Home

OJP (Open Jedi Project)

razorace

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm in communication with jk2files.com about the OJP name issue but the problem is expanding. News sites are now posting about the name swiper's mod.

Since this is starting to spiral out of control, I think we need to get a OJP release out soon. Even if it ends up being just my bugfix and the basic OJP documentation. At least we'll publically establish our claim to the name and the concept of OJP to the masses.

Emon, are you going to be able to get any of your work done by, say, late thursday? If not, we can just save your stuff for the next release.

Phunk, you mind bugging jk.net for a forum? I know they wanted a website but it looks like it's not going to be done for a while and we're getting too big for this thread.

In other news, I've created another text file on the repository (OJP_vehicles.txt). The new files deals with documentation on creating/editing vehicles for JKA. There's only a few notes in there now.

As far as this whole name-swiping thing, I suggest that we treat the name 'OJP' like an internal project name.

i.e. just a name you use so that you can discuss the idea before you come up with an actual release name.

...and we don't decide the actual release name till just before we release it. That way, idiots can't just nick the name for their own stuff...

Putting aside the possibility that this guy came up with the same name co-incidently (highly unlikely), he's used it to inconvinience us and just plain piss us off.

So if we have to start releasing stuff early, or changing any of our plans because of him, then he's achieved his aim.

...I say don't give the little s**t the satisfaction.

Let's just use a different name for release. (It IS just a name after all...) And the first time anyone hears the name is when it's already released...

AS far as those new sabers, they look pretty smart. I'm not sure if it's just me, but they almost look TOO thin! But I think their pretty good anyway. I've got no problem with them being submitted...

..and I'll talk to Chris about getting forums ASAP.

Let's just use a different name for release. (It IS just a name after all...) And the first time anyone hears the name is when it's already released...

I'm voting a big fat NO on that. That's letting this bastard win and I like the current name.

As for a "early" release, that's not really true. I've been wanting to release for a while now, but have been waiting for Emon's menu enhancements. We need a release and a website so we can start pimpin' the project on news sites and getting non-moderator submissions.

AS far as those new sabers, they look pretty smart. I'm not sure if it's just me, but they almost look TOO thin! But I think their pretty good anyway. I've got no problem with them being submitted...

Yeah, I thought so too until I zoomed in on the blade in the game. It's pretty damn close to what it looks like in prequel trilogy except that there's not suppose to be a larger hilt emitter glow and the blade is flickering more than it should be.

The original blade looks more like something from the original trilogy. I think it would be pretty cool to allow players to select the "type" of blade (not just the color). I'll add that to the suggestion list. :)

Anyway, I'll email the creators about it.

..and I'll talk to Chris about getting forums ASAP. [/b]

Great.

Ok guys your name swiper is taken care of... Turns out as part of his pack he used a saber hilt that i created completely from scratch.. Well, Jk2files doesnt allow my files to be posted at the moment (which includes packs with my files in them)... So i just made a nice little post in the comments... and today that pack isnt there anymore... Goodluck and Godspeed.

Originally posted by Wudan

*Wudan senses a disturbance in the force.

Kyle: "You always sense a disturbance in the Force."

Anyway, Emon reports that the website is near completion, we just need the OJP webspace account information (Phunk please send it to me and Emon) and to fill out the site with information.

In addition, chairwalker has updated the eopie vehicle model with better animations. You can find it here. I think it looks good enough for release now. :) There's some issues with it, but I think most of it is due to the odd vehicle handling system. We can work on that when we get the SDK. :)

All in favor of adding eopie to OJP's vehicle pack?

All in favor of tagging/bagging our stuff and getting a first release out the door?

Ok ladies, we got another submission! This time it's from TiM with a simple mod that allows the hidden saber hilts to be used in MP.

You can find the file here.

Since noone has commented. I'll just add stuff to the CVS repository unless people complain.

EDIT: I'll still let everyone know that I'm adding stuff of course. :)

Ok, I figured out how to do the player class stuff so I'm working on converting the hoth cold suit (seen in SP) into a body part (with color selection!) in SP or MP.

I've already completed the work for the jedi_hm (human male) and the jedi_zf (zabrak female). All the stuff that has been completed so far is on the repository.

Once I'm done, I'll package up everything in OJP and we can have our first release! I'm guessing that I'll finish sometime tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

In other news, we're making progress on the website. There's a prototype up at a "undisclosed location" but it doesn't actually do anything yet. We'll keep you posted.

And finally, I noticed that this thread seems to have more post than the rest of the forum combined. Admins, we need our own forum!

Ok, I figured out how to do the player class stuff so I'm working on converting the hoth cold suit (seen in SP) into a body part (with color selection!) in SP or MP.

Hoth cold suit is available in MP, I use it :)

Just select a race, and select a head, then select the last torso in the list and the last legs. Then, in the console, type "model" and press enter. One you get what comes out, you'll have something like this: model jedi_hm/head_e1|torso_f1|legs_f1 That's from memory but it should be something like that. Change the letter on the torso/legs to be the next letter in the alphabet and there you have it, hoth cold suit :)

EDIT: Oh, cool :)

• 4 months later...

I dont suppose there is an official OJP Website is there? I think you could probably get funding from the community by asking for donations via PayPal or something.

[edit]

Dam I'm dumb, I remembered I had it bookmarked. I still think it should run under its own power and domain tho

[/edit]

http://www.bluecapacity.com has very reasonable Hosting Rates.

I do alot of editing for JA, though I tend to be critical of myself and have not released hardly any of it. I hope to contribute to the OJP when I have the time to do so.

Woah. old thread. Please use the OJP forums from now on. They are here.

I'm not a webdesign fan so I don't really deal with website stuff. However, I'm against a PayPal account for "donations". We're not suppose to profit from any of this and having people donate money goes against that. Plus, PayPal is just going to jack you over with surcharges anyway.

Archived