Home

What saber type will you be using?

Zen Knight

What Saber Type is your preference after playing the demo?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. What Saber Type is your preference after playing the demo?

• Single Saber
    • Dual Sabers
    • Saberstaff

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For starters at least I'll use Dual Sabers(Orange and Blue). I like them a lot and I've started to get the hang of them in the demo. I also like the staff but I don't think I'll use it much if it becomes the overwhelming trend online as I suspect it might. I absolutely can't stand Single Red, it's too slow for me and I think it makes all duels incredibly slow and boring, though I do like Blue and Yellow and might switch to them occasionally too.

I'm gonna go with single just cause I will enjoy taking down all the staff and dual users with one saber, it will make me feel special, lol. Especially if there all freakin out with all there spins and I just slice them right down the center with a heavy swing, joy!!!!!!

Sounds like Dual is going to be the underdog as I guessed, just like Blue was in JO. I think the problem is that people don't know how to use them except to hold down the button and swing and spin in the hopes of getting lucky, which is rather disappointing. No wonder heavy stance was so popular in JO. People need to get it through their heads that even the fast styles need to play intelligently, and just because they swing fast doesn't mean you need to constantly chain attacks. Fast attack speed means you can take advantage of smaller openings and get a quick hit or two in without dropping your defense. Why people feel the need to be hyper-aggressive and expect results from dual sabers and light stance is completely beyond me.

I'm going to use single saber-medium stance almost exclusively in multiplayer although I may use dual sabers in sp. In balanced game (not 1.04) the medium stance was able to stand up to all the others quite well.

I'm hoping the blocking/damage issue isn't present in JA so something besides heavy will be used. I may throw in a few lunges/light katas though since light stance has the best special moves. The staff and dual sabers don't fit my style although they are cool looking. I also don't like heavy stance. It seems kind of oxymoronic to use a "light" saber with a heavy stance regardless of how powerful it is.

It's hard to say really. I mean the two new styles have a definite "cool" factor. I'm really very impressed with the amount of work that went into making each style look believable and unique. As for functionality though, I really think that the single saber will prove most effective in multiplayer. It just seems like a question of precision to me. I mean the other two styles look sexy and everything, but when it comes to putting the blade in the right place you seem to have more control in the single style.

I will of course disregard the above reasoning and use the dual sabers. As I see it, since all the jedi are based on Toshiro Mifune, and I can't see Mifune as anything but Miyamoto Musashi, it only seems right to go with two.

I'll probably start off with a single saber lightsider (probably with the Human male skin), then go with a blue Twi Lek female with dual sabers, then perhaps a darkside saberstaff.

That seems like the way to go for me. :D

g//plaZma had a point about the saber combat, though. I'm not sure if it's bad, I think it's just... different. Still, Jedi Academy'll be on my shopping list come late-September. :animelol:

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

i like the single saber medium stance... and the staff too

i will play them both...

btw.. i played the demo and i saw i can only choose one stance for single saber... will i be able to switch 3 single sabre stance (light/medium/heavy) in the full version like in JO?

Archived