Home

Version 1.0.0.0 BUGS: List all bugs/errors (incl. your specs, error msg etc.)

mariners2001

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was having all types of loading problems before, wouldnt load MP, would crash constantly. SP wouldnt load. How I fixed it? I just formatted the hard drive and did a fresh install of win2000. Works great now, no crashes at all! Its the only thing i have on my system besides internet stuff. So if your having problems, consider that. Raven should get an award for the most inovative game ever! How many other games do you know of where the only way to ge it to work is to format your hard drive? What a great concept. heres one for the elite, WQQT!!!

Hi

I get the game today. So i began a new game every thing works fine but after the scene when you see two planets and ship it´s flying there in the galaxy. It´s the first scene and after this scene

my computer shut down. And when i play mp it works for a minute and then i become an error and it´s shut back to the main menu.

I dont know my specs i must look at the papers you will get it later.

I think it´s only shut down when a cut scene come it was so in the demo too.

I have:

P4 2.4 GHZ HT 800 FSB

512 DDR PC3200 RAM

MAXTOR 120 GB

GFORCE FX 5200 128 DDR

I start the game, and the opening video is skimpy and skips around, then i got into the menu, and the mouse moves at extremely slow speed. i have to wait 1 minute for the mouse to move. wtf is goin on? and i get the same problem when playing Enemy Territory, so i think its a prob with my settings. Help me out, please? :( :?

and btw, the forcefeedback thing is not helping me at all. i can't even get the console open. :confused: :confused:

WAHOO!! I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!! WAHOOOOOOOOO!! LOL

U NEED TO GET NVEMULATE TO GET TO TO WORK

Run NVEmulate, turn ON "NV30 Emulate" but leave "Force Software Rasterizrr" OFF!!!

for those that still can't get it to work.;):cool:

I'M AM THE HAPPIEST MAN IN THE WORLD!

So what do you do if you are not running a cracked/patched .exe and you get the same errors?

Re: ???

that happens when you crack the exe. so , don't.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Bun-Bun

Hey umm here's a bug when playing on -any- multiplayer server;

CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible server message

CL_ParsePacketEntities: end of message

Comes up with one or both of the above every 30 seconds to 20mins and kicks off server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next step is to buy the game.

Originally posted by Darth_THX1138

So what do you do if you are not running a cracked/patched .exe and you get the same errors?

Re: ???

that happens when you crack the exe. so , don't.

quote:

Originally posted by Bun-Bun

Hey umm here's a bug when playing on -any- multiplayer server;

CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible server message

CL_ParsePacketEntities: end of message

Comes up with one or both of the above every 30 seconds to 20mins and kicks off server

Originally posted by GEEZus

Next step is to buy the game.

No that was Step 1...

Need a scan of my reciept and Proof of Purchase scan bar?

Step 2 was installing this crap...

Step 3 was asking a damn question on this board to try to get help...

Step 4 was having to hear your smart ass talking s**t...

Damn why everyone got to be such a smart ass...???

This has been an issue with quake engine games for quite some time I have been told.

I'm running:

AMD 1700+ Athlon XP

512 MB DDR

Win XP pro all updates

Nvidia GeForce3 Ti 200 updated to 42 drivers (45 doesn't work)

SB Live! 5.1 sound card

13 GB Hard drive

DVD drive

CD-R drive

My bug is this. I double click Jedi Academy, the little menu loads, I click single player, it starts loading etc etc couldn't load this that the other thing, get the black screen and res change as if it's going to start. POOF! back at a windows desktop with a nice "Jedi Academy SP has encountered an error and will terminate"

Single Player and Multiplayer do this.... any suggestsions?

Any patches for the full version yet?

The game stops at a cinametic part near the end (I am guessing), don't want to spoil it... where I am rescuing Kyle from .... there I hope I didn't spoil and gave enough clues for those that would know.

The camera goes to Kyle and an enemy Jedi with a red saber.. the music continues and sound effects, but it just "hangs" there.

Help!

Two MP bugs that keep happening to me:

Siege Mode (Hoth at least, haven't tested the others) consistently crashes (game freezes) when I hit "setup" from the escape menu in game (from spectator mode or playing Hoth Siege).

On the Vjun MP map (with the big spiral of platforms circling around the foggy pit) the bots are horrible... they will stand near the center and look down (not moving), get caught on corners and run in circles. This map seems to be the only one where they are this pathetic (even on level 5 difficulty).

My specs:

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1 ghz

256 mb pc133 mushkin ram

GeForce2 GTS (32mb)

Soundblaster Live! Soundcard

DSL modem

Win98SE

DirectX 9.0b

Darth_THX1138:

CL_ParsePacketEntities

This error comes from using a hacked exe file or no cd crack to play Q3 engine games.

While it's true, you might not be using the warez version, the fact that a cd crack made by some hacker in his basement causes you problems is not Raven or Id Software's fault, is it?

It's also against our forum rules.. so you'll be lucky if you escape without a ban. Just letting you know.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Two MP bugs that keep happening to me:

Siege Mode (Hoth at least, haven't tested the others) consistently crashes (game freezes) when I hit "setup" from the escape menu in game (from spectator mode or playing Hoth Siege).

On the Vjun MP map (with the big spiral of platforms circling around the foggy pit) the bots are horrible... they will stand near the center and look down (not moving), get caught on corners and run in circles. This map seems to be the only one where they are this pathetic (even on level 5 difficulty).

I dont have any problems with the game freezing at all the "blackness" or haze only seems to hapen on levs that have weather like rain or snow. It also hapen on the demo when I went to...$hite..I cant think of the lvl name, not Tatuine but the other one

Originally posted by Kurgan

Darth_THX1138:

This error comes from using a hacked exe file or no cd crack to play Q3 engine games.

While it's true, you might not be using the warez version, the fact that a cd crack made by some hacker in his basement causes you problems is not Raven or Id Software's fault, is it?

It's also against our forum rules.. so you'll be lucky if you escape without a ban. Just letting you know.

So you are saying this could never, ever, ever, ever happen using the Original install + Original Disc 1??? No hacks?! No mods of any kind?!

Ever, Ever??

I beg to differ!!

Ban? For what??

Is there any official page documenting this error ?

I keep getting it too on some (not all) servers where i try to connect to and :

1. I am running a legal version of the game.

2. I did NOT install a crack or any other program that alters the original software.

I had the same problem in JK2 with 1 or 2 servers and back in those days I contacted lucasarts helpdesk, who replied me that, as I am a European, i should contact the German department of Activision. I got my reply from lucasarts quickly and it was a message in a very friendly tone. Then i contacted Activision Germany and ... untill now I am still waiting for an answer.

BUT

i repeat : i run original, legal versions of both JK2 and JA and in both games i did not install a hack, crack, unofficial patch or whatever name it may have, and still i do get this error on a handfull of servers.

quote:

CL_ParsePacketEntities

:mad:

Yes, Lucas Arts is very professional with there conduct. I can't believe I come to an official forum and get accused "right from the start" of hacking there programs; by Raven & whoever else is admin on this board.

How un-professional!

How I wish Lucas Arts would have kept the Jedi Knight franchise under there wings. I don't think Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy have kept-up with the excitement all of us felt playing DF2-JK.

But I must say Jedi Academy comes damn close!!! When it works!

Originally posted by Darth_THX1138

Yes, Lucas Arts is very professional with there conduct. I can't believe I come to an official forum and get accused "right from the start" of hacking there programs; by Raven & whoever else is admin on this board.

How un-professional!

How I wish Lucas Arts would have kept the Jedi Knight franchise under there wings. I don't think Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy have kept-up with the excitement all of us felt playing DF2-JK.

But I must say Jedi Academy comes damn close!!! When it works!

I hope you are not assuming that the LucasForums is a LucasArts owned Forum because it is not. We are a part of the LucasFan Network (LFNetwork), which is a big supporter of all LucasArts games, but we are not owned by LucasArts.

And secondly, if you are not hacking the exe with a NO CD crack, then it probably means you either have out-dated network drivers or you have an incompatible network interface card if you are connected by like Cable/DSL.

And you and the rest of the complainers should be glad that Raven even agreed to make the game because without them, there probably wouldn't be another jedi knight game since it had been over 5 years since the last of the Jedi Knight (MOTS) was released. Who knows how long it would have been if Raven hadnt been contracted to Outcast and Jedi Academy, and how high of quality it would be without them.

Well, its not really a bug, Jedi Academy is just defaulted not to show any games that get ping it at that particular moment whose ping is over 800ms. just wait till people really get the chance to play since it is still within the first 10 days of the game so not everyone has a copy obviously.. Once more servers start popping up, the better, but until then, just play on what you can:)

Archived