Home

2000 Various Looks?

Dark Lord Vader

Yeah, hopefully at least those unused textures and models will be hidden in the gamesomewhere for us to find..

I know black isn't allowed at the academy (or so i've read) just like the red saber color... that is perfectly acceptable for SP... but I'm keeping MP in mind... if the choices are the same... boy have I got work to do.

Since when? Luke himself wears black.. why is it okay for him?

Looking at another thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110721

It seems the final version DOES NOT have any more choices than what's in the demo. The above is about a review of the game and the reviewer mentioned how few choices there were in character creation.

Oh well, the modders will take care of us. :D

Kurgan: I actually thought of that point myself... the thing is when I was reading an article about AOTC I saw something about Anakin always being the arrogant type and defying the council even in lil matters like wearing black which was forbidden.

I can't say the exact phrase but it was something like that.

But yeah Luke is indeed a valid point. Maybe the new generation post ROTJ doesnt have that particular rule.

It's too bad black doesnt come in the base game (assuming the full version doesnt add anything to the demo clothing selection) but I'm not to worried cuz as always I'll be creating new stuff for this game as soon as i buy the game and get the tools when they are released.

Like I said... too bad... but i'm not worried.

BloodRiot

Well, like I mentioned above, it seems according to a reviewer that what we get in the demo is what we get in the game, so we'll defintely need you modders if we want more choices for play.

So when are the tools going to be released? Like I said, with the limited number of choices, I'll be chomping at the bit to get your stuff.

According to a recent preview (Games Depot) there are "40 some skins" in addition to the customizable Jedi, that will feature in Multiplayer.

Now in JK2, the Multiplayer skins were taken from the SP game (the humanoid characters). Morgan Katarn was different (he wasn't a Jedi spirit) and you couldn't play as the two Protocol Droids, but other than that, you could play as everyone else.

So, I'm guessing that not only will the demo npc's work in the full version, but we should see the MP characters in SP as well (though not sure about any JK2 characters).

(28 JK2 skins + 8 bonus skins) + 58 team skins (red/blue variants of original 28)

If you don't count the team skins (I assume there will still be only two teams in JA, but that's just a guess), that leaves 12 skins.

Take from among the SP NPC's we've seen or heard about that are humanoid in shape, and you'll come up with around 41-44 or so skins (depends on if they cut some out of course).

It won't be what everyone is wanting, but it should be a little better than just being stuck with the Demo options for the Six Jedi characters.

That'll just have to hold us until the mods come rolling in (or the skins from JK2 are properly converted).

urgan: I actually thought of that point myself... the thing is when I was reading an article about AOTC I saw something about Anakin always being the arrogant type and defying the council even in lil matters like wearing black which was forbidden.

I can't say the exact phrase but it was something like that.

But yeah Luke is indeed a valid point. Maybe the new generation post ROTJ doesnt have that particular rule.

It's too bad black doesnt come in the base game (assuming the full version doesnt add anything to the demo clothing selection) but I'm not to worried cuz as always I'll be creating new stuff for this game as soon as i buy the game and get the tools when they are released.

Like I said... too bad... but i'm not worried.

The other thing you've gotta remember is that the Jedi Order of the Old Republic and the "New Jedi Order" of the Jedi Academy in the Post-ROTJ era are not the same thing.

Many of the old rules they don't follow at all (training from birth, padawan-masters: although they seem to be picking this one up fast probably now that the EU authors have seen the prequels, only three saber colors, celibacy, midicholorian checkers, old uniforms, etc).

And if I'm not mistaken, even in the Old Republic era we have Jedi (other than Anakin) wearing black or darker colors. Isn't that a fact? I swear I've seen Plo Koon and at least one female Jedi wear black in the prequels (and publicity shots).

If you look through all the screenshots you will see there are several other character options. Like the twilek with her head tails draped over her shoulders like jabba's henchman Bib Fortuna. Trust me the demo is lacking many of the full version's features. and its chock full of bugs aplenty. I still cant get Dynamic Glow to work. I know what its suposed to look like but it just doesnt work at all. Nothing I do seems to make it work. The NPC spawning codes also tend to stop working when they just worked minutes before, There is no way on this earth the demo is an example of the final build. I imagine it is more or less from the beta or a release candidate but NOT the gold edition. Like I said, the screenies show that there are in fact more options to choose from so have faith.

DigitalVapor

I dont know if you read the thread I linked to above, a reviewer says those are the final choices.

I think the Twilek head your thinking of is in the demo.

Can you provide screens to any of these costumes you think arent in the demo? Ive been looking at screens and dont see anything thats NOT in the demo, but would love to be wrong.

I think the first screenshot of the dual lightsabers a while back had a black guy with dreadlocks, so who knows if he will be included.

Also, IIRC the JO models/skins will be able to be used as is. I suspect if you have the .pk3 files in the right directory, you should be able to use the playermodel code to load it. I hope so anyway...

Though it isn't something that would affect my opinion of the game itself, I do hope that there is more customization choices available. Especially in changing the clothes actual colors instead of just the lining, but again not that big of a deal for me only because they advertized it would be such grand variety. I do also hope for a couple of more heads.

On the clothing topic; Anakin has no black in his clothing. His inner tunic is cream colored, his outer tunic is brown, the leather tabbards are dark brown and his cloak was also a very dark brown (can be clearly seen in the dvd Tatooine scenes). Though I'm not sure if I saw black I know a huge bunch of the Jedi in the Geonosis arena had dark clothing. I don't really think color has anything to do with alignment within the Order.

About 4512 different combo's are already available in the Demo - here, let me break it down for you:

SPECIES: HEAD: TORSO: LEGS: COLOR

Human Male: 3x7x4x8 = 672

Human Female: 3x6x4x8 = 576

Kel Dor Male: 3x6x4x8 = 576

Rodian Male: 3x6x4x8 = 576

Twi'Lek Female: 8x6x4x8 = 1536

Zabrak Female: 3x6x4x8 = 576

GRAND TOTAL = 4512 combos in the Demo......

Looks like the Demo content is all we'll probably have for customization....

I KNEW I WAS FORGETTIN' SOMTHING!!!!! Let's not forget the Sabers! The Sabers are 3 types, single/dual/staff - plus each type has a variation of different blade colors.... AND EACH has different Hilts! ERRR I'm finished with the calculating, lets just say it's over 5000+ combo's if you include saber attributes.

Yep, I think you got it there xTrazkx.

THat review said few choices, you've just calculated the odds, and like I keep saying -- can anyone provide a screenshot that doesn't have the Jedi in clothing that appears in the demo?

It's not bad, because we have modders, but more than 3 human heads would have been nice.

HEY MODDERS, FIRST OFF IVE TRIED MAPS AND THEY SUCK SO I GIVE FULL RESPECT TO YA ALL. I HAVE A COUPLE OF REQUESTS. FIRST MORE OLD REPUBLIC JEDI CLOTHING SECOND A LONG HAIR JEDI HUMAN MAIL. LIKE QUI GON BUT NEW. 3 MAKE A WOOKIE JEDI,AND A SOME BOUNTY HUNTERS JANGO BOBA IG-88 . OH YEAH MOST IMPORTANT NEW HILTS LIKE YODA PLO KOON KIT FISTO MACE DOOKU VADER QUI GON OBI OLD AND NEW. IF ANY ARE DONE EMAIL ME LET ME KNOW ILL RATE YOUR WORK WITH RESPECT AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIM

Originally posted by soulshine

HEY MODDERS, FIRST OFF IVE TRIED MAPS AND THEY SUCK SO I GIVE FULL RESPECT TO YA ALL. I HAVE A COUPLE OF REQUESTS. FIRST MORE OLD REPUBLIC JEDI CLOTHING SECOND A LONG HAIR JEDI HUMAN MAIL. LIKE QUI GON BUT NEW. 3 MAKE A WOOKIE JEDI,AND A SOME BOUNTY HUNTERS JANGO BOBA IG-88 . OH YEAH MOST IMPORTANT NEW HILTS LIKE YODA PLO KOON KIT FISTO MACE DOOKU VADER QUI GON OBI OLD AND NEW. IF ANY ARE DONE EMAIL ME LET ME KNOW ILL RATE YOUR WORK WITH RESPECT AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIM

Number 4: stop yelling

Number 5: The Old Republic Jedi are dead by this point.

Archived