Home

I hate you all! I'm leaving, in a big sulk!

Benny

Aha! that title got your attention didnt it?

To put it less dramatically, I'm buggering off back to uni so I wont be around until Christmas* unless I succumb to peer-pressure and get net access in which case i'll look damm stupid for posting this.

In the unlikely event that someone needs to contact me its probably best to use lf pm's since my email will get overloaded with spam within a week

Anyway on to the real point of this post*. Listed below are the links to all the programs of mine that actually work, I'm releasing them mainly in the hope that someone can learn from them as I did from other programs. Programming really isnt as hard as it seems and I would encourage anyone who's remotely interested in that sort of thing just to give it a try. The best way to learn is to think of a simple program and try and make it, thats what I did with Quick and Easy about a year ago. Anyway just have a go if you are interested, the community can always use some cool programs.

My only conditions for this stuff are that you dont simply re-release it and pass it off as your own work or I will have to kill you. Equally please dont change things slightly and release sumt as all your own work because you dont want to make me sad, you wont like me when I'm sad*.

All are written in Delphi 7, they should work in 6 if you remove the xp manifest component, versions 5 and below I have no idea. I have gone through and commented some of the programs to try and help anyone wanting to learn so some of the comments are simplistic if you are already knowledgeable.

ScummVM Quick and Easy

Uses the following components:

The Jedi Code Library

IEdownload

THtmlComboBox

Lec Quick and Easy

The source is messy since its mostly a copy and paste job from the other programs. In the source ScummVM mode has the beginnings of an update and the sidebar is out of alignment but I dont have time to fix it now.

The Jedi Code Library

IEdownload

HtmlComboBox

TInspectorBar

CMI Launcher

The Jedi Code Library

CMI Launcher Coin

Like CMI Launcher, but has a nice cmi coin skin.

The Jedi Code Library

TAdvShaper

THotSpotImage

Entertainment Pack Launcher

The most useless program ever, since by the time I released it Aaron Giles revealed that you can change all the settings from within the game.

The Jedi Code Library

*Lie #1 I'll still post occasionally when i'm near a computer or the forum withdrawal symptoms get too severe.

*Lie #2 There is no point to this, its another sickening leaving thread in disguise

* I weep like a girl

Wow, there's actually a message-length limit!

Index File Reader

Reads the index files (the .000 or .LA0) files from SCUMM games and prints out their contents. It doesnt support V1-3 scumm games but the information for that is in the scummvm source.

Lab Creator/Dumper

Dumps files from .LAB and .M4B files (Grim Fandango and MI4) and also creates them. Useful for editing the game files and then putting them back in the game, like this

Thats the lot, I hope its useful to someone. If someone wants to keep updating ScummVM Q+E or Lec Q+E thats fine with me or indeed if you want to add new features to any of my programs. As a rampant egomaniac i'll feel better if you credit me someplace if you release any updates. :) I'll release an update to ScummVM Q+E if no-one else does though since its still useful and quite popular. In the case of Lec Q+E the new VdmSound with a nice new installer here will be useful.

In all honesty i'm irritated that I'm leaving now, things are really hotting up in the community. There's ScummEx - an open source ScummRev clone that will probably go into public cvs sometime this week, there's residual - the sub-project of ScummVM that runs Grim Fandango (and eventually EMI) and John_Doe is making even more great tools for EMI over at the little-visited Scumm Hacking Forum. You lucky sods.

This has turned into a somewhat whiney "leaving post" so er, sorry, hopefully someone will find the source useful and I'll be back around Christmas-time :)

How ironic - when I go to uni, I'll have more internet access than I do now. Of course, it will be more expensive as its a single payment, but it'll be faster and 24/7, so on the whole its better. Of course, by year 2 things will change.. they'll boot me out of halls for one... :(

Originally posted by RemiO

Pft...

He'll break down and get an Internet connection within two weeks.

I'll be interested in looking at the source code though. ;-*

I was thinking the same thing. How bout we set up and internet pool to se when we'll see him again. I give him 20 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived