Home

Version 1.0.0.0 BUGS: List all bugs/errors (incl. your specs, error msg etc.)

mariners2001

Razorace-- as I mentioned in my original post, I've already tried to exchange the disc, but the store I bought it from refuses to let me do so because they don't accept opened software. I told them to try installing it and they'd see that it's a faulty disc, but they said that it was against their policy. I don't know why I bother buying software when it seems to be so much more reliable to simply download it... I suppose I'll just do that.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in your original email you stated that you tried to "return" it, not exchange it for another copy. Many stores don't allow returns but they do allow exchanges for another copy of the game.

Sounds like the store you got it from sucks. Did you try talking to the manager?

If that doesn't work. Most game companies offer to directly exchange or replace fault CDs. Try asking LucasArt Support to see if they can help you.

Hmmmn.

All of a sudden the sound in my cutscenes (the video, not the game-engine ones) is total crap. It skips, farts, sprays static and generally isn't terribly pleasant.

It was perfectly fine up until yesterday.

And no, I haven't changed anything on my computer. I closed it down after playing fine, then in the morning when I started it up again, the videos sounded like muffled screaming in a blizzard.

Followed by a lot of silence.

I found a fix for people who are getting that blue screen fatal exception error whenever starting a single player game.

Start the program but leave disk1 out of the CD drive. It will come up with a message telling you to put it in. Do so and click OK after a few seconds. You should be fine after that. No need to wait for a patch or anything.

Out of curiosity, how many with this error have their CD drive as F: rather than D: or E: ?

Actually, I have only had Rosh die when i killed himself just for the fun of it.. Most of the time we take the howlers out together and progress on all the way till he gets in my way, and I impale him:D (I seem to repeating myself in the different threads... Guess the dark side is manipulative :D )

Ok I'll chuck my bugs in:

I didn't see any in single player; and thought it was really good (much better than JK2.)

However for multiplayer;

Poor hit detection on the yellow and red stance single saber kata's - many times they have gone right through my opponent's chest or neck (to the extent that they're sticking out the other side) and he has taken no damage whatsoever.

Staff is too powerful at the end of the butterfly attack animation.

Force doesn't regenerate when you don't have your saber.

In-game server browser is very poor; it shows very few servers.

You cannot swing your saber when cartwheeling, or sidekicking a wall.

There is a delay between being able to change stances.

Lightning seems overpowered.

Performing a cartwheel turns your saber on.

----------

I'm sure there's a couple I forgot, and probably a few we'll find in the following week(s). I'll add them when there's a few to post.

I ve found (told) a bug in MP.

When you roll on somebodys head an do a stab, far away from them, hapens that it hits them (kills them).

Also when rolling next to a player 2 times you can stab far from him and kill him.

By far i mean in an oposite direction, far from them, whatever.

ok, i have this annoying bug. At the level, where you escape the prison, and get an ultimatum, that if you succeed to run away, without being hunted down, you will be free, after i break the wall in the shooting range, enter the room with 3 inactive robots, pass it, and get outside, to the top of the building, the guy that hunts me comes out, shoots me with the rocket launcher. Blah blah. i make him run away. Enter the building, go to the small room with a switch, after i kill everybody. There i push a switch, which activates a small elivator. It brings me down, to a room with spaceships hanging down from the silling. After wards, i unter a BIG room, with my ship in it. The big gate i entered through is getting locked, and i cant get out. Now, there are 2 bugs here. First of all, it seems you are being cloned, and your model stands near the gate, with the weapon doing nothing. You can even kill it.

Now. The second bug, and the major one, is that from what i know, in this room, i should meet a "boss" which i should fight. How ever there is no bot. and the game is going nowhere. i am stuck in 1 room, and thats it.

Not sure if anyone is aware of this but in multiplayer, if you type this model command you end up being a half visible Kyle or Luke model. From the torso down the model is completely transparent.

model kyle/menu

model luke/menu

I believe it only goes for Kyle and Luke, but there may be others.

Originally posted by Buffy

I just Fund my MP Kyle Katarn's Bot is no lightsaber Blade..

only he has hilt... please help !

:confused::(

Did you try messing with any of the game files or install any mods lately?

Anyway, just to let people know, I've created a fix for the "bad animation while walking backwards with a single saber ignited in SP" bug. I've try to get it packaged up and released soon. It's a tiny file, just an altered animation.cfg file.

Originally posted by razorace

Did you try messing with any of the game files or install any mods lately?

Anyway, just to let people know, I've created a fix for the "bad animation while walking backwards with a single saber ignited in SP" bug. I've try to get it packaged up and released soon. It's a tiny file, just an altered animation.cfg file.

What do you mean messing some game files ???

I did it some... like SP chage light saber sometimes at consol command... and MP .cfg add 2 line set c_dismember "100" & set cg_dismember "100" that all I did it.... game is all fine only kyle's blade is gone..

I was useing JK2 models and blade and some sounds mini mod ..

but I try Delete all and add bot kyle but still his saber is no blade

:(

here is shot..

http://www.hostmysig.com/data/buffy/shot0005.jpg

only kyle's blade is gone... :confused:

Question:

Is it a known issue for JA to have flashing bugs with a radeon 9700pro and latest Catalyst driver under Windows XP ?

Its flashing, and sometime stays to a still white screen, as if the camera view point was stuck in a solid object/out of map, because once i move the mouse off a litlte, it stops. It happens in pretty much all areas, even places where i KNOW the camera isnt stuck in something.

So far, worst place iv seen is on Coruscant.

Like whoa, stroboscopic mania in yellow and blue. I mean really, my eyes hurted after trying to play in it for 2 minutes.

Currently using Catalyst version 3.7 . Before i had to perform a windows re-installation i was running with a previous version and everything was fine playing this game.

So far as iv seen, this problem has only occured in JK:JA

Any input on this?

Originally posted by razorace

It depends on the "mod" but some mods work like replacing existing blades, players, etc. If you had a mod that does that, it often screws up the default models/blades. Reinstalling the game will fix it.

I really dont like kyle so I never add kyle bot in JK2 too but some how I fund it JA kyle has no blade ... I did it try Delete all mod and models and add kyle but still no blade.. .

do I Have to reinstall all game again ? :(

is can keep old jacofig & jampcofig and replace new one ?

I dont want do again all of seting and bind so...:(

Well, I must be in some super bad luck. This store won't refund my game.

Even the JA demo gives me lag spikes and sound loops. So it's not just the JA retail game.

I try other games and they're fine. Why is it just this game? I do not get. I do not want to blow another $80 for a new video JUST to play this game.

*VERY PISSED CHINESE MALE RIGHT HERE*

Oh yeah, here's my gay PC specs.

I also had "fast//fastest" settings toggled for JA.

AMD 1.2ghz @ 266mhz

256MB PC2100

Geforce2 MX 440 64MB

Soundblaster Live! MP3+

Windows XP SP1

Running on a 7200RPM IBM Desktar HD.

I have a few gigs free on my drives, and I don't see why it gets all these slow downs for THIS GAME ONLY.

Archived