Home

Rebel HQ

Deathstalker

Ok I assume everyone got the ingame email from grask if not here is hte idea of it. Grask and Bogey thought it would be cool to get a rebel faction HQ and since smugglers get a 25% bonus to get it Grask would be the oen to get it. A rebel HQ cost 60k FP to get so it would take grask a long time to get one.

Basically I talked to grask today and helped lay out the foundation on what he needs to do in order to get this HQ cause I have a friend working on it right now for her PA.

If the PA decides this is something that they want well it means basically that we are going to become a rebel PA. You cannot have a rebel PA and have imps in your PA just won't work. People can still be neutral but a large % need to be rebel.

THis HQ will take a long time a month + of seriuos grinding by graske very day to get so there is plenty of time to discuss this.

Feed back is very important here.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well seeing as how i will be back in less than a month then i would like to say somthing....this idea is awsome.....i think it would spice up the game...and i am glad to see that Grask would do such a thing.....he would take time out of his life to get faction points to help out the PA.......i think this would be the greatst idea yet...and when we get our starport it will be great...then rebels from all over the galaxie could come to parties and listen to the band and do alot of shoping.........wow this is a awsome idea......:D

For all those that want to help grask excellent it will help him greatly he especially needs anyone to help him that has healing skills since he has none. Today we were able to do about 10 missions or so though I think he will say I hogged a few too many of the kills but that is what happens when you cando up to 2k damage on a shot.

I think he is going to be doing most of the grinding out of the Rebel base on Rori.

Others can help by getting their FP raised and gaining rank so that you can purchase turrets and other things we will need to be able to defend this base :)

There's a couple things I want to say before this post get's too big, just so everybody knows where I stand.

Bogey came to me with this idea last night in the Theed Cantina. Now, I've tried the Rebel thing twice, and to put it bluntly, I have no love for the Rebels (or the Imps). It took me a while to come to a decision. In the end, though, I realized this would help out the PA, so I decided to go for it. Keeping that in mind, I didn't just do this for the Rebel members. I understand that there is a bank terminal in this base, along with mission terminals, a Cantina, and a MedCenter (I haven't seen these things first hand, so...) My thinking, which was originally Bogey's, is that this will make our town easier to work out of. Crafters wont have to run all the way to Theed to get missions anymore, or to use the bank, etc. Our city still wont be independent, but this is a start.

What Giles (Deathstalker) has said about our PA becoming Rebel may be possible, but that's not what I intend. The minute this PA sways from being Neutral, I will quit, and that's the truth. I'll say it again, I'm doing this for the good of the PA, not the Rebel members. I know that sounds a little harsh, but it's the truth.

So, now that you all know my position on the matter, here's what I've been thinking, after having my original talk with Bogey

1)The base's location should be as secret as possible. Nothing would burn my ass more than spending all these faction points to get a base just to have to overrun by Imps who think they have an easy target.

2)I don't think the base should be too close to the town. This goes back to what I said about the PA staying Neutral. If the base is close to our town, our PA will be associated with it, and we will be associated with the Rebels.

3)I have no idea how turrets, minefields, covert scanners and the like work, but here's what I think - if covert Imps can't get into the base, then something needs to change. Again, although this base will be flying the Rebel flag, I want it to be open to everybody in the PA.

Well, that's my opinion on the whole thing. If anybody disagrees with me in anyway, please let me know. I wont get offended. Anyway, I should get back ingame; I've got a lot of work to do =).

I think its a great idea not only because it adds to the PA town, but it gives everyone a common goal which right now we dont have.

Factions are and always will be a personal choice. We have quite a few rebel members mostly all covert and a few imperials that are all covert as far as I can tell. Even if people dont want to participate in PvP it is easy to become covert. You have alot more options available by choosing a faction like the rebel and imperial themeparks (which are getting overhauled). I know some people have had a few problems (which oddly they wont discuss) being covert but I have been a covert/overt rebel for 2 months now and I have not had a single incident where I was killed by accidently getting a TEF. If you heal or trade with an overt you knowingly accept the risk that comes with it.

I was really hoping choosing a faction would bring the guild closer together but since so many people are against something they have never tried its ended up making a bunch of small groups in the PA.

I used to look forward to nightly hunts where we would do stuff as a big group of 15-20 guild members but all I ever see is a bunch of individuals doing thier own thing and not wanting to do anything as a whole.

Maybe the Hq idea will help bring people together for a common goal.

I also agree we need to keep the HQ location a secret which is hard to do since these are public forums and a few folks come here that have nothing to do with the PA anymore. It would be nice if we could have a members only forum here and if not I can activate the one of the website.

yes this is going to be though to keep it a secret but I can help out I' going to get enough to get a few turrets but I'm going for a goal of 10k fp before I get anything it's been hard since temtation has goten the best of my a few times and I go and get higher rank but I keep try ing now that the ranks aer getting tougher I have to get more Fp so I'm going to help out and get turrets and stuff like that for the city...:D

and like Grask (Jackrabbit) said This is for the PA not for us Rebel members so this will be for all in the PA again not for members in the Rebelion.:biggs::D

Ok let me rephrase what I daid about the PA going rebel, I love the fact that this PA is neutral it is great and that is what people want. IF we wanted to go rebel then this HQ would be a big way to announce our prescence as a rebel PA but if we keep it a secret it will workout well and keep us neutral. i personally love the PvP part of the game so I hook up with a lot of other PA's and people and do raids etc.

If you want this to stay silent then member only forums need to be started. Heck I think memebr only forums should be started anyway. We can have a public forum for people to discuss stuff and then a member only forum for members to talk about more sensitive stuff.

This big HQ will help out everyone, Ihave no idea if covert imps can go in it or not I just don't know.

ok....

1st) this PA will not go publicly rebel or imperial. we will remain NEUTRAL

2nd) this HQ is for rebel, neutral AND imperial members.

3rd) if an imperial member walks inside and you rebel lot can kill him... DONT!

4th) i for one have discussed this idea with both bogey and grask. and im not agreeing on it because its rebel.... im agreeing on it because it has mission and bank terminals.... the city might be long away from us.... so with this.. it makes us a little.... well.. better :)

5th) i understand people's opinions about becoming a mainly neutral rebel PA..... but as it is... our main guideline is: this is a game.... do what you like.... have fun..... but if the PA needs you.. you help out.... that guide line we started with.. so far it did help us

6th) mur.. i guess your right about teh small groups.... but if you want to... well unite them more... dont you have top tighten the grip some more... some more control over the members and whereabouts?

7th) i want PIE

8th) can anyone in the states provide me and my girlfriend a house and a job so we can move there and i can finally partici[ate in hunts? :p

9th)..... ok thats it i think :p

Corzip Dinn

it has a cloning center tooo!!!!! I think once Grasks gets it. I will move mcwookiees down there.

EDIT: After so more thought, this could have its downside, IN THE LONG RUN. FOr now its great, but once Player Cities are in, I think it should go. Overt Imperials CAN NOT go into a base, on a count of theres soldiers everywhere. Also, Jatari, dont get turrets, it makes it seem even more Military rather than firnedly Now, if you want to make our city somewhat rebel friendly (AH or Moenia type), then this would be fine.

EDIT 2: I think the presence of the base should be announced publicly. It will attract more people. We just have to find some way for it to not scare off people and give the wrong impression.

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

2)I don't think the base should be too close to the town. This goes back to what I said about the PA staying Neutral. If the base is close to our town, our PA will be associated with it, and we will be associated with the Rebels.

i agree totally on that grask, but stop and realize, if we had a declared reb walkin through the town. 500m or so away someone selects a new imp killin mission, all of the sudden, the imps spawn and kill the person who was caught off guard. i have though of this too, if we put it near the town, then the imp mission spawns and such will be farther away. now what we could do is walk a good 2000m away from the town, im sugesting back north or mabye northeast, and place it...that puts good distance.

For now, you can make the base privite and everything just like a house. But a patch soon will make the bases public, and you can't change it. ;)

Also, you think those guards will stop us rebels, heh. Also you have to protect it two hours a day. And during those two hours, imperials can come and try to take over the base. :)

If we plan on keeping this for long it has to be well guarded which means covert scanners and turrets are a must.

I think people are getting the wrong idea of what this thing is. HQ's are Faction perks and are a nice target for opposite faction members. As soon as imperials find out we have one and its obvious they know ;) it becomes a valid target for an imperial PA to come and take over.

I dont know about you guys but I would be pissed if all the rebels spent a month working on this just to leave it unguarded for someone to take over the first day we put it up.

So we either guard it or we are wasting our time.

Corzip, I wish I knew how to make people want to do things with the PA. People ask to have hunts all the time but even when we do them on the weekends only about 50% of the people online will join us. Every weekend I end up paying for someone to come join us just so they cant use the "i cant afford it" excuse. This is actually the first game I have had to pay people to want to participate :)

hehe well I know what you mean I have to help organize games at Boy scout meetings and that's hard getting 23 kids to cooperate...:o well anyway we really need to listen to murashu on these hunts other wise your wasting your time and murashu's.

And Reaps why must you always bring up the Empire in every post you make.:confused::p

And Yes we need turrets other wise this thing will go downthe drain and all that work will be for nothing and we only need 4 larg turrets then some walls and more small turrets closer to the base that way the empire will have difficuty in getting control over the base.

And we need covert scanners, mines, and walls around the base.:D

Wow.......This is awsome....some of you know i like to explor and hike......and once when i was on a long hike......i found a awsome spot for a PA location.....(Or a rebel HQ...hehehehehe..)....Now i cant relly say where this spot is beacuse of some of the Imps reading these forums......But it is surounded by mountians......and it is in a nice flat vally....the only problem is it is a little bit of a walk away.....and if anybody wants to know exactly where it is you can send me a PM or somthing...but when i tell you and lets say you dont like the spot...then i have plenty of other suggestions...but like i said...Imps read these things..lol.....see ya

Leaving it open to covert imperials leaves it open to undefended attacks which means we lose the HQ.

19 covert imperials can group with 1 overt imperial. The 19 coverts walk right in the front door and wait inside. As soon as the 1 overt walks up to the base and gets attacked the 19 coverts get a TEF and can attack the undefended base. They put covert scanners in for a reason =)

and another thing... imps can only destroy the hq within a 2 hour timeframe... say we put the base up at 6am in the morning they hwave from 6am - 8am to destroy it.... so lets not let anyone know when we place it.... (hint) i say b4 the server dies to get patched =) cause isnt server down for like 5hours for patching hehe then they couldnt destroy it

and theres a permission list to keep out imps and stuff hehe

and whats so bad about joining afaction... covert rebel is lik ebeing neutral but you get the faction perks... if the faction is winning you get an XP bonus on stuff you kill. Rebels are winning i believe...

I think this is an awesome idea!

Right now I am half way to novice smuggler and will be working up the underworld tree for Rebel FP perks. Also, like I have told many of you I have been working towards the 60k HQ also.

I have been working on it since last week, slowly working my way up the ladder while getting Unarmed and Pistol exp so I can get Smuggler for the FP and so I can buy FP.

Arina has not been on lately since "he" is taking a "galaxy break" but did come on for short bursts this week. But Arina was going to help me with the turrets, mines, and scanners and such.

I haven't decided yet where to put it but I don't plan on getting it until the end of october, and by then many HQs will have been placed and I might not want to do mine anymore and just help somebody elses out. Which might be our PAs.

I am really wondering about this whole idea since many people have different opinons. I honestly think if we do this as a PA it should not relate to the PA whatsoever and have it be as well protected as possible. I already heard about somebody having problems with imperials taking over there base due to lack of protection.

This should just be a project that we have done and not really have it a part of our PA if we want to remain nuetural. Otherwise this will just be a big flop and totally screw up our PA.

On a sidenote: I need to join the PA so... give me some time I can do that.

On another sidenote: Juno Reactor

On another another sidenote: Go Rebels!!!

~SK~

Originally posted by Bogey

and another thing... imps can only destroy the hq within a 2 hour timeframe... say we put the base up at 6am in the morning they hwave from 6am - 8am to destroy it.... so lets not let anyone know when we place it.... (hint) i say b4 the server dies to get patched =) cause isnt server down for like 5hours for patching hehe then they couldnt destroy it

Bogey,

They get a chance to destroy it 2 hours EVERYDAY not just the day you place it ;) You can either pick a time that you think has the least people online or you can pick a time that the majority of the PA will be on to defend it.

Archived