Home

I Have it!!!! My Review (*Legit. Use spoiler tags.*)

xtrazx75

I just got back from EB and I have Jedi Academy. Becuase I pre-ordered it I also got this cool light-up lightsaber key-chain. I'm reading the manuel and currently installing the game. I can't wait to try out all those commands were all found in the Demo! I will post my thoughts and review later today.

I hope everyone gets their copies soon - I can't wait to play you guys online!

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL COPY - I don't do Warez because I don't like virus' and crap that slows down my computer.

Anyhow I live in the Toronto Canada area and EB is selling it - so you can contact EB if you don't believe me. First, yes the Lightsaber key-chain is cool! Second - on to my first impressions:

NO SPOILERS! I WILL NOT RUIN THE FUN FOR YOU! LOL

There are NO, repeat NO more body parts/hilts than what was in the demo.... dissapointed a little but there will be mods and updates eventually. I LOVE the storyline thus far and I really enjoy meeting and interacting with Luke Skywalker & Kyle Katarn - very well done. Although your are not Kyle, he there with you while the story continues.... The plot has so far kept me interested because it's got some suspense... I got a glimpse this "bad" person in the opening mission and I'm pretty sure I've seen this person before... I'm not saying any names - but I'll have to continue the missions to find out.

So far, so good - I am enjoying the single-player experience. In the manuel it talks about the TAUNT emotes... We've tried them all except this one: "Gloat" I'm not sure if anyone used that yet - but try it out if you haven't.

I'm scanning the box now.....

Here is my OFFICIAL copy boxart:

http://members.rogers.com/jediacademy/images/boxart.JPG

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares what console commands there are in SP. Check out the MP first. Just give details on what siege maps there are and what vehicles are in.

Or play some FFA with bots and give us your opinions on saber fighting. Like damage blocking ability, abusable moves, if single saber is balanced with staff and dual.

I hope I can pick my copy up at Gamestop tomorrow. I didn't preorder but I don't think it will be a problem.

Ironically enough I actually completed JK2's SP today...for the first time. :p I'm a multiplayer person.

Not to dampen your excitement, but per our policy, I'd ask for your proof that you bought it (since you got it early).

Please email me a scan or something (see the sticky at the top of the forum).

And don't post any spoilers until tomorrow at least!

Just to be fair.

I know we all have questions, but just wait a little longer people and all will be revealed (and with spoiler tags, ahem...!).

Kurgan, most people will get the game tomorrow anyway. Wal-mart frequently releases games earlier than they are suppose to but that doesnt mean you need to get jealous and threaten with a banning for people who take advantage of it.

He got it early(I wouldnt even consider TODAY early because multiple gaming sites and stores said it would be on shelves today)? Good for him, asking for proof is a pretty shallow thing to do imo

I got mine also today. It rocks! I didnt get no keychain but I have a License Plate Frame comming in a few weeks. The onlything bad about the JO conversion is some maps are untextured. I hope we can get that fixed soon. Otherwise models and skins work great!

Originally posted by Catalyst

Kurgan, most people will get the game tomorrow anyway.

Of course, by "most" you're referring to Americans, the ones who get the game on the 17th.

The rest of us still like to visit the forums until we've got the game as well ;)

Originally posted by Catalyst

He got it early? Good for him, asking for proof is a pretty shallow thing to do imo

Not in light of all the warez junkies we've had to deal with in the past couple of weeks. I've had to ban more people in the past fortnight than I have in the past year or more. If the warez junkies would just go away and stop trying to post spoilers all over the place, there wouldn't be a problem. :rolleyes:

Anyway, just to reiterate, could people who get the game early please use the SPOILER tags if they are going to discuss details about the game. This is so that members who cannot play the game yet, will not have their experience spoiled when they do. Thanks. :cool:

Kurgan, most people will get the game tomorrow anyway. Wal-mart frequently releases games earlier than they are suppose to but that doesnt mean you need to get jealous and threaten with a banning for people who take advantage of it.

He got it early(I wouldnt even consider TODAY early because multiple gaming sites and stores said it would be on shelves today)? Good for him, asking for proof is a pretty shallow thing to do imo

It's not "jealously" this was a rule we posted some time ago. We are making allowances for people who may get the game early, but if we throw open the floodgates any fool can claim he has the game and post spoilers all over the forums. That will only serve to cause chaos and start fights. Nobody wants that. So it's perfectly reasonable.

What motivates us is a sincere desire to cut down on the rampant piracy of Raven's products and the harm is causes them. Maybe we're a little cynical and paranoid after all the people who've trolled warez on here, but can you really blame us?

Stormhammer:

I was reading a thread earlier where Kurgan himself was hoping his copy would come in the mail TODAY. Does that mean if he got it he would have to show proof to all of us? Doesn't make sense. By the same logic other people could have gotten theirs today but they must all be warez, right?

I was hoping for my copy to come in today, but I'm willing to wait tomorrow. Doesn't mean I'll ask everyone to prove it...I just say lucky them but I'll be kicking their ass in multiplayer tomorrow :)

I was reading a thread earlier where Kurgan himself was hoping his copy would come in the mail TODAY. Does that mean if he got it he would have to show proof to all of us? Doesn't make sense. By the same logic other people could have gotten theirs today but they must all be warez, right?

No, my copy didn't arrive today. Does that mean I am taking it out on the people who's did? No, it does not.

You act as if I simply made up these rules myself. You forget that we admins and moderators work together behind the scenes. If ever I did something on my own that was not approved I'd be in trouble with the other admins.

And of course I would show proof. I have a scanner and I plan to scan the box when I get it, just like I did for JK2 when it came out.

And even if I didn't have a scanner, its a 5 min drive to the local Kinkos (open 24 hours) and for less than a dollar get a pic uploaded of the game box in minutes.

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL COPY - I don't do Warez because I don't like virus' and crap that slows down my computer.

Anyhow I live in the Toronto Canada area and EB is selling it - so you can contact EB if you don't believe me. First, yes the Lightsaber key-chain is cool! Second - on to my first impressions:

NO SPOILERS! I WILL NOT RUIN THE FUN FOR YOU! LOL

There are NO, repeat NO more body parts/hilts than what was in the demo.... dissapointed a little but there will be mods and updates eventually. I LOVE the storyline thus far and I really enjoy meeting and interacting with Luke Skywalker & Kyle Katarn - very well done. Although your are not Kyle, he there with you while the story continues.... The plot has so far kept me interested because it's got some suspense... I got a glimpse this "bad" person in the opening mission and I'm pretty sure I've seen this person before... I'm not saying any names - but I'll have to continue the missions to find out.

So far, so good - I am enjoying the single-player experience. In the manuel it talks about the TAUNT emotes... We've tried them all except this one: "Gloat" I'm not sure if anyone used that yet - but try it out if you haven't.

Originally posted by Kurgan

It's not "jealously" this was a rule we posted some time ago. We are making allowances for people who may get the game early, but if we throw open the floodgates any fool can claim he has the game and post spoilers all over the forums. That will only serve to cause chaos and start fights. Nobody wants that. So it's perfectly reasonable.

What motivates us is a sincere desire to cut down on the rampant piracy of Raven's products and the harm is causes them. Maybe we're a little cynical and paranoid after all the people who've trolled warez on here, but can you really blame us?

You're gonna open the floodgates tomorrow, and any fool who claims he has the game will post spoilers anyways. In light of all the websites that had the release date set for the 16th, I say OPEN SESAME.

Archived