Home

saber blocking gone wrong?

lilJedi

hey, I notice the animations are a bit different than they were in JO. now in JA your character swings his saber a little more and moves a little more when deflecting shots with the saber. almost like how the jedi's in the movie bat away shots like they are playing baseball which I think is cool and somewhat funny.

in JO once you reached level 3 saber defense you could block endless amount of blaster shots from endless amount of enemy in front you.

in the demo, playing the level where your core force abilities have been maxed out...(the jedi in a tomb level) your saber defense is at level 3, but i found that one guy shooting at you with a blaster from any distance, some of the shots get through.....

is this right? is this a quirk...is the force level reading wrong for that level?? is this how it should be now for JA? i know hes a student but he does increase in skill, and in this particular demo level as i have said he has saber d as 3....whats up with this?

I think they did it on purpose. Probably to balance guns vs saber a bit better. After all, it does look a bit awkward for the player to simply extend their saber out and automatically block everything 100% successfully in a 1ft radius around the saber without moving as in JO.

Well it seems a bit more logical... Do you see the Jedi in the movies blocking every blaster bolt 100% of the time (seemed like the instance in JO. Even when a person is say, 10 ft in front and firing the alt fire of the E-11, very rarely are the bolts let through)? Look at them fighting in the Geonosian arena... Many were killed there...

Archived