Home

Version 1.0.0.0 BUGS: List all bugs/errors (incl. your specs, error msg etc.)

mariners2001

Originally posted by Andy867

Ok, for those who have installed the game and get the problem with SP when you go to try and boot it up, are you using a back-up copy of it, because this happened to me since lately ever since Outcast, I've been backing up my CD's to keep the originals in prime condition. And I go to load up SP, and the hourglass just sits there, and then disappears and the game never lodas up, even though SP does:confused:

Also, for those who keep getting the INVALID GAME FOLDER:

A) Please check the our Useful Technical Help Forum and

B) After checking it, you will be glad you did since it was explained the error is caused by legit game users trying to connect to illegal beta servers. and vice versa.

Im not useing backup copy or illegal one I did it exchange my game CD from store once alreay.. but still not working for SP MP is only some server is ok for me

BTW even make backup copy is "illegal" too you know ? you sould not tell about that ...:rolleyes:

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jumpy

The error I keep recieving is when I reload or load a new map other than the first map I have loaded both in single player and multi, my PC does a hard crash and I have to reboot my machine. I made sure to have all of the latest drivers and patches for my software and hardware, and I have tried numerous tweaking of settings in Academy. This is the only game that I get system crashes.

Software Specs

Windows 2000 SP4 w/all updates

Radeon Catalyst 3.7

LiveDrvPack (latest version)

nforce2 all-in-one 2.45

Hardware Specs

AMD Barton XP 2500+

Corsair PC2700 512MB DDR-RAM

Asus A7V8N nforce2 mobo

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (8x AGP)

SB Live Gamer 5.1

Pioneer Slot Loading DVD-ROM

I fixed this problem by turning 'Dynamic Glow/Lighting' off.

I was able to play SP before, but now my computer locks up and all i get is the title screen! I've already reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled the game and still no go. Also, every few times in mp I have to re-insert disk one to my drive- i only have the one cd-rom drive.

amd 1.1ghz

pny 5200 ultra 128meg

512 meg Ram

56x benq cd-rom

I got this game yesterday and apart from the sp frame rate running very slow its ok-i'm running on windows xp,athlon 2900+,geforce fx 5800 ultra.The problem is that when i go to the server list on mp nothing happens at all,all its says is "getting info on servers" or some thing.i left it like that for 45 mins and still nothing hence i carnt play mp which sucks cause it looks like jka mp is better than jk2 mp.Can any one tell me whot im doing wrong?I allso have 1 meg broadband.Thanks.

A particularly annoying bug i've come across in multiplayer. Is that on odd occasions, for some reason, it appears as if some sort of invisible reflective barrier/wall appears in front of my character and stays in front of him/her wherever he goes. As you might expect it stops all weapon fire from moving more than barely in front of me before either exploding in my face or reflecting back at me, or just merely colliding with this phantom wall. Whats even more odd is that other player's fire can hit me fine. As you could imagine it would be very irritating for this to occur mid firefight, which has happened to me on a few occasions.

I have no idea what triggers it, however i've encountered it on both siege levels that use guns. I haven't really noticed it in the other gametypes, but I haven't really tried them much as of yet.

Originally posted by Andy867

Ok, for those who have installed the game and get the problem with SP when you go to try and boot it up, are you using a back-up copy of it, because this happened to me since lately ever since Outcast, I've been backing up my CD's to keep the originals in prime condition. And I go to load up SP, and the hourglass just sits there, and then disappears and the game never lodas up, even though SP does:confused:

Also, for those who keep getting the INVALID GAME FOLDER:

A) Please check the our Useful Technical Help Forum and

B) After checking it, you will be glad you did since it was explained the error is caused by legit game users trying to connect to illegal beta servers. and vice versa.

You encoutering copy protection there buddy.

you need a low level burner(program) that will copy the disc image to your new disc.

Originally posted by Buffy

Im not useing backup copy or illegal one I did it exchange my game CD from store once alreay.. but still not working for SP MP is only some server is ok for me

BTW even make backup copy is "illegal" too you know ? you sould not tell about that ...:rolleyes:

thats not true

your allowed to protect ur purchase.

your not allowed to distribute copies.

Originally posted by Classic

I was able to play SP before, but now my computer locks up and all i get is the title screen! I've already reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled the game and still no go. Also, every few times in mp I have to re-insert disk one to my drive- i only have the one cd-rom drive.

amd 1.1ghz

pny 5200 ultra 128meg

512 meg Ram

56x benq cd-rom

yikesssss talk about taking a sledge hammer to a problem.:rolleyes:

Jus checkedd my specs

P4 1.8

512 mb DDR ram "Micro' something or the other.

Asus P4S533 mb

2 ATA100 drives on IDE interface card

runnin 1280 x 1024 with all setting high

DYnamic glow....the kitchen sink

NOT A GLITCH WHATSOEVER

you guys need to stik to ASUS the only motherboard worth anything out there.

Jus checkedd my specs

P4 1.8

512 mb DDR ram "Micro' something or the other.

Asus P4S533 mb

2 ATA100 drives on IDE interface card

runnin 1280 x 1024 with all setting high

DYnamic glow....the kitchen sink

NOT A GLITCH WHATSOEVER

you guys need to stik to ASUS the only motherboard worth anything out there.

Originally posted by TimberWolf[TA]

Any idea how to get MP working?i'm on broadband and no servers will show up,"getting server info"is all i see,this gos on forever.Is it a server issue or a bug?my other mp games work ok.

This used to happen all the tiime in Q3

It was either the master server is down or having maintenance performed.

hi there

a thing i have noticed is that the lunge-attack is way too strong

it makes like 100/10 damage i was duelling a friend he did a lunge at start he got me and i was dead after that single hit

pls bring out a patch asap with balanced weapons,forcepowers and less damage on some moves

till then im still playin jk2

well cu on the battlefields

I got a odd bug. Whenever the lightsaber touches a wall or anything, the FPS drops insanely. This includes killing people with the Lighsaber aswell. I turned the wallmarks but it didn't effect it at all. I even tried turning off EAX but nothing. Could this be a game bug, or something wrong with my rig?

This is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to my computer.

After buying and installing Jedi Academy, my Internet connection seems to be corrupted. I start IE and everything works for about 5 minutes but then I get error messages stating "web-page not available" (or whatever). Oddly enough, this effects my computer only since IE works normally on the host-computer of my LAN. If I restart my computer IE works for another 5 minutes but then dies again...

I have Norton 2003 with latest virus definitons so that's not the problem, and since I haven't even installed anything else it must be Academy...

What the hell do I do now?

OK - Bugs.

1) Collision detection is off and doesn't "feel" right. In JK2 it was easier to determine if you were actually getting a hit.

2) Lightning - I have been on servers where it is a one hit kill - is that by design? Also on some occasions I have used lightning on someone and been teleported a few feet across the map - I am not sure if it is a client or server side issue.

3) Kicks - I like them but sometimes collision detection is screwed - I have seen my foot go right through someone.

4) Damage. Personally I think the damage is inconsistent. Some moves are weak and others stupidly powerful. I have killed someone in a duel with a single kick for example!!! The game needs some tweaking in this area.

5) Specials. Right now they are eye candy. They rarely hit anything. Yellow special jump is the worst - I do the move and my saber seems to move away from the opponent whereas in JK2 it was aimable. Also some of the moves where you are stuck in one spot should allow you to move otherwise they are useless but thats a personal opinion I guess.

6) Slowdown issues. Come on Raven there needs to be some tweaking here - I have a monster PC and framerates are nowhere near what I expect of a Quake 3 based game - modified or not. The big problem seems to be using force powers and the associated effects. If it cant be fixed why not simply remove the warping effect.

7) Finally the fact that the CD needs to be in the drive is a bug in my opinion. OK its not really but it sucks - Same with JK2. PLEASE can you work out a way to run the game without the CD and still have some copy protection - What about the need to insert the CD once a week or something. Its a pain in the backside - what is the point of a massive HD if you need to use the CD each time!!!

Anyway - thats my contribution.

As soon as I run the game (Either in single OR multiplayer), the game crashes. The loading screen comes up, the screen goes black, and crashes to desktop with an error message.

I restarted and tried again and it gave me the option to install the game, and no option to play it at all. I went to the folder and clicked both the multiplayer and single player individual executables, and got the same sort of crash.

I reinstalled, and it didn't help.

I am running Windows XP Professional with all updates (Including DirectX), AMD Athlon 2600+, 512MB PC2700 DDRAM, Radeon 9700 Pro, and an ASUS K7N8X board. This is the only game that has ever given me such a problem.

Originally posted by Leander

This is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to my computer.

After buying and installing Jedi Academy, my Internet connection seems to be corrupted. I start IE and everything works for about 5 minutes but then I get error messages stating "web-page not available" (or whatever). Oddly enough, this effects my computer only since IE works normally on the host-computer of my LAN. If I restart my computer IE works for another 5 minutes but then dies again...

I have Norton 2003 with latest virus definitons so that's not the problem, and since I haven't even installed anything else it must be Academy...

What the hell do I do now?

Stop using IE?

:)

Originally posted by ruddrage

Lo all,

My first bug I've noticed in SP is the health regenerators, they don't work, in any level I've played, same with my friend’s game but the shield regenerator works fine.

The 2nd problem is that certain graphics are not being display(see pic)

jedi_knight_corruption.jpeg

It happens when dark force is being used, on some of the weapons bullets, etc

you sure your not using the ammo generators dude?

heth is done by force heal or heath packs

I've been helping my friend "Buffy" with her computer, and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. SP does not load. In fact, it locks up Windows to the point where we have to press the reset button to even restart the computer. I think this problem should be addressed with high priority, because it is a lot more serious than glitches in the game. How can JA be sold on the market with such serious flaws?

Just in case it helps, here's the error recorded in Event Viewer when the problem occured:

Type: Error

Source: Application Hang

Category: None

Event ID: 1001

Fault bucket 02969073

I've seen other numbers for the fault bucket as well...32178507, 49640006, 61368894.

Buffy's computer specs are ASUS P4S533, P4 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon 8500 (128MB), Windows XP Professional with all patches, and latest Direct X.

If anyone can get Lucas Arts to do something about this, please have them address this problem immediately.

Thanks

I'm not sure iif this is a bug or if it's just a weirdness in the game that needs figuring out, but i'll mention it anyways.

Yellow finisher (overhead) has a snowball's chance in hell of actually landing. It's not useful in MP at all.

Personally I think it should be like JO but with the ability to do it without enemy near by.

Archived