally posted by Treepop

the DF2E mod seems kind of dead, I sent reaper an email about wanting to join the mod (he answered real quick too). After I had emailed him a second time about what part of the mod I would be helping I never got an email back. I know he was needing texture artists at that time.

Sorry if this might seem offensive as I am not very informed on DF2E's deal and if this isnt true then just ignore this paragraph. Are we all sure DF2E is real, ever was real or if reaper was just getting everyones hopes up. This has happened to me twice before and both times made me SO angry. I really see no reason too post phonies. This isnt really good proof but on there mod listing at mods.moddb.com, it says reaper is the only member of the team and it was labeled as inactive (kind of strange but I cant seem to get in mods.moddb.com).

A solid answer would be nice from you reaper.

EDIT: DF2E was removed from mods.moddb.com.

take my advice your info is very wrong

Ok guy this is what has gone on last month or so. There has been problem with the site since LFN moved to a new sever it seem that they lost what was there. Now after having the site sorted out since December we have had no access to our FTP and now that the site it was hosted under is back-up, it seems the site was lost or deleted during this time. I contacted LFN and was told it would be a few days and after a few weeks still nothing. After seeing the site was gone and talking to senior team member it was decided that we would close down the mod. There are reason why we decided to do this was mainly due to lack of support and all the hassle we have had in the past 3 - 4 months. I have wasted a lot of my personal time trying to get some of the problems sorted out and that we all have other thing to be getting on with. My self I have many projects with Microsoft at the moment going on and a big work contract, so work take top priority to me at this time. Sad thing to say is that the project is officially closed as of now.

I would like to give big thanks for all your help to Dave and Rich and the rest of the DF team. Also big thanks to the DF2E Team can’t forget them and everyone who has supported us.

Plan for the future are not sure yet (mainly work atm) but it has been a huge learning experience with this.

Then it's true. The "Dark Forces II Enhanced" MOD is dead. I think that this thread could be closed at least. Rest in peace! :'-( Thank you to "THE ONE" who made this thread sticky. I think that there is nothing more to be said in this thread except good bye to all.

sad to say we tried to keep it running aslong as possible in hopes of improvment but hosting problems was the last straw

something i forgot to add from the main post was that i might finish off texturing some of the boss levels that are finish but need texturing no promisses this depends on my personal time and work load

I know I'm way behind on this topic. However I would like to address a few things.

I think the worst thing in the world would be to use the movies from JK. While they were fun to watch, let's face it, they are uber budget. I've seen better work on the fan films at TheForce.net

In the first cut scene, the Gran mercenary talks, and his mouth doesn't even move. Clearly a cheap Halloween mask.

The sets are a joke.

Lucasarts did a rotton job of blending CGI & reality. They did o.k. on 8T-88, but everything else was purely cheap.

I think the only option is to redo the scenes the way they were meant to be done....as in done with skill and talent.

I wish felt strongly about this.

Jedispy

@Jedispy

You're right, your post comes a little bit to late. If you doesn't have in mind to complete this MOD by yourself there is no need to discuss about the cutscenes (besides I loved the original ones from Jedi Knight) or other details. The Dark Forces Enhanced MOD is dead! There is nothing more to add.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived