Home

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Kurgan

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Greymon

I can't ever seem to get the control cheat to work. Is there a special trick to that? For me its NOT as simple as:

devmapall

npc spawn whomever

control whomever

I've spawned 100 different npcs and control hasnt worked on any of them.

try

npx spawn whomever bot

control bot

this works in the demo

also if you then let them die and use a second person change from bot otherwise you see out of your dead characters eyes

to go back to controlling you , type

control player

Originally posted by Kurgan

I mean who couldn't like something like this?

Geeze... we released that soo long ago... I think it was within the first few months of JO.... or at least the first few months of when I remember playing it. :D

It is old, and it is fairly cobbled (but hey, it was my first skin, so sue me), but from your screen it seems to look well enough. I wouldn't mind releasing it again... if Wes doesn't want to resubmit the 2 pack, I might release the Kyle again in a skin pack I was going to throw together... Might even revamp it a little...

Or not. Depends on time... this did raise a question I've been wondering about, but haven't thought to find out about...

.. is Jan in JA at all? Would seem out of place for her to be missing....

Originally posted by Flashblade

I have got a request. Can I make a custom walk/run toggle key? I hate to either constantly press a key for run or for walk. Thx in advance.

Anyone????

and another thing I want to have the kicks that are lightstaff only for every saber style anyone any idea about that? I mean every Sith just keep kicking me I wanna return the favor!!

Originally posted by BS87

?! These two interest me...

I tried those two, the yoda one was invisible (Referring to a missing model) and the brokenStaff one has a

//FIXME: Add actual brokenstaff model

in the file. Which means, it is just a reborn hilt.

So, someone will have to make a brokenstaff model. Shouldn't be too hard...

EDIT-

Uhoh, I just realised that some NPC files contain multiple npc's meaning that my DOS dir command picked up some bad names... I'll fix later.

You're right about the hidden MP skins. The other (JK2) reborns don't work. Sorry about those (acrobat, fencer, forceuser), I just assumed they would when I saw boss.

Thanks for NPC list from the file, but a few of those don't work, like reborn_twin, etc.

So here's the current list (MP):

\Model <name>

Jawa

Stormtrooper/officer

Imperial/officer

Imperial/commander

Jedi/j2

Reborn/boss

The easiest way is to bring down the console and type:

uimenu charactermenu

That will bring up the character menu and you can change your custom character choices. Once you do that, you can hit next and it brings you to your saber menu, in case you want to change that, too. Just be sure to hit "exit" or "back" (or the "ESC" key a few times) instead of "begin game" or else it will start the game over!

Now, that was the easy way.

But you can also mess with it on the console, which will be a bit more work, but will give you more control over tinting, etc, if you wish:

(NOTE: this will also server as some good basic insight for those modders interested in some insight into playermodels in case they want to make their own).

If you type "playermodel" on the console, you'll see what your current model and skin is. For example:

playermodel jedi_tf head_a4 torso_e1 lower_b1

jedi_tf is your actual model. "tf" means "Twilek Female". Other choices are:

jedi_hm (human male)

jedi_hf (human female)

jedi_rm (rodian male)

jedi_kdm (kel dor male)

jedi_zf (zabrak female)

The other parts, seperated by a space are the skins for, repectively, the head, torso and legs.

In my example, these are:

head_a4

torso_e1

lower_b1

Now, if you were to look in the models/players directory for each of those jedi models listed above, you'll see a .skin file that corresponds to each of those skin choices I just listed. If you look at the names of all of those .skin files, that will give you a list of all the valid skins for your chosen model (I'll list all of these below).

So, to change your model or skins, just type in "playermodel" followed by the model you want to use and the appropriate skins. For example, to switch to the human male model's first skin, you'd type:

playermodel jedi_hm

NOTE: if you change sex, you need to let the game know this so that is uses the proper sounds. To do this, type:

snd jaden_fmle

sex f

If you're switching to a female model or:

snd jaden_male

sex m

If you're switching to a male model.

Finally, you can also mess with your skin/clothing tint (twilek model tints the skin, all other tint the clothing).

To see your current tint, type:

playertint

You should see something like this:

USAGE: playerTint <red 0 - 255> <green 0 - 255> <blue 0 - 255>

playerTint = 255 235 100

The first number is red, the second is green and the last is blue. The valid number ranges are from 0 (absence of this color) to 255 (full brightness for this color).

Setting all three to 0 would tint you black, setting them all to 255 would tint you white. In between that is any color you can think of. The way it works, in general, is this: red+green = yellow, red+blue = purple, green+blue = cyan. Messing with the relative values for each will give you the hue you want, messing with the overall size of the numbers will give you the brightness/darkness you want. To change to, say, a light red, you'd type

playerTint 255 128 128

NOTE: the Twilek skin already has a light green base (you can see what this color is by setting playerTint to 255 255 255), so keep in mind that the playerTint you set on her model will be modifying this base color... for the clothing tints, their base color is grey, so you'll get exactly the color you type in.

For each jedi player model, here are the valid skins for the head, torso and legs:

MODEL:

jedi_hf

HEAD:

head_a1

head_b1

head_c1

TORSO:

torso_a1

torso_b1

torso_c1

torso_d1

torso_e1

torso_f1

torso_g1

LEGS:

lower_a1

lower_b1

lower_c1

lower_d1

lower_e1

MODEL:

jedi_hm

HEAD:

head_a1

head_a2

head_b1

head_b2

head_c1

TORSO:

torso_a1

torso_b1

torso_c1

torso_d1

torso_d2

torso_e1

torso_f1

torso_g1

LEGS:

lower_a1

lower_b1

lower_c1

lower_d1

lower_e1

MODEL:

jedi_kdm

HEAD:

head_a1

head_b1

head_c1

TORSO:

torso_a1

torso_b1

torso_c1

torso_d1

torso_e1

torso_f1

torso_g1

LEGS:

lower_a1

lower_b1

lower_c1

lower_d1

lower_e1

MODEL:

jedi_rm

HEAD:

head_a1

head_b1

head_c1

TORSO:

torso_a1

torso_b1

torso_c1

torso_d1

torso_e1

torso_f1

torso_g1

LEGS:

lower_a1

lower_b1

lower_c1

lower_d1

lower_e1

MODEL:

jedi_tf

HEAD:

head_a1

head_a2

head_a3

head_a4

head_b1

head_b2

head_b3

head_b4

TORSO:

torso_a1

torso_b1

torso_c1

torso_d1

torso_e1

torso_f1

torso_g1

LEGS:

lower_a1

lower_b1

lower_c1

lower_d1

lower_e1

MODEL:

jedi_zf

HEAD:

head_a1

head_b1

head_c1

TORSO:

torso_a1

torso_b1

torso_c1

torso_d1

torso_e1

torso_f1

torso_g1

LEGS:

lower_a1

lower_b1

lower_c1

lower_d1

lower_e1

+set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

ain't working for me :(. The only way I"m getting good dismemberment is g_saberrealisticcombat 9. I tried set g_sabermorerealistic 3, as well as 9 - but nothing - its more like saberrealisticcombat 0 or 1. Am I missing something?

also - has anyone checked the NPC files for dismemberment probabilities to see if that can be changed?

Originally posted by Flashblade

Anyone????

and another thing I want to have the kicks that are lightstaff only for every saber style anyone any idea about that? I mean every Sith just keep kicking me I wanna return the favor!!

Bind [key] "toggle cl_run"

And I quoted the wrong post, but that's the toggle walk command. Now all I want is the command to toggle crouching.

Archived