Home

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Kurgan

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by WaR_ShArK_aX

Hey if anybody has got they're hands on an Entity list for JA, I'd really appreciate them e-mailing it to me (I'm betting you have one Chang but I don't know if your allowed to send it out :().

Or better yet, if you can answer this up front:

What is the "Give" cheat for getting the E-Web turret inventory item?

Lil help plz? :<

Originally posted by The_Cheese

seems like he took a screencap of the background, blurred it and then put the reborn over top.

Actually, it's what Trikshot said. I used the lasso tool in Photoshop to select the reborn, inverted the selection, and used the radial blur tool (set to zoom) to create the effect. Though now that I've given out my big secret, I'll have to think of something else to do. LOL.

mikamu, my game has room now! ; )

Yeah for a bit there I had too many bots in, but that's fixed now. Still it's been a popular server with forum people, so you're all welcome to join! (see the current IP in my signature).

The dismemberment thing is posted earlier in this thread (use the shortcut with +commands method, it works best, trust me).

And now another awesome trick somebody found in another thread:

Originally posted by Master William

Man, look what I found...

Have you sometimes wanted to get a certain color for your character, but you notice it isn't there?

Well now you can get it, with the use of these three commands...

char_color_red

char_color_blue

char_color_green

I really don't know exactly how to tell you to use them, but after a minute I managed to get the green color with my usual character... Which normally isn't even a color to pick to begin with.

As I know, you can type in numbers like 300, or 200.

Experiment for yourself and see if you find your favorite color, and then you can perhaps bind it to a key.

Everyone can see your color.

I also managed to color myself into a black Twi'Lek once! :eek:

Here is some pics of me in green, which without these commands wouldn't work... And best of all, everyone else can see you having it, so it's not a 'skin' thing.

Everyone can see it... Same thing goes for this screenshots I took, I guess...

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/williamzelda4/shot0321.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/williamzelda4/shot0332.jpg

Remember to enlarge them (I forgot how, but they tend to minimize and makes it all look ugly, but click on the screenshot once, and wait for this icon in the down right corner to appear, click it and the image will be resized to its original size)

Originally posted by Sabre9

Yeah, I've been using it for a while to... valid numbers for all 3 variables are 0-255... However, I was not able to get black clothing, so I figured it wouldn't work for the Twi'Lek either, but it sounds like I was wrong...

NVShacker, the playertint command works for single player only, the char_color_red etc cmd's are for changing the color in multiplayer.

As an addition to the char_color_X command, the console command for changing the custom models in MP ('playermodel' is for SP only) would be:

model jedi_<race&sex>/<head>|<torso>|<legs>

example: model jedi_tf/head_b2|torso_f1|lower_a1

is a twilek female in a black leather outfit

Changing the custom model via console isn't very user friendly (why use the console, when one can access the menu just as easy) - so the above is something for players who might want to bind several custom models to keys via script or so.

the different custom-models, heads, torsos and lower sections where listed by ChangKhan[RAVEN] in the

Question about customization...-thread

Originally posted by dragon457

Actually, it's what Trikshot said. I used the lasso tool in Photoshop to select the reborn, inverted the selection, and used the radial blur tool (set to zoom) to create the effect. Though now that I've given out my big secret, I'll have to think of something else to do. LOL.

I happen to be in a Photoshop class (as I type this;)), I'll have to try that.

ack, im stuck in a EOD-Comp Graphics class but its a freshman level class (im a junior) and its so easy boring. What makes it worse is that its Elements and not full photoshop (ahem, elements is horrible elements is horrible elements is horrible elements is horrible elements is horrible elements is horrible).

The only reason im taking it is because i really do have to learn photoshop. I completely skipped 2d graphics on my way to 3d stuff with programs like POV-Ray (ray-tracing) and blender if you've heard of them. Besides, its good to know how to touch up my images post-rendering.

heh, sorry about the OT but just read photoshop and had to rant.

hi

I know this is off topic but regarding photoshop, did you know that John Knoll, the special effects guy on Star Wars (and thats why we are all here) actually wrote photoshop! and photoshop was originally owned by LucasFilm and was sold to Adobe..!!!

John Knoll is always credited in the About Photoshop splash screen, On version 7 hes listed under "gone but not forgotten" you have to wait a while but check it out if youre bored.

Star Wars gets everywhere.

Fantastic thread and fantastic game by the way and sorry for slightly off topic.

Originally posted by ig64

but, i guess now ill just find something else to do, so dont worry about t

You can probably just make a surface file for one of the models (so it turns the model's head surfaces off).

Anyway, for anything that would prefer better saber dueling in SP I recommend the following.....

HelpUsObi 1

Turn on cheat mode.

g_saberanimspeed .5

Slows down the saber attack animations by 50%. Trust me, this makes the saber duels MUCH, MUCH better. I'm surprised Raven didn't do this in the first place. There are some downsides however:

1. The yellow single saber special doesn't really work correctly. The animation goes too slow and the camera flips out when you try it.

2. The saberlock kills often doesn't work. The loser regains control before you can complete the animation and kill him. On the plus side, it's not a big deal and it looks cool when your opponent dives out of the way of a fatal strike.

3. The saber staff wielders in the last few levels are tuff to beat. Unfortunately, it looks like Raven made the last level dual/staff dark jedi have faster saber swings than the earlier levels. That coupled with the way the later level AI spams the saber twirls makes them very tricky to beat.

Anyway, if you decide to go thru the game with the saber animation speed turned down, I suggest you use the single saber thru the whole game for the full experience. It's totally worth it. :)

FYI, I've found that the Blue Stance works best on Red single saberers and dual saberers. The Red Stance works best on double saberers and Yellow Stance works on everything else. :)

To return the saber speeds to normal, just use g_saberanimspeed 1. The cvar is a simple fractional scaler. 1 is 100% normal speed.

g_corpseRemovalTime 0

Makes corpses never vanish. However, dead bodies that have collided with the skybox don't disappear when this is turned on. It looks a little weird but it's minor.

sv_fps [i]whateveryouraverageframerateis[/i]

This will speed up the number of times the game updates the "world" objects. This improves saber/weapon hit detection. To have the most accurate sabers possible, I suggest you set this to your average framerate. Any higher than that and you wouldn't see any difference. This might cause a slight fps drop but I've never had any major fps loss because of it. However, in the demo, I know that one of the cutscenes locked up the game when sv_fps wasn't set to 20. Keep that in mind if you suddenly have problems with cutscenes or other lock ups.

I've also noticed that dropped sabers/gibs sometimes seem to jiggle in place if sv_fps is not set to 20.

g_saberAutoAim 0

This disables SP's saber "auto aim". Basically, it tries to pick the right attack swing to hit nearby opponents. I don't like it because it ends up giving you weird swings instead of the swing you were trying for.

EDIT: Added g_saberAutoAim to the list.

EDIT2: More info about g_saberanimspeed + sv_fps

EDIT3: Info on how to turn sabers back to normal speed; explain the way the g_saberanimspeed scale works.

you probably typed it in wrong.

When you type in "g_corpseremovaltime" (no number), it should give you the current value of the cvar and the default value. If it doesn't, you screwed up. :D Dispite what others have stated, I've found that putting "/" before your command/cvar screws things up in SP. Try it with and without the "/".

Originally posted by razorace

g_saberanimspeed .5

Slows down the saber attack animations by 50%. Trust me, this makes the saber duels MUCH, MUCH better. I'm surprised Raven didn't do this in the first place.

Wow, this looks really interesting. I'll definitely have to play around with this. Thanks razorace :)

Archived