Home

Version 1.0.0.0 BUGS: List all bugs/errors (incl. your specs, error msg etc.)

mariners2001

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JK2 skins/models are glitched in dual saber play. The (X cross) taunt animation and the kata animation are not working properly. The left hand during both animations fail to release the saber into the air.

I'm categorizing this problem as a bug because Gil Gribb had this to say before JA was released:

"We were going to release a converter to convert JK2 models to JA format, but one of our programmers (Gil Gribb) decided to just make it so that Jedi Academy could load JK2 models, recognize they're from JK2 and automagically convert them to JA-usable models. So all downloadable player models from JK2 should work in JA!

Sabers should work too, plus modders will find they have much more control over adding lightsabers (using a new external data file for lightsabers - using the extention .sab, not unlike our .npc files for NPCs last game) and easier to add them to the game (it will find the .sab and automagically make them available in the menus).

JK2 maps should also load okay in JA."

in the second to last level where you're in the temple working your way around, and you get to that room where you have the four statues in each corner and you have to force push them to get the staircase to go down....

in that section of the game, my sound goes out. I will be able to hear the music background, but most of the saber sounds and other game sounds are gone, coming back only sporadically. if i go to another area of the level, the sound comes back, but if i return to that area, the sound goes away again.

i'm using win xp sp1, athlon xp 2000+, MSI nforce2 mobo, SBlive value sound card, geforce4mx video card.

This is probably just operator error, but...

On the Bakura level "Emergency Assistance", I deactivated the 5 bombs, but when I try to get back to my ship, I can't leave the last room (the one with the security monitor in it)! I searched through a couple of walkthroughs, and there weren't any clues. I started the whole level over, and deactivated the bombs in a different order (thinking it might be a glitch). After the 4th bomb, I checked the door, and I could walk through it just fine. But right after I deactivated the 5th bomb, the door locked up. Anybody else run into something like this?

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

I am referring to SP here. I cant get rid of my saved games. Even after uninstalling and selecting the remove saved games option they still come back, WTF, and there seems to be no 'save slots left !

HELP !

Dude, just head to the saves folder where you installed JA and delete it's contents. That worked for me. ;)

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

Most people here know =X= mod v.2 has the saber stuff covered but no one has really been made away of a competition mod for the gunning community. [/b]

Guns weren't "bad" in 1.04 (nor were they particularly good imho). Sabers were pretty well screwed in 1.04, so a mod was the logical answer. ;)

Actually the logical answer was saberdamagescale 2 (which was present in 1.04) but a lot of people didn't seem to realize that, so they didn't use it, sadly.

They either stopped playing the game, switched to mods or continued to use the "nerfed" sabers.

As to the Rocket Bug, yes, you're right it is still there, I just needed to hold the button down longer than I was. A player joined my server and showed me. I emailed Raven about it (let's hope they can do something about it this time).

Edit: I'm going to merge this thread with the other bugs thread for Raven to read.

There really is little point in arguing about bugs to the non-dev, because all it is is an argument (showing demos that demonstrate the bugs is a good idea though).

And if the idea was to tell modders so they would make mods to "fix" the bugs, then that should be posted in the Editing Requests forum.

So it's merging, thanks for those who contributed WITHOUT flaming.

Thanks for your suggestion Bawbag

Dude, just head to the saves folder where you installed JA and delete it's contents. That worked for me.

Although I had gotten rid of the whole JA directory(including the saves folder), each time i uninstalled. I found the cause though, I have the amazing 'Duel of the fates' MP map, which was somehow saving SP games into its consituent pk.3 file. I dont get it, but once I emptied the saves folder in that pk.3 things were OK

Thanks nonetheless

MTFBWYA

I emailed this to Mike, but in Siege_Korriban, the Dark Jedi Tech can "give ammo" (ammo dispenser with use key) but when grabbed by teammates (I assume it was meant for the Demolitionist since he's the only one that uses ammo) it gives NOTHING (also gives nothing if grabbed by enemy Light Jedi Demolitionist).

So that must be a bug...

The Single Player has run flawlessly up to the first Korribon mission. It locks up during loading when the progress bar is about half done. I tried the 'devmap kor1' and 'devmap kor2' cheats to load it or skip the kor1 mission, but it still just terminates the game back to my desktop like before. I upgraded to Catalyst 3.8, but still no dice.

Here's the error message:

"not a JPEG file: starts with 0x61 0x6f"

Warning: cvar "u1_prisonerobj_maxtotal"

I'm running an AMD 1000MHZ (i know i need to upgrade)

Win XP Pro

Radeon 8500LE 128m video card

512 RAM

I have no idea what the error message means or how to fix it.

Any suggestions???

800 Mhz PIII

384 MB SDRAM

20GB HD

nvidia geforce fx 5600 ultra

soundblaster audigy 2 zs

windows xp sp1

no programs running in background

at a random time between launching the game (sp or mp) and no more than two minutes from the first screen, the sound/music begins to repeat, and everything else freezes and stops responding: the keyboard doesn't do anything, the screen and mouse pointer freezes, and the only thing to do is reset from the tower. other less-intensive applications and games (such as icewind dale ii) function normally.

i've been emailing lucasarts tech support back and forth, who had me change the various acceleration levels for sound and video. i whittled away at the levels until video was at its lowest possible settings and (from dxdiag) the sound was turned off ccompletely. this didn't help. they had me check the irq channels, but i found there were no conflicts or sharing. that's all they've suggested thus far; i'm awaiting an email hopefully this morning for the latest idea. i've reinstalled the game, the hardware, the drivers. nothing works.

this is effing ridiculous and i'd really appreciate any help.

Originally posted by DenJansen

This is probably just operator error, but...

On the Bakura level "Emergency Assistance", I deactivated the 5 bombs, but when I try to get back to my ship, I can't leave the last room (the one with the security monitor in it)! I searched through a couple of walkthroughs, and there weren't any clues. I started the whole level over, and deactivated the bombs in a different order (thinking it might be a glitch). After the 4th bomb, I checked the door, and I could walk through it just fine. But right after I deactivated the 5th bomb, the door locked up. Anybody else run into something like this?

I ran into the same problem and I had to restart the mission from the beginning.

IMO the biggest bug so far is the randomization of sabre damges in MP :rolleyes:

Try turning off Force Feedback if you haven't already, Drivian Taluus under the Mouse/Other options which is located in the Control options. For some reason, this causes A LOT of performance issues for people. Also, try turning the anistropic filter to 50% or lower, and turning using 16-bit graphics and bilinear and not trilinear detailing.

Still cannot get the Korribon missions to load. I've tried different combinations of Video settings but the game still shuts down back to my desktop. however, when I turn the antistropic filter setting down to nothing I get a different error message.

"Unsupported marker type 0x37"

Does anybody have any idean what this means? Is this a video card issue? Or and Open GL (whatever that is) issue? I'm not too savvy about computers, so any help would be greatly appreciated since I am unable to finish the game.

Thanks

AMD 1000Mhz (I know I need to upgrade)

Radeon 8500LE 128m video card

Catalyst 3.8

Win XP Pro

512mb RAM

I have an interesting bug, everytime I try to start the sp game I get a blue screen. I know it isn't my system, since this is the only time it happens. I can start mp fine, but for whatever reason starting sp causes a blue screen of death.

I hope a patch comes out soon....

i noticed along with everyone else, duh a couple skins have what look to be holes in them.

when you let go of forward and hit jump...that really cool looking jump thing he does...well i noticed he doesnt jump as far as he did in JO :( that sux...i love the cool jump but cant use it with the way it is right now :(

i also that when you do that cool jump and swing at the same time...when the character lands he cancels the swing.

i noticed that you cannot use extra force after doing the wall run to go a lil higher like in JO..i dont know if thats a bug or not but i liked the way it was in JO more.

one thing i really would like fixed is the power difference between the double blade, staff, and single saber...i beleive that all saber hits should be equal but the advantage to the double and staff should be you can hit somone twice because of the two blades. i noticed that one hit with double or staff takes more then one hit with single...also the yellow powermove is pretty much useless for single saber along with the blue lunge...the stab of single saber seems weaker then the stab with double and staff...

when you go to bounce off a wall ...if you hold the jump button he sticks to the wall like spider man lol...and i noticed when you bounce off walls he doesnt jump very far after the bounce :( i think the bounce would be cooler if you could use it to climb up walls (wall jumping). i love the way the charactor runs straight up the wall but it would be cooler if he could run up a wall and when he back flips have teh ability to wall jump off of any wall that he touches on his way down...

i noticed red powermove (red DFA) is super weak for a saber cutting somone down the center.....and when you run up hills or run down hills or stairs or anything thats inclined and press attack with red style he does red DFA (powermove).

i think single saberers should be able to kick like in JO since they are alrdy at a disadvantage with the sabers...but i think kicks should not take any damage but send the person flying...

another thing that i think could be fixed is the way people move when tehy get pushed or pulled...i notced they lift their feet up and kinda float... is there a way you can keep their feet on the ground when the pull or push doesnt move them and if they get pushed they lose their balance and fall over like in single player...maybe even give it a little detail and if they get pushed into a wall the person takes a little damage.

i would talk about this idea i had where the character can hang off of cliffs and stuff like that but this is the wrong place to post it...:)

Archived