Home

Version 1.0.0.0 BUGS: List all bugs/errors (incl. your specs, error msg etc.)

mariners2001

So far...I've run into an amazingly annoying bug in the very first level. Without any spoilers...I'll just say my companion on the journey keeps killing himself. I jump across a ledge and he follows but when he lands he immediately dies and the mission ends. Over and over and over again.....this is really sad and hope there is a solution fast because this is the VERY beginning of the freakin' game. lol.

So post any other bugs here and I'll update if I find anymore (if I get to advance at all :mad: )

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda

i believe that ChangKhan from Raven has said that this error comes from trying to join a server that is running the leaked beta and not the full game.

Yep, that's what i heard. Different version = different folder

Yes, Zer0L0giC from raven was in #jediknight tonight and told us the "invalid game folder" error may occur in 2 cases:

1. leaked version client joining a 'legit' server.

2. legit client joinin leaked version server.

Keep those bugs / errors coming up.

We're asking Raven's people about them and get satisfying answers :D

Dont be too hasty to jump on raven for bad pings, their netcode is probably virtually the same for JK2, this problem stems from the fact that the game is JUST out and there are few dedicated servers running yet, and of them, probably very few on great connection. Cripes people, give it a few days before you bust out the whiner hats.

Originally posted by mariners2001

So far...I've run into an amazingly annoying bug in the very first level. Without any spoilers...I'll just say my companion on the journey keeps killing himself. I jump across a ledge and he follows but when he lands he immediately dies and the mission ends. Over and over and over again.....this is really sad and hope there is a solution fast because this is the VERY beginning of the freakin' game. lol.

So post any other bugs here and I'll update if I find anymore (if I get to advance at all :mad: )

This happened to me a lot too :(

Few ways I figured it out.

Try and get him to jump on closest part that you can jump to that is closest to the waterfall.

If that doesnt work (which is very hard to do anyway) turn on cheats

devmapall

Then noclip

Then quickly cross over, cut down the tree, and then go on the ledge that it leads to and turn off no clip. He seems to jump over safely.

Hope this helps a little bit till we get a patch.

Nave

Originally posted by Destino

Try Multiplayer where every other player lags out at sub 100 pings. This game has some whacked out code that makes server really small.

lol 1 day and patch is already needed. Typical Raven.

This shows your lack of knowledge about how servers work :)

Back to the point of this thread. I've noticed two things thus far.

1. The white screen flashes as noted by

|AeX|Strider. I too am using the latest Radeon drivers, the Cat 3.7s for my 9700 Pro. The screen flashes white, or orange, depending on the light I am standing in front of or near. Seems to be isolated to inside of buildings only.

2. There is a HORRENDOUS slow down (we're talking the game pauses for a second) if I attempt to do a force push or pull against an enemy who is cloaked at the time.

Other than those two things, I haven't run into any other problems.

Celeron

Um I dunno if this counts as a bug but theres some clipping problems with one of the rock formations in the Tatonnie mission where you have to fight Tusken Raiders and rescue that droid from the Sandcrawler. The rock is right after you meet your first jawas, you just tend to "blend" and "melt" into the rock b/c of clipping issues. :D

Here are a few more things I forgot to mention in my previous post.

1. If I go into the Setup dialog in the Single player game (I don't know about multiplayer, haven't tested it).

2. Change any of the video options that invokes the "Apply Changes" text to appear, i.e. changing the resolution.

3. Click on any of the other categories, such as sound, WITHOUT applying the changes.

4. A read dialog boxes comes up asking if you want to Discard or Confirm the changes.

5. No matter which one is chosen, the following error occurs: "Unknown UI script setvid1data" followed by "Unknown UI script".

Another bug, at least I think its a bug, is the bottom of the level, t1_fatal, is black. Again, I'm running the cat 3.7s on a Radeon 9700 PRO at 1600x1200.

t1fatall.jpg

Celeron

It seems like a memory leak or something, but if I play for probably an hour, to an 1 1/2 hours, the game will just freeze, then throw the system into hard lock.

Then when I reboot and come back to the save game right before it, its goes right past the point where it locked, no problem. There was no simliiarities of any of the lock points.

I'm running

P4 2.4ghz

1024mb PC1600 RDRAM (No swap file)

winxp pro sp1

GF4 TI 4400

Creative Audigy2

800x600, with dynamic glow off, everything else on, included Eax

Anybody run into similar issues?

I usually get a decent framerate with everything up on high at 1280 x 1024.

Except so far on the tattooine level with chewie, and the very first level the framerate sucks bad.

Ive also noticed the roll is very buggy, sometimes you wont even roll, youll just crouch and walk forward. Very annoying.

And the Volcano level also, the floor is a black void just like the in the posted pic above.

And the inability to exit or escape in between missions is also annoying.

This game is awesome though, i love it so far.

To address the topic of this forum, I also had the same problem with the rish or rash killing himself. I ended up just doing a devmapall, and then I did a map XXX to the next level, it just ended up making me too mad!! I have not ran into any other problems, just the fact that thwre seems to be some things missing, like a little plot or somthing, like I will be at the academy and accept a mission that i go off on my own because Luke and Kyle are somwhere else, but in the cut scene, Kyle drops me off at my destination?? Is there a specific way you should play the levels so everything fits nice????

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and downloaded the demo a week or so ago and played it initially using the Catalyst 3.6 drivers and it ran fairly well (although I experienced some slow downs which surprised me with my system). So, I d/l'ed the 3.7 Catalyst drivers and started to notice the yellow and white flashes especially on the Tatooine level. Well, I stayed with the 3.7 drivers until I bought the full game yesterday and the flashes really started getting annoying - I uninstalled the 3.7 drivers and reinstalled the 3.6 and the flashes are gone.

Also, this isn't a bug, just a comment about one part of the game...SPOILER BELOW

Is there a patch to remove the annoying other student in the first few levels? I am ready to just dice him up with my shiny new lightsaber...

Archived