Home

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Kurgan

Originally posted by Darth-Ra

ok so far all questions i had about using npc models instead of player model and making it appear in cutscenes is nice and dandy, but is there a way to make it appear by default each new level load or save game load, without replacing the actual .glm from jedi_hm, jedi_hf, jedi_tf, jedi_zf, jedi_rm, and jedi_kdm?? Anyone figured it out yet?? :grnlaz:

The player model in cinematics uses the same console cvars as you do when you spawn into a level. So as long as the cvars have the proper values in them, you'll look correct in the cinematics. I think the cvars are g_char_model and g_char_skin? Something like that. And g_char_color_red, g_char_color_blue and g_char_color_green? Obviously, the best way to achieve this is to use the custom player menu to set the proper values and they'll propogate into the game correctly. I'm not sure, exactly, what you have to do to make a new playermodel available, but I'm pretty sure the existance of a valid playerchoice.txt in the directory is what the custom player menu uses to know whether it should list that model as a player model.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jangofett804

I have a question. I want to be able to control all of the models, like Boba Fett, the rancor, etc. but I can't seem to figure out how to do their "special moves" like Boba Fett's jetpack and the rancor and wampa's grabbing moves. I used the "control bot" cheat, but it didn't work.

Well, a lot of the special animations unusual NPCs like the Rancor and Wampa do are completely AI-controlled, they don't go through the normal player-simulating control routines that most of the humanoid NPCs do. Basically, that means you cannot make them do their special attacks. The control an NPC thing was really just supposed to be a neat little gimmick (something thrown in to take advantage of the feature we added in JK2 of being able to remote-control a droid).

But, one piece of good news - you can control Boba Fett's jetpack. All you have to do is hit "jump" while you're in the air (either after running off a ledge or while falling or after you've just jumped). It automatically turns off when you land.

Hi, i was just wondering if there was a possible way of editing the saber block % in Single Player.

I've done some expermenting on blocking with the saber in different stances. For an example, while in a light stance (blue) it is possible to block almost all blaster fire from multiple targets (I used stormtroopers) while moving or running with a saberdefense of 3. While in meduim (yellow) the block rate is slightly reduced, you might be able to block rapidly from at least 2 targets anymore and you probably will get hit. The same applies to Strong, though it makes more sense from the description of the stance. While in red the abbilty to block projectiles is dramaticly reduced.

Oh and a few other questions.

as you change playermodel to most jedi npcs, you are granted some of there defensive skills. for example playermodel desann. Now whenever anyone atempted to use force_grip on me I automaticly force pushed him away. The same applies to Drain as well. I though this was very cool! Its too bad they don't absorb lightning, like some of the big names do.

I'm loving the experiance im getting from JA so far. JA is more editable then JO, and they have delivered the goods. I hope to see the mod list be as extensive as ones made for Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight.

Originally posted by ig64

here are the cheats that i have collected from the forums and in-game

intresting cheats:

cg_debugHealthBars 1: shows health of player and enemies

cg_draw HUD 0: displays HUD

cg_fov: sets field of view

cl_framerate: displays framerate

cg_endcredits 1: displays end credits during gameplay

D_npcfreeze: freezes NPCs

G_saberanimspeed: sets saber combat speed

g_knockback: set scale of npc knockback

g_gravity: sets gravity level

G_speed: sets speed level

g_corpseremovaltime 0: no corpse removal

playermodel: sets player character

playerteam: sets player faction

r_we: sets weather

r_showtris: wireframe

zoom: binoculars

iknowkungfu: fists and 200 force

npcs:

alora

assassin_droid

atst

atst_vehicle

bartender

bespincop

boba_fett

chewie

cultist

cultist_destroyer

cultist_drain

cultist_grip

cultist_lightning

cultist_saber

cultist_saber_powers

cultistcommando

desann

elder

galak

galak_mech

glider

gonk

gran

hazardtrooper

howler

human_merc

impcommander

imperial

impofficer

impworker

interrogator

jan

jawa

jedi

jedi_random

jedif

jedimaster

jeditrainer

kyle

lambdashuttle

lando

luke

mark1

mark2

merchant

minemonster

monmothma

morgankatarn

mouse

noghri

nulldriver

player

prisoner

probe

protocol

protocol_imp

r2d2

r2d2_imp

r5d2

r5d2_imp

ragnos

rancor

rancor_vehicle

rax

rebel

rebel2

reborn

reborn_dual

reborn_new

reborn_staff

reborn_twin

rebornacrobat

rebornboss

rebornchiss

rebornfencer

rebornforceuser

rebornrodian

reborntrandoshan

rebornweequay

reelo

remote

rockettrooper

rockettrooper_w

rockettrooper2

rocks

rodian

rosh_penin

saber_droid

saboteur

saboteurpistol

saboteursniper

sand_creature

seeker

sentry

shadowtrooper

snowtrooper

stcommander

stofficer

stofficeralt

stormpilot

stormtrooper

swamptrooper

swoop

tauntaun

tavion

tavion_new

test

tie-bomber

tie-fighter

trandoshan

tusken

tuskensniper

ugnaught

wampa

wampa_vehicle

weequay

wildtauntaun

x-wing

yt-1300

z-95

alora_dual

GranBoxer

GranShooter

hazardtrooperconcussion

human_merc_* (*= rep flc bow cnc - for other weapons)

lannik_racto (in the human_merc.npc file)

Kyle_boss

rosh_penin_noforce

rosh_dark

Tavion_sith_sword

Tavion_scepter

mutant_rancor

npc list:

/dir ext_data

taunts:

bow

taunt

flourish

gloat

weapons:

echo WP_SCEPTER

echo WP_TUSKEN_STAFF

echo WP_TUSKEN_RIFLE

echo WP_JAWA

echo WP_TURRET

echo WP_BLASTER_PISTOL

echo WP_RAPID_FIRE_CONC

echo WP_TIE_FIGHTER

echo WP_ATST_SIDE

echo WP_ATST_MAIN

echo WP_MELEE

echo WP_BOT_LASER

echo WP_EMPLACED_GUN

echo WP_DET_PACK

echo WP_TRIP_MINE

echo WP_THERMAL

echo WP_CONCUSSION

echo WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER

echo WP_FLECHETTE

echo WP_DEMP2

echo WP_REPEATER

echo WP_BOWCASTER

echo WP_DISRUPTOR

echo WP_BLASTER

echo WP_BRYAR_PISTOL

echo WP_SABER

echo WP_STUN_BATON

echo WP_NULL

saber sith_sword

you can control Boba Fett's jetpack. All you have to do is hit "jump" while you're in the air (either after running off a ledge or while falling or after you've just jumped). It automatically turns off when you land.. [/b]

I did in SP in cheats mode but npc spawn boda_fett can not spawn :(

redword say can not...

and how can I be boda fett and how to turns on jetpack ?

is jump key ?:confused:

I did it in SP playermodel boda_fett

but it become stroomtrooper . :(

why ? I cant npc spawn "boda_fett" & cant play by "boda_fett" too.. please someone tell how ? :o

I am not sure if someone has mentioned this or not, but when using desann my force pull/push is able to override the defenses other dark jedi (more so than any other model that I noticed). Perhaps it's my imagination, but I thought it was neat how I could force jump high into the air and pull up 10 reborn as if they were stormtroopers. :)

I have a question now. I am trying to get the Bryar pistol in SP and I use give weapon_bryar_pistol and it will not let me select it and it isn't in my weapon selection. Anyone know how to get it? I suppose I could just replace the blastech files with the bryar files, but I still want to keep the Blastech the same so that npcs still have it when they are supposed to.

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Well, a lot of the special animations unusual NPCs like the Rancor and Wampa do are completely AI-controlled, they don't go through the normal player-simulating control routines that most of the humanoid NPCs do. Basically, that means you cannot make them do their special attacks. The control an NPC thing was really just supposed to be a neat little gimmick (something thrown in to take advantage of the feature we added in JK2 of being able to remote-control a droid).

But, one piece of good news - you can control Boba Fett's jetpack. All you have to do is hit "jump" while you're in the air (either after running off a ledge or while falling or after you've just jumped). It automatically turns off when you land.

So, would it be possible to create a mod for a custom character model that uses a Fett-like jet pack? And would be possible to set that character model up so that it could use both the jet pack and Force Jump?

I have a question.

How do you do those kind of taunts when using rage or protect?

The reborns do it when using rage, and jedi_random when they use protect.

The pics of them are in JA official website, in gameplay, moves.

I have tried to taunt, gloat, flourish and sit when using rage and protect but nothing happens.

The protect one looks very cool though.

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

The player model in cinematics uses the same console cvars as you do when you spawn into a level. So as long as the cvars have the proper values in them, you'll look correct in the cinematics. I think the cvars are g_char_model and g_char_skin? Something like that. And g_char_color_red, g_char_color_blue and g_char_color_green? Obviously, the best way to achieve this is to use the custom player menu to set the proper values and they'll propogate into the game correctly. I'm not sure, exactly, what you have to do to make a new playermodel available, but I'm pretty sure the existance of a valid playerchoice.txt in the directory is what the custom player menu uses to know whether it should list that model as a player model.

I am not sure I understand :confused:

I did however, achieve the goal of loading completely new models not part of the game into it through the npc spawn and playermodel console commands, the steps follow below:

Well the only way that works in adding new models is not that hard, first i took an .npc file say luke.npc, then I edited it and gave it (in this example, I used a Mara Jade model from JO and made the changes to the npc, named the header of the npc to mara, and the Playermodel tag to the dir /models/players/mara [in this case just mara as in playermodel mara], then altered some of the attributes like force powers light and dark, and health and startup weapons, then saved the file as mara.npc...added it to ext_data/npcs in a new pk3 file, loaded JA, then typed in playermodel mara and it worked).

Edited: I can load this and other models at a new level, and i can't make it load automatic each new level...Also when i do change to npc character model, save the game, then quit, then come back later, load it and it will be without textures...I still don't understand how to avoid these problems..

Well, here's a challenge for you all. I've enabled dismemberment in SP using the desktop shortcut method and parts are flying. The problem is, they're flying a little too easily. Saber fights last seconds and boss fights aren't much longer. Is there any way to keep the dismemberment while toning down the damage? There probably isn't, but it never hurts to ask. :)

Originally posted by AxVegetA

I have a question.

I have tried to taunt, gloat, flourish and sit when using rage and protect but nothing happens.

Ahhhh.............somebody answer this.

I found a new move (maybe some of you alredy know it)

Its a two hand backslash.

You have to do the normal backslash crouched. (crouch+back+atack)

Seems more powerful. Simple.

There is also an helicopter move, you have to press atack when your body is completely upsidedown when you jump back (back+jump+atack)

There are a lot of moves that dont appear in datapad.

Ohh, you can jump while doing a backslash or backstab and it turns into a forward air slash. :rolleyes:

I have seen some reborns do a cartwheel to the left, then to the right, in one move.

And also they do some weird backslash.

And there is also a combo when kicks are enable, you forward kick the enemy and inmediately a ground atack, it never fails and its very very fast.

You have to forward kick (JO kicks) and quickly press forward+jump+atack.

And please somebody answer this.

Originally posted by AxVegetA

I have a question.

Archived