Home

Version 1.0.0.0 BUGS: List all bugs/errors (incl. your specs, error msg etc.)

mariners2001

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably been said before... if so i'm sorry.

I have no problems with MP play. Gameplay is mostly smooth regarding my computer's side and performance. Only an ocasional total system freeze occurs... like once in 1000.

But SP is a whole new ball game. I got tons of total system freezes at random. I may play for 2 straight hours and the game runs fine, on the other hand... sometimes i can just p+lay 2 minutes before i have to hit the reset button on my pc.

SO this is thee most annoying bug of all for me. Random system freezes in SP quite frequently.

I have the joystick force feedback off and also dynamic glow off.

Drivers and DX are all up to date and it also happened before i updated them.

Any clues on the cause?

My PC specs:

AMD Athlon xp 2000+

GeForce4 MX440 64mb

256 DDR RAM 166mhz

SB Live 1024

Latest drivers for GF4 and latest DirectX

Just bought the game and cant even play it. Froze up 5-6 times on in-game sequence. System is optimum performance with GeForce FX 5200 Ultra, 2.6Ghz P4, 120G hard drive, 1G RAM, and DirectX9 installed....whats up?

I've been playing Empire Divided just fine for months now and all my drivers are all updated, the demo of JA that I had ran fine, so whats the deal, anybody? I dont get any error messages or anything, just freezes up with choppy sound. Tried all the resolution settings, but still locking up, any info anybody?????

thnks!

Hi

Has anyone had this bug yet: Whenever i get near an enemy the game freezes, and a Windows pop-ups tells me that the game made a critical error. When I click "ok", the PC shut down and restarts.

I got a radeon 9600

While playing SP, particularly on the Yavin level, the console claims I'm missing textures and those that are missing, such as the grass, have only the grey and white checkerboard patterns that I assume are used at some point in the skinning of a level. How do you fix the texture problem, it's rather annoying

my suggestion is turn off dynamic light

like in jk2 it cause 2 me many problems with frames

i disabled it and had no problems in any sp or mp-map

i think its sourceeating alot if understand me:)

i bought it 3 days ago and had no problems or bugs u mentioned

just saw the rancor dont attack always but anyway keep the good work guys

Well I posted my bug a few posts above which mentioned random system crashes during SP (frequently) and MP (only seldom but they happen).

I should add that this bug may not be JA's fault on it's own as the same problem occurs with Halo. Note that i've been playing other games such as Americas Army (Crashes only on medic training but does not freeze the system like JA or Halo), Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal 2, Max Payne 2, Medal Of Honor and the total system freeze does not occurs and they dont crash at all.

Since the graphics card drivers and directx are all up to date and the same crashes occurs before and after the update i rule that out as a cause.

Also as i said before, the most common crash causers in JA like joystick forcefeedback and dynamic glow are turned off.

I'm reposting my specs:

ASUS A7N8X-X MotherBoard

AMD Athlon XP2000+

256 Mb DDR RAM 266Mhz

GeForce4 MX440 64 Mb RAM

SoundBlaster Live 1024

NVidia chipset (motherboard), DirectX, GeForce4 Drivers are all updated. Tonight I'm going to update the motherboard BIOS and SoundBlaster Live Drivers.

I'm somehow comvinced that it has something to do with the soundcard as one system freeze happened when i was igniting my ligtsaber and the scene itself was rather light graphic wise. Plus one of the crashes also occured during the cutscene were skywalker is telling the academy about the threat of the cult and that they must act... the screen were it crashed had only 3 player models in view and the wall to the back... when the npc questioned skywalker the game froze the system.

Anyway... After i'm done updating my system tonight (BIOS and Soundcard) I'll test the game again and see what happens. After that I'll post results.

Wish me luck (crosses fingers)

Cheers.

Perhaps we should now suggest that everyone having any kind of problems to PLEASE get the official 1.01 patch and 1.011 dedicated server patches (available from http://www.lucasfiles.com).

We can start a new thread about 1.01 bugs since many of these may be addressed and it will get confusing otherwise. Hope the game is working for you guys now!

Ok?

• 1 year later...

Yep, and I just realized we're posting a couple days after the two year anniversary of this thread. ;)

*Cheers!*

Anyway, move along, move along... a piece of nostalgic (or not so nostalgic!) history here, nothing more... heh

I guess Razor could always check this for any classic bugs that still remain!

Archived