Home

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Kurgan

You can change dismemberment probabilities in the npc files individually, but the effect is slight. You pretty much have to hit the seams exactly to get anything to cut off, although it is slightly better. I haven't been able to get dismemberment work by any of the other ways suggested either.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some NPCs they may have been metioned before,

tavion_new (The new Sexy Tavion :p)

rosh_dark (The dark side Rosh)

tavion (Unsexy JK2 Tavion :p)

desann

boba_fett (He's either invincible or i didn't have the time to kill him)

The old JK2 dismemberment command works for me, you just have to wait a while or go to the next level for it to work. ;)

Anyone found out the code for the Septher, so i can use it. ?

All found cheats by Godsjedi from http://jk3files2.tripod.com also http://www.ign.com Cheat List

When playing game hold and press [shift] and [~] together and type "devmapall" to bypass cheat protection then type these cheats below:

• god: God mode

• noclip: No clipping mode

• notarget: Invisibility

• give all: Gives everything

• give health: Gives health

• give armor: Gives armor

• give ammo: Gives ammo

• undying: Dead Mode on

• kill: Kills yourself

• quit: Quit game

• shaderlist: Show shaders

Originally posted by Reprehence

+set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

ain't working for me :(. The only way I"m getting good dismemberment is g_saberrealisticcombat 9. I tried set g_sabermorerealistic 3, as well as 9 - but nothing - its more like saberrealisticcombat 0 or 1. Am I missing something?

also - has anyone checked the NPC files for dismemberment probabilities to see if that can be changed?

place the following:

set g_sabermorerealistic "2"

set g_dismemberProbabilities "100"

set g_dismemberment "3"

in an autoexec.cfg, and keep it in the shortcut command line as well, you can add devmapall to autoexec.cfg as well...Just in case, you can place devmapall on a line in autoexec.cfg, followed be helpusobi 1 on another, and devmapall again (sometimes it screws up and cheats are not enabled)

or place the following:

seta g_sabermorerealistic "2"

seta g_dismemberProbabilities "100"

seta g_dismemberment "3"

in your jaconfig.cfg

hope this info helps. :)

Originally posted by Tesla

So in the custom options when picking Tw'liek the color options for the skin are basically the same as the color options for say Human Male clothes, or can are they different, if they are can we change the skin color of a Human Male to bright Red ?

They're different for each model - they're defined in the playerchoice.txt in each model's directory (the existance of that file, btw, is what tells the game that that model is a customizable player model that you should be able to choose from in the character model customization menu).

You cannot tint the skin color of any race other than the Twilek (unless you want to mess with the skin files for the other models and make the skin tintable rather than the clothes, using the Twilek as an example). You *can* also just paint a new skin for the other models with a different skin tone (or different features altogether, whatever you like).

just a note about "devmapall". "devmapall" is just a variation on the "devmap" command which loads a map with cheats enabled. There's no reason to type "devmapall". The "all" on it just tells the game to reload *all* the assets fresh, to not use the cached models, skins, sounds, textures, bsp file, etc. If you're not changing assets and reloading a map, don't use devmapall because it will just make your load times longer. "devmap" will work just fine.

Also, technically, you don't need to type "devmap" to enable cheats. You can load a map or savegame, then type "helpusobi 1" to enable cheats.

Ah somebody from Raven. I have got a question. Why didn't you make the staffstyle kicks available for every saber "class" in single player since every npc (Jedi & Sith) can kick being every Saber class! I mean balancing is not really an issue right? I would understand that not everybody gets them in Multi!

Can you tell me how I can enable it for every class in single player?

By the way thx Durocha :)

Originally posted by Flashblade

I get an error message when I try that!

Warning: Menus_ActivateByName:Unable to find menu 'charactermenu'

Ah, yes, it seems it doesn't actually work when you're in the level, crap. Guess you have to do it the hard way! :/

EDIT: okay, there is a way to be able to access that menu in-game, but I don't recommend it because it will *always* load that menu when you load a level and, thereby, increase your loading time. But, if you MUST have it, you can do this:

extract the ui.menus.txt and ui/ingame.txt from the .pk3 file into your base folder. Then, open the menus.txt and copy the line with the ui/character.menu reference and paste that into the ingame.txt (before the final "}").

Now you can type this to bring up the character menu in-game:

uimenu charactermenu

Make your selections, then hit next, then go back to the game. You'll notice you still look the same. The game needs to get the new custom look from the menu, to do this, type:

playermodel player

This tells the game to re-initialize the player model from the menu cvars.

Now, again, I don't recommend this - this makes the game load extra stuff when loading a map, but if you *must* have it, go for it... :)

Ah somebody from Raven. I have got a question. Why didn't you make the staffstyle kicks available for every saber "class" in single player since every npc (Jedi & Sith) can kick being every Saber class! I mean balancing is not really an issue right? I would understand that not everybody gets them in Multi!

Can you tell me how I can enable it for every class in single player?

By the way thx Durocha :)

Because it balances the sabers. :)

Because the staff is a short-range weapon.

Because you can't throw the staff.

Because staff style is more acrobatic (like Darth Maul throwing kicks in with ease in Ep. 1).

Because you kick with alt-fire and throw the saber with alt-fire, so we would have had to add another button just for kicking.

You can type "iknowkungfu" to get the "melee" weapon (bare hands) and that lets you punch with primary fire, kick with alt-fire and grab and throw people if you hit both fire buttons at once (the type of throw depends on whether you're pressing forward, backward or neither).

ChangKhan can I ask you why you removed the destroyer siege map that was shown in a picture from a magazine a while back? The nav file for the map is still in there and there's alot of references to it in several files. The map seemed really awesome since you could fly ships in it and all.

Maybe you're planning to include the map in a future patch?

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Because you can't throw the staff.

Oho do I know more than you? :D That is actually not true you CAN throw the staff all you have to do for this is to press the change stance key the second blade will be deactivated and than you can throw the staff ;)

But thanks for the melee weapon code that sounds interesting Ive got to try that :)

And another thing thank you very much for taking alot of time in the forums today!

Oho do I know more than you? :D That is actually not true you CAN throw the staff all you have to do for this is to press the change stance key the second blade will be deactivated and than you can throw the staff ;)

Ahh, but then its not a staff. It is a single blade, stuck on the medium style :p

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

EDIT: okay, there is a way to be able to access that menu in-game, but I don't recommend it because it will *always* load that menu when you load a level and, thereby, increase your loading time. But, if you MUST have it, you can do this:

extract the ui.menus.txt and ui/ingame.txt from the .pk3 file into your base folder. Then, open the menus.txt and copy the line with the ui/character.menu reference and paste that into the ingame.txt (before the final "}").

Now you can type this to bring up the character menu in-game:

uimenu charactermenu

Make your selections, then hit next, then go back to the game. You'll notice you still look the same. The game needs to get the new custom look from the menu, to do this, type:

playermodel player

This tells the game to re-initialize the player model from the menu cvars.

Now, again, I don't recommend this - this makes the game load extra stuff when loading a map, but if you *must* have it, go for it... :)

This is not working as well. I still get the same error message. I hope you take a look at this thread again. Uhm when I extracted the files they were in ui folder should they stay in this folder in base folder???

whatever you can throw the staff if needed. Does it matter that only one blade is active? Not for me!

Another thing dang muhahahaha this melee mode is ultra fun. Wanna return the favor when Kyle kicks punches and throws you around with iknowkungfu you can. You have the same moves available :D

This is not working as well. I still get the same error message. I hope you take a look at this thread again. Uhm when I extracted the files they were in ui folder should they stay in this folder in base folder???

They should be in base/ui

I haven't tried this with the retail version, just our local build here that we develop with... perhaps it doesn't work with .pk3 files? Maybe it's reading the .pk3 version of the ingame.txt instead of the one you extracted? Where is it located and what are it's contents (after you edited it)?

I know the playermodel can be used to select either componants for a custom character or one of the NPCs as the model for the player. But I am wondering what the best way is to use a custom model as the player.

The only way I see to do it so far is to create a .npc file containing information about the model, desired lightsaber, and so on. Is using the playermodel command this way the best way to use a custom model for the player?

I am also wondering about getting different lightsaber stances. In JO, simply setting the saber offense to 3 was enough to get the blue, yellow, and red stances. This doesn't seem to be the case in JA. I am not sure how the settings in the .npc file affect the lightsaber abilities of the character. How can I set the game up so I can use certain lightsaber stances? For example, a player that can use blue, yellow, and red?

Finally, it seems that using playermodel <NPC> gives the character the abilities of the NPC selected. Is this solely based on the .npc file? What would I have to do so that I can only use the model and not any abilities of the npc?

Thanks for any help :)

Archived