Home

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Kurgan

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you say the word "cheats" to some gamers, they get confused, and think you mean some weird form of "hacking" where you join public games and do amazing incredible things that you aren't supposed to do and totally ruin the game for everyone who was only there to compete.

When in reality, most of the time "cheats" refer to stuff you can mess around with in SINGLE PLAYER for fun. See, the developers of games purposely put cheats into games to aide with testing, so they don't have to play every single inch of the game to get to the spot they want, or to see what would happen if you do X or Y, etc.

But, since they are so much fun to mess around with, they often leave these in the game as "easter eggs" for gamers to mess with.

In JK2/JA, like all Q3 engine games, you can host a game with cheats enabled. In the case of JA, this means everyone can type in god mode and spawn objects like crazy if they want to. This often ends with the game crashing from too many spawns, but still.

It's impossible to have a "real game" when cheats are on, but who cares, they're for fun. Yet, some people just don't understand that and assume talking about "cheats" is akin to hijacking real games. They're not the same thing at all, and not even remotely connected.

Originally posted by wildjedi

Is there a cheat to kill off a specific NPC? I know 'npc kill all', but if there are friendly NPCs, I don't really want to off. Is there a cheat for just one enemy NPC?

Use the same thing, just substitute the character's name. Most of the time it will be obvious, like 'npc kill lando' to kill him. I personally haven't tried this in Academy, but there's no reason why it shouldn't be the same as in Outcast...

Okay, no, I don't have it, but here's something we haven't gotten yet...

The definitive list of "stuff" (items) you can spawn using the "spawn" command in Jedi Academy (or even Outcast for that matter).

Notice EVERY list of cheats everywhere has the spawn <item> command listed, but NO LIST OF ITEMS YOU CAN SPAWN.

Now sure, you'll say, who cares how to spawn a shield pickup when you can just "give armor" or why spawn health when you can type "give health" or "undying," etc.

However, for completeness sake, and if you're playing Coop or something and just need a pickup or two (rather than a full blown throw-all-challenge-to-the-wind-blowout-cheat-fest) to move things along, this would really come in handy.

So, anyone have it? Anyone up to finding out and posting?

Once we get such a list put together, I'll merge it into the "Not Enough Customization" thread sticky.

Good hunting...

A good question. To press it further, what is the syntax for spawning said items? For example, the syntax for spawning NPCs is

npc spawn <name>

To spawn a vehicle it is

npc spawn vehicle <name>

What is the syntax for spawning non-NPC objects?

Item spawn winninglotteryticket......

........rats!

/give {item}

I'd imagine /give medkit or something

npc spawn {character}- spawn character list below.

alora

alora_dual

assassin_droid

atst

atst_vehicle

bartender

bespincop

boba_fett

chewie

cultist

cultist_destroyer

cultist_drain

cultist_grip

cultist_lightning

cultist_saber

cultist_saber_2

cultist_saber_throw

cultist_saber_med

cultist_saber_med2

cultist_saber_med_throw

cultist_saber_med_throw2

cultist_saber_strong

cultist_saber_strong2

cultist_saber_strong_throw

cultist_saber_strong_throw2

cultist_saber_all

cultist_saber_all2

cultist_all_throw

cultist_all_throw2

cultist_saber_powers

cultistcommando

desann

elder

elder2

galak

galak_mech

glider

gonk

gran

gran2

granboxer

granshooter

hazardtrooper

hazardtrooperconcussion

hazardtrooperofficer

howler

human_merc

human_merc_bow

human_merc_key

human_merc_rep

human_merc_flc

human_merc_cnc

larnic_racto

impcommander

imperial

impofficer

impworker

impworker2

impworker3

interrogator

jan

jawa

jawa_armed

jedi

jedi_hf1

jedi_hf2

jedi_hm1

jedi_hm2

jedi_kdm1

jedi_kdm2

jedi_rm1

jedi_rm2

jedi_tf1

jedi_tf2

jedi_zf1

jedi_zf2

jedi_random

jedif

jedimaster

jeditrainer

kyle

lambdashuttle

lando

luke

mark1

mark2

merchant

minemonster

monmothma

morgankatarn

mouse

noghri

nulldiver

player

prisoner

probe

protocol

protocol_imp

r2d2

r2d2_imp

ragnos

rancor

rancor_mutant

rancor_vehicle

rax

rebel

rebel2

reborn

reborn_dual

reborn_new

reborn_staff

reborn_twin

rebornmaster

rebornmasterstaff

rebornmasterdual

ukothos

dkothos

rebornacrobat

rebornboss

rebornchiss

rebornfencer

rebornforceuser

rebornrodian

reborntrandoshan

rebornweequy

reelo

remote

remote_sp

rockettrooper

rockettrooper_w

rockettrooper2

rocks

rodian

rodian2

rosh_penin

rosh_penin_noforce

rosh_dark

saber_droid

saber_droid_training

saboteur

saboteurcommando

saboteurpistol

saboteursniper

sand_creature

sand_creature_fast

seeker

sentry

shadowtrooper

snowtrooper

stcommander

stofficer

stofficeralt

stormpilot

stormtrooper

stormtrooper2

swamptrooper

swamptrooper2

swoop

tauntaun

tavion

tavion_new

tavion_sith_sword

tavion_scepter

test

tie-bomber

tie-fighter

trandoshan

tusken

tuskensniper

ugnaught

wampa

wampa_vehicle

weequay

weequay2

weequay3

weequay4

wildtauntaun

x-wing

yt-1300

z-95

kyle_boss

npc spawn vehicle {vehicle}

swoop

atst_vehicle

lambdashuttle

rancor_vehicle

swoop

swoop_cin

swoop_mp

swoop_mp2

swoop_red

tauntaun

template

tie-bomber

tie-bomber2

wampa_vehicle

wildtauntaun

x-wing

yt-1300

z-95

taken from http://www.pcgameworld.com/cheat.php/id/3146/Jedi_Outcast_Cheats/

ammo_blaster

ammo_emplaced

ammo_force

ammo_metallic_bolts

ammo_powercell

ammo_rockets

ammo_thermal

ammo_tripmine

holocron_force_grip

holocron_force_heal

holocron_force_levitation

holocron_force_lightning

holocron_force_pull

holocron_force_push

holocron_force_saberthrow

holocron_force_speed

holocron_force_telepathy

item_bacta

item_battery

item_binoculars

item_datapad

item_enviro

item_goodie_key

item_la_goggles

item_medpack_instant

item_security_key

item_seeker

item_sentry_gun

item_shield_lrg_instant

item_shield_sm_instant

misc_atst_drivable

weapon_atst_main

weapon_atst_side

weapon_blaster

weapon_botwelder

weapon_bowcaster

weapon_bryar_pistol

weapon_demp2

weapon_det_pack

weapon_disruptor

weapon_emplaced_gun

weapon_flechette

weapon_melee

weapon_repeater

weapon_repid_concussion

weapon_rocket_launcher

weapon_saber

weapon_stun_baton

weapon_thermal

weapon_trip_mine

weapon_turret

Jedispy's list seems accurate. I figured that you can see items "as they spawn" and their names when you run a dedicated server window (run a CTF map or FFA for example).

However, the question is how to SPAWN them.

"Giving" them is one thing, but if, say you were using Siege or Jedi vs. Merc and cheating, it wouldn't work out if you just wanted to spawn stuff that could only be used by certain classes.

For example a Jedi who cannot use shields. If you were to "give" him a shield pickup, he'd have 25 shields added to his total. But that's different than spawning a shield item (which he'd theoretically be unable to pick up).

So the question remains how to actually generate these items, or if it's simply not possible with cheats (and you need to edit a map to do it).

Btw, can somebody tell me which basejka .MAP files have been release for Jedi Academy?

Originally posted by Maxstate

i'm a little slow, so what you're telling me is this guy thinks im some cheating MP scumbag?

LOL you know what this guy is a total retard:p

Thnx and sorry for the off-topic

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he thinks.

Not many gamers are such strict purists that they demand other people not mess around with cheats in a single player game for fun.

Sure thing. I've never tried editing the Q3 engine (beyond a few simple manipulations of pk3 files), but I'd love to try sometime. I honestly haven't done any serious editing with a commercial game since JK/MotS (but that was a lot of fun).

The trouble is having the time to do it. The best thing you could do is compile a step by step document on the subject (or send me a list of links and the tools I need) and email this to me at kurgan@qwest.net.

Then I could see to it at my leisure. ; )

Anyway, I posted this thinking that perhaps there was a simple way to spawn pickup items through cheats. Maybe there isn't...

I don't know if you can spawn stuff without cheats, but you can edit a map file. The thing is, one of Raven's maps would take hours to compile... I would assume. I mean... there complex.

About decompiling: While you can decompile the map, it loses information, like lights and other stuff. Models become brushes (which I think will alter the FPS...) not to mention, sometimes complex brushes (like a strange geometric shap) will deform and look messed up.

Try typing this command in SP/MP to see what a map looks like without light: r_fullbright 1.

As for the maps released:

CFT4

Dual8

FFA5

Siege_hoth

These are sample maps, so I don't know if they are complete or not.

Well in single player I was able to type spawn item_battery and it worked. A battery appeared in front of my player.

I then tested it on weapon_demp2. It worked. I guess the syntax is just:

devmapall

spawn <target>

Of course I don't think this is what you are looking for.

I tried to spawn weapon_emplaced_gun, but it didn't work the same way. It made it so that I fire emplaced gun firepower. Killed me almost instantly because I was standing next to a wall. I guess there's some nasty recoil on that.

I want to know how to decompile .bsp into .map too.

Okay, so you're saying the SPAWN codes for items work more or less in SP, but not in MP.

I basically was hoping to spawn them in MP with cheats, but I guess that's not possible yet.

Thanks though...

The SP list should be good for the "Not Enough Customization" thread and I'll merge this in there shortly.

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

Use the same thing, just substitute the character's name. Most of the time it will be obvious, like 'npc kill lando' to kill him. I personally haven't tried this in Academy, but there's no reason why it shouldn't be the same as in Outcast...

That never worked for me, even in JO.

• 4 months later...

:D OK i have been looking and it seems like no know knows how to fire any of the vehicles for SP and MP. Well I belive i found out how. Ok here it goes. For MP go into a map and enable cheats by using the devmap <map name here w/o the ">"> then load up your vehicle by doing cmd npc spawn vehicle "vehicle you want to spawn". now get into it and push "1". This will disable your lightsaber. Now push the left mouse button or your "fire" button and fire away. so lets go through this. EX:

I load up CTF2. Then i push "Shift + Tab". Then i enter devmap mp/ctf2. Now i have Cheats Enabled. the i do "Shift + Tab" again and enter cmd npc spawn vehicle tie-bomber. I enter the vehicle and push "1" to disable my lightsaber. and i push the "Fire" button to fire away!. Understand. Now its the same way for single player instead you do the devmapall and don't use cmd. The only thing left is to find out how to fly the vehicle in MP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived