Home

Version 1.0.0.0 BUGS: List all bugs/errors (incl. your specs, error msg etc.)

mariners2001

Well I don't necessarily know what kind of bugs this could be but so far the SP game has crashed 3 times since I bought it.

I can usually play it for a good while but without any indication of anything wrong it will give me JASP has performed an illegal operation, yada, yada always when I'm loading a level...When I reboot and reload there's no problems.

I had one crash that gave me something...after one crash I tried to restart without rebooting and it said:

Z_Malloc () Failed to alloc 1017090 bytes (Tag_Hunkalloc).

After rebooting though it started fine and worked perfectly. I noticed most of my crashes have occured during the loading of story-related missions (Hoth and Vjun) only one crash was in a regular level load from the 3.

Anyways, everything else runs pretty smoothly for me, that's about it.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive got a bug i havent seen anyone talk about yet, so its probably just my machine. Anyway, almost 100% of the time when i either join, or am playing in a MP game after a few minutes of playing, or while I'm picking my model it dumps out to the desktop and says something like "jamp.exe has created and error, you will need to restart. And error log has been created." thats close to what it says, i dont remember exactly. But it happens all the time. I've dloaded all the latest drivers for everyhting. my specs are:

Win 2000

Intell Pentium III 8ooMhz

256mg ram

SoundBlaster Audigy2

Nvidia GeForce DDR

Any ideas.

Its anoying, i think the longest ive played a MP game is for abuout 10 minutes, then it dumped me to the desktop. Even the solo games. The single player works fine.

I wouls say anyone that is having graphics problems first make surrrrrre that you have the latest drivers for your card. and follow alll instructions for uninstalling old drivers and installin the new ones.

I have seen lightning insta kill in MP but suspect it must be some C_VAR setting.

Tweaking your NVIDIA or ATI graphics card

Tweaking your NVIDIA or ATI graphics card

<story-nvidia-gf4-ati-rad-1.jpg>

Introduction

As today's video cards become increasingly advanced, the sheer number of options and tweaks that go unseen to the average user seems to increase. Sometimes these remain unseen because ATI and NVIDIA will often neglect, or outright refuse, to make these tweaks available with their standard driver package. While many of these configurable items can be relatively benign, there are still a healthy number of extremely rewarding (we're talking extra performance and image quality here) options that can greatly enhance the visual quality and speed of modern ATI and NVIDIA video cards.

From a stability standpoint, it's always wise to have the latest WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Lab) certified drivers for your video card's respective chipset. Both NVIDIA and ATI will release newer drivers for their graphics products on a regular basis, fixing issues found in previous drivers, integrating new features, and offering greater compatibility with games and hardware. Finally, while we are talking about getting the latest software, you should also have the latest version of Direct X, which can be downloaded via Microsoft's Windows Update.

BIOS Settings

One of the most widely overlooked areas of video card tweaking has nothing to do with the 3D card or the drivers, and is located deep within your motherboard's BIOS. These settings are universal, and will work with most major graphics chipsets regardless of make or model; that is, as long as they are AGP-based and have been made in the last few years.

Usually, the BIOS can be accessed by pressing the delete or F1 key during the boot process. If you've tried those two, and still can't get into your System BIOS, then check your motherboard user manual, or check the system while it boots. There will often be instructions right on the screen, as to which key to press.

BIOS Settings: Part 1

It is recommended that the following System BIOS settings be disabled, if possible:

1) VGA Palette Snoop: This is only used when the computer is in 256-color mode, and retains a list of colors (the palette) currently in use by the video card. You may also find this option under the title "PCI VGA Palette Snoop," in which case you'll still want to leave it disabled.

2) Video DAC Snoop: This should only be enabled as a last resort if you are experiencing problems with your video card such as weird colors or blank/blinking screens.

3) Video BIOS Shadowing: This allows for the BIOS to copy the BIOS of the video card to system RAM for faster access. While this sounds like it should be left on do not be fooled, today's systems will bypass the BIOS completely when accessing a video card so there is no need to waste precious memory.

BIOS Settings: Part 2

Enabling or changing the following options will lead you to the happy oasis we call high performance. Please do remember that if you start to experience odd visual anomalies you will want to undo any changes you may have made in the BIOS. As with any BIOS setting, the best procedure is to try them one at a time and make sure no issues crop up before moving to the next one.

1) AGP Master 1WS Write/Read: By default, the system is set wait two cycles before it will make a read/write transaction. Enabling 1 WS will allow the AGP card to wait only one cycle before a read or write transaction occurs, slightly increasing overall performance.

2) AGP Mode: As long as your mainboard and video card support it, you will always want to select the highest possible setting, either 2X, 4X, or 8X, the latter of which offers optimal performance. (However, at the time of this writing very few 8X AGP capable video cards and mainboards were available for purchase).

3) AGP Fast Write Control: This is by far one of the most beneficial, and overlooked video card tweak one can perform in the BIOS. You will need to make sure that your video card supports this feature as it can cause major problems if you try enabling this feature without the proper support. AGP Fast Writes can increase video speed roughly 1-5% and is supported by most recent video cards. Fast Writes allows the computer to send video-based calls directly to the video card, thereby bypassing the system's main memory system.

BIOS Settings: Part 3

The following BIOS choices have unique options that go into more depth, than simply enabled or disabled:

1) Video Memory Cache Mode: When selecting this option, you are usually presented with two options, UC (UnCacheable) and UCWC (UnCacheable Speculative Write-combining). Here, you will want to select UCWC as it will enable the write cache of your video card's memory which will offer a slight increase in overall performance.

2) AGP Aperture Size/Graphics Window Size: This is a numerical number which represents the amount of memory your video card is allowed to access over the AGP bus. You are given choices such as 32, 64, 128, 256-MB, and as a general rule you will want to select about 1/4 or less of your total available RAM. The default for this option is generally 64-MB, usually the size one will want to run.

I too have fallen under the dreaded influence of this annoying crash. The game loads fine. The game plays fine. I have no performance issues, only a it of a high frame rate when on the highest of high settings. However (mostly when i'm looking right at or are right near a cloaked trooper) the game will instantly freeze, locking the entire system and, like others have said, the only way out is a reboot. Win 2000 reboot takes at least 3 years so its getting kinda frustrating.

I think it might be a sound card issue, considering my outdated SB Live card i purchased 5 years ago seems to not work with my MB. I'm forced to go with this crappy C-Media AC97 card that came with my MB.

I too have fan's out the wazoo (4 fans in all not including the one on my processor) so i doubt if its a cooling problem. I think it is probably sound related cause it doesn't always happen next to or around those cloaked troopers. Sometimes it will freeze at a random point. I've been unable to get passsed the prison escape mission where you have no weapons (level set 2, mission 5) because of this error. Everytime i enter the hanger area, one place or another, it ends up locking up.

If anyone know anything more than whats been posted here about this mysterious bug, please helps us out. This game REALLY kicks ass and I don't even have Dual Sabers or a staff yet.

My Comp Specs are:

Athlon 2.5 Ghz

512 MB Ram

Radeon 8500 DV 64mb

C-Media Audio Device (crap)

And like C-3PO said to the distant sandcrawler on Tatooine, "Help! Pleeeeease Heeeeelp!"

im not sure what it is, but i get this bug where im under a light or near one, my screen will flash the color of the light and the only way to fix the screen is to move around, it was killing me in coruscant. any one else having this problem? i have a radeon 9800 with most of the effects turned all the way up.

BuRun - I had the same problem and I have a Radeon 9800 as well. I was running the 3.7 Catalyst drivers, but uninstalled and went back to 3.6 and there are no more flashes.

----------

Another problem, however...I just tried loading Multiplayer for the first time and have tried 3 times and each time, it locks up at the opening Jedi Academy splash screen? Anyone else have similar problems?

Thanks

I HAVE THE FULL RETAIL VERSION OF THE GAME AND I AM LOSING MY MIND. I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THE SP MISSIONS AND FOR SOME REASON THEY KEEP MAKING ME DO THE SAME MISSIONS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I MADE IT TO THE SECOND SET OF MISSIONS AND IT SENT ME BACK TO THE FIRST SET AFTER I BEAT THE JEDI TOMB LEVEL

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS I AM LOSING MY MIND

:confused: :confused:

Not quite a bug, but i think just a bad plan for the map. I dont have the name now but its the one map where you go in with general antilles in which 1 jedi can bring down a whole guarded platform by putting down laser targeting things that the air support bombs. OK - when you first start there is a way to go onto the roof of one of the buildings, and as I did, work your way down by jumping onto ledges until you hit a platform (you are supposed to do some activities near the start of the level that I hadnt gotten to yet to allow for some doors to open). So the problem was I couldnt find the first objective, wound up killing everything on the level, and couldnt get back to the beginning to complete the first task. After a few hours I just gave up and used the noclip cheat to get back over the building and basically start again.

This made the rest of the level easy as it just meant going from place to place and activating things, but i was quite annoyed by it.

ang2002, i know how to fix your problem, same thing was happening to me. Its happening because your CD isnt reading right, its not spinning fast enough. SO what you can do to fix this is, take out the CD, hold the outer edges, so not to scratch it, and put soome pressure on the center of the CD with your thumbs, switch sides, your basicly bending the CD. It helps warm it up, makes it spin a lot faster. After a few times put more pressure on it. Kepp doing this for aobut 5 minutes. Depending on what version of windows you have you might need to put a lot of pressure on it. Sounds funny, but works great though. Fixed my problem, im almost done with the game now.

I've been having the freeze problems that other people are having when I load/quickload a game. When it finishes loading I can't see anything except for lightsabers and lights, everything else is black, and then the game freezes. It only seems to happen when I press a button/key as soon as its finished loading, and it only happend 2 times the whole way through the game.

I've been having a memory leak issue, p4 1.6, 512 ram, radeon 9600 pro, and the message seems slightly different than other peoples' and I only have to restart ja, not my comp. It also occurs on the 1/2 hour or so. The reason that things don't draw right before the crashes for everyone probably is that there's not enough memory to create gdi objects.

------ Serwer Initialization ------

JA: v1.0.0.0 win-x86 Aug 5 2003

Server: t3_byss

------- Game Initialization -------

gamename: base

gamedate: Aug 29 2003

Warning: cvar "ui_prisonerobj_maxtotal" given initial values: "16" and "0"

-----------------------------------

Done.

glGetError() = 0x505

...loaded 5883 faces, 80 meshes, 75 trisurfs, 0 flares

Loading... quick

------ Server Initialization ------

JA: v1.0.0.0 win-x86 Aug 5 2003

Server: t3_byss

LoadLibrary("D:\jk3\GameData/jagamex86.dll") failed

...reason: 'Not enough storage is available to process this command.

'

----- CL_Shutdown -----

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem

...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success

...deleting GL context: success

...releasing DC: success

...destroying window

...resetting display

...shutting down QGL

...unloading OpenGL DLL

-----------------------

Couldn't load game

I understand that you don’t have to do all of the missions and could return to the academy but I wanted to see the whole game and now I can’t complete it. :confused:

I can not load a map because I’m stuck on the force screen page. Because I have played all of the select missions, and competed all of my missions. *After Vader’s castle* I was given the title Jedi knight. My force level went to three, now I can’t go anywhere because I’m prompted to choose a force power and they are all full!!!!! or choose help. There is no exit to menu. I have tried typing every thing in the console short of some nasty swears but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated

I used to get a similar problem with Jk1 once all my force levels light and dark were maxed-out.

I also have the glitch when I force push, or pull the cloaked enemies. My frame rates drop like a bomb. #I liked the push and pull of jk2 much more. # <--( just my 2 ¢ )

I've also got the 'super slow down when enemy is cloaking' glitch (ATI Radeon 8500, Catalyst 3.4 drivers, 1024x768 resolution). Here's one quick work-around: turn on your Force Sense when it happens; that seems to "decloak" the enemy for the purposes of the graphics engine (you get the red halo around him) and the slowdown goes away until your Sense stops.

And I have a crash to report :(. When starting up the level where you're supposed to save some hostages from the Hutts (in the set of missions after Hoth), JA crapped out with the following:

Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment

----- CL_Shutdown -----

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem

...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success

...deleting GL context: success

...releasing DC: success

...destroying window

...resetting display

...shutting down QGL

...unloading OpenGL DLL

-----------------------

Bogus DQT index 15

The error I keep recieving is when I reload or load a new map other than the first map I have loaded both in single player and multi, my PC does a hard crash and I have to reboot my machine. I made sure to have all of the latest drivers and patches for my software and hardware, and I have tried numerous tweaking of settings in Academy. This is the only game that I get system crashes.

Software Specs

Windows 2000 SP4 w/all updates

Radeon Catalyst 3.7

LiveDrvPack (latest version)

nforce2 all-in-one 2.45

Hardware Specs

AMD Barton XP 2500+

Corsair PC2700 512MB DDR-RAM

Asus A7V8N nforce2 mobo

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (8x AGP)

SB Live Gamer 5.1

Pioneer Slot Loading DVD-ROM

Yeah, to the person who reported having to repeat missions, I had the same problem.

I played Tatooine, etc (tier1 missions in order).

However when I had only Chandrilla left (the jedi tomb) I noticed that Tatooine was highlighted as if I had not beaten it.

I figured that maybe I didn't "complete it correctly" or something, so I played and beat it again (exactly the same as before).

So then the game SKIPPED chandrilla and sent me to Hoth and then tier2.

I'm glad I got to play the map already in the demo, but it was strange to have that happen.

Another time (more recently) I saved my game in t2_rancor (tier 2) and then exited the game. Coming back the next day I found that all the saved games from t2_ (and all the way back to that crashed ship level) were gone. The files weren't even in the saved game folder, even though I KNEW I had saved them.

Anyway I was thankfully able to use cheats to get myself back to the level I was on before with the powers and gear I had before.

I noticed in MP when you do the side "cartwheel" (strafe+forcejump+attack) there is no sound effect like there is in SP. Is that a mistake?

yeah theres something weird happening with the crashes.

IT used to happen to me in OUtcast where the minute you tried to join a server the commp would go into a hard lock and sound loop.That you would have to hard reset out of..

Verrrrrry annoying.

After 1.04 it didnt happen that much anymore. Sounds like a graphics engine issue.

Archived