Home

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Kurgan

hey can someome post an easy way to turn on the g_sabermorerealistic command since it's "write protected". I tired to put it into the target line of the jasp.exe like Kurgan had suggested but all it did was dismember me when I died, everyone else just died normally.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet (it's a big thread :))...

One thing about g_sabermorerealistic on the command line: It works, but not when you start a new game. Starting a new game turns off and write-protects that variable again.

Not a big deal though. Just quicksave immediately after starting, quit the game, and restart. When you load that quicksave, it will be on again.

The method I described works for me in Win98se. I don't have WinXP so people with that may have to modify the method a bit (something about putting the commands outside the quotes or something of that nature).

But it DOES work.

From what I understand the Ship combat was simply not up to the standard they wished it to be when the game shipped. So they must simply have run out of time and locked off portions of their work as easter eggs.

Is there a way to change the size of the saber? I know you can use the desann saber but it would be cool if you could customize it even more

Hehehe, yet another place i can "flase advertise" my guide. :D

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113141

Well it will guide you in the right way, what you'd need to do is decide what hilt you want, and create a new .sab file with the new infomation to tell the game how big you want the blade. :)

For all of you who wish to use the sith scepter, grab the hilt pack from: JediLords.com or get the BMF SP SaberMod (has a nice script to cycle through different sabers including the sith scepter and sword, and some other sabers too) and JK3 Final Hilt Pack (6 megs and no script cyling). Hope this solves your problem.

On another note, the way I have dismemberment set up is add a line in autoexec.cfg (create it if you didn't already do):

You probably better off adding

devmapall and

helpusobi 1

followed by:

set g_dismemberProbabilities "100"

set g_dismemberment "3"

set g_sabermorerealistic "2"

[pick the disired values for the 3 above lines, be careful though with dismemberment]

also adding the command line to the shortcut:

"<DRIVE>:\<Location of Jedi Academy>\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

I believe this might work best, but at least it works for me on XP; try one or both and test which of those 2 methods works best... :clap2::thmbup1:

yes well, all this dismemberment sure is fun, however I hereby repost the problem of killing saber-wielding enemies in 2-3 hits...

while normal foes seem to have as much hp as w/o dismemberment, it surely ruins fights against reborn & the like....

solution, anyone ?

I just went into the npc files for all the reborn and cultists and increased their health points. Play arround with it yourself but at about 600 to 800 they can take about as many hits with dismemberment on as they do with normal health and dismemberment off.

Playing around with my personal mod and made some cool things that you all might like. You know how in the cultist.saberist.npc there are like 7 different styles of saberists like saber med throw, saber strong, saber strong throw stuff like that. Well I added Dooku in there as cultist saber throw med, changed the settings for that style to make it more like Dooku. It has a line saberstyle 3 which I changed to saber style 6 :) the saber styles are 1= blue 2= yellow 3=red 4=med fast 5 =strong fast 6 =dual and 7=staff.

I changed his style to 6 but left him with one saber so when he fights he twirls the saber around his head and swings from the wrist much more which looks just how he fought in the movie. The best part was when I was playing on level vjun2 where you're chasing alora to find rosh, the second last cut sceen where Alora taunts you and there is a cultist that walks slowly into the sceen as she takes off, well it was Dooku :) And that was the only part of the level where they spawned that npc so it was fully like Dooku was a character meant to be in there.

Anyone wanting to add there own models and change characters in the game really should open all the .npc files and play with em. Tis very cool the things you can do.

I have a question someone might be able to help me with. If I wanted to add Darth Vader into the game as a whole new character (not replacing a skin) is it possible to make a new .npc file say vader.npc and if I put in all the info for him like modelname, saber, forceuse, team class all of the stuff that you find in the other .npc files would I then be able to do the 'npc spawn vader' and have vader spawn? I guess I'll just try it and see what happens but I thought I'd see if anyone knew if it would work first. Cheers all.

Oh yeah I saw someone ask if you could change saber length, yes you can just go into the sabers,sab and you'll see a line saberscale 40 just increase or decrease that number to change the size of the saber.

Originally posted by peloquin

I just went into the npc files for all the reborn and cultists and increased their health points. Play arround with it yourself but at about 600 to 800 they can take about as many hits with dismemberment on as they do with normal health and dismemberment off.

Good idea. I'll give that a shot. Of course, that puts the player at a decided disadvantage against saber-wielders in general since enemies will still kill you with one good shot. Guess I'll just have to be that much more careful against them. Thanks for the idea!

In the long run, I'm hoping to come across a way to regulate the damage, but for now that'll work. Anyone happen to know which file(s) saber damage values are stored in so I can do a bit of experimenting?

Originally posted by Darth-Ra

For all of you who wish to use the sith scepter, grab the hilt pack from: JediLords.com or get the BMF SP SaberMod (has a nice script to cycle through different sabers including the sith scepter and sword, and some other sabers too) and JK3 Final Hilt Pack (6 megs and no script cyling). Hope this solves your problem.

On another note, the way I have dismemberment set up is add a line in autoexec.cfg (create it if you didn't already do):

You probably better off adding

devmapall and

helpusobi 1

followed by:

set g_dismemberProbabilities "100"

set g_dismemberment "3"

set g_sabermorerealistic "2"

[pick the disired values for the 3 above lines, be careful though with dismemberment]

also adding the command line to the shortcut:

"<DRIVE>:\<Location of Jedi Academy>\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

I believe this might work best, but at least it works for me on XP; try one or both and test which of those 2 methods works best... :clap2::thmbup1:

Your links do not work for me.:(

Hey if anybody has got they're hands on an Entity list for JA, I'd really appreciate them e-mailing it to me (I'm betting you have one Chang but I don't know if your allowed to send it out :().

Or better yet, if you can answer this up front:

What is the "Give" cheat for getting the E-Web turret inventory item?

Ok guys, something for you to chew on.

I've been trying for the past two days, since reading about swapping player models and such, to get a face-on screenshot of the model i'm now using to play MP with (rebornboss). Since I can't get the "thereisnospoon" effect to work in MP, I decided to try in SP, since the model works there as well.

Here's my problem. The saber I use in MP is the double saber (staff), blue blades, last hilt in the list (always forget the name). When I try to change my Jaden model to the Rebornboss, it gives a single saber, apparently the one actually used by the NPC. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to change his saber to the same one I use for MP. I can get the Desann saber and some of the other "special" ones to work, but not the plain old saber staff. Any ideas on how I can do this? Or can it NOT be done?

Actually though, probably an easier method would be if the 'thereisnospoon' effect worked in MP, that way I wouldn't have to worry about all this saber business.

Any ideas?

**Edit**

BTW, I'm trying to make a desktop image out of all this. I know, I'm nerdy like that.

I need help on changing player models in SP mode so they also change in the cutscenes. I typed in "g_char_model (name of model)" in game and it worked to change the character in the cutscene except it's only the outline of the character. No color, just basically gray all over. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Also, through an accident my character ended up with a single saber in left hand and a saber staff in right, made for some cool screenshots but I can't figure out a way to make it happen again, anyone know?

Originally posted by Tesla

You need to type Saber Dual_5 , that will get you your staff saber again, but it may come out a different color (the blades), so either do the sabercolor 1 blue blue cheat or do the saber dual_5 code again until you reach blue blades. :)

Wow, Tesla, it worked! Now if I could only make the camera move a little lower when it swings around. Heh. Thanks.

Archived