Home

Version 1.0.0.0 BUGS: List all bugs/errors (incl. your specs, error msg etc.)

mariners2001

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My clan just got our JA 16 man server up and boy is it a lot fo fun. Except for the part where half the time a new map loads or i even JOIN any game, thecomputer locks up and goes into sound loop. I fixed the same problem (i think) in SP by turning all the xtra effects off. However it has had no effect whatsoever in MP.

I have the latest software/hardware drivers for my entire system. I'm sure if I re-format it'll work, however even though my system could use a fresh install just in general, i'm looking for ANYONE who has solved the Sound Loop/Lockup problem .

I've read through pretty much every single post in this thread and i can't see a solution. So please, if you find a solution to common problem or one thats been posted about multiple times, PLEASE POST YOUR SOLUTIONS

Whenever I join a multiplayer game I always get random crashes which kicks me back to the original screen. I did a search on google and the only thing I found said that bootleg copies of JKA will get an "invalid folder" error when joining servers. My copy is perfectly legit and shouldn't have this problem. But I get it anyway when joining some servers.

So I've got 2 problems right now:

Game crashing every five minutes (My PC is way above the min specs)

Error msg = NONE. It kicks me to desktop. (Both SP AND MP)

And

Joining certain servers which yields me an error. Help?

winxp pro

ge force 5200

2.4 p4 ghz w/ hyperthreading

AC3 onboard soundcard.

On the whole, I am most pleased with this game. I love it to bits, and I finished SP on Jedi Knight with plans to play it through as Jedi Master.

A few bugs though:

1. One of the cutscenes (I can't remember which one, sorry, but it's on the level where Kyle and Jaden go to do a mission together, and they have to split up at a locked door) is broken. Kyle says something, and then nothing happens. I guess the cutscene gets in a loop or something. I just have to skip it.

2. In the last few levels, I noticed that saber swing noises and force powers and other sounds, were not being played. After a while it seemed to fix itself though. I have EAX on.

These are the only bugs I've come across in SP.

I haven't played MP yet, so I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of bugs there.

My specs are:

AMD Athlon 2500+ Barton

Abit NF7-S Nforce2

2x256MB DDR333 RAM

Geforce 5900 128MB

[edit] Onboard sound disabled

Audigy 2 Platinum used instead

I'm using the latest drivers for everything, and I have all critical Windows Updates installed for Windows XP SP-1a.

Again, Raven I salute you.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Darth_THX1138:

This error comes from using a hacked exe file or no cd crack to play Q3 engine games.

While it's true, you might not be using the warez version, the fact that a cd crack made by some hacker in his basement causes you problems is not Raven or Id Software's fault, is it?

It's also against our forum rules.. so you'll be lucky if you escape without a ban. Just letting you know.

Yea dude, I don't have a warez, hacked, cracked version and I get this exact same error.

Originally posted by Andy867

I hope you are not assuming that the LucasForums is a LucasArts owned Forum because it is not. We are a part of the LucasFan Network (LFNetwork), which is a big supporter of all LucasArts games, but we are not owned by LucasArts.

And secondly, if you are not hacking the exe with a NO CD crack, then it probably means you either have out-dated network drivers or you have an incompatible network interface card if you are connected by like Cable/DSL.

And you and the rest of the complainers should be glad that Raven even agreed to make the game because without them, there probably wouldn't be another jedi knight game since it had been over 5 years since the last of the Jedi Knight (MOTS) was released. Who knows how long it would have been if Raven hadnt been contracted to Outcast and Jedi Academy, and how high of quality it would be without them.

Then why can you guys just tell me that from that start? Why you got to say I am hacking the game?

And I know you are not "owned by LucasArts"!!

If you were Im sure you guys would be much more professional!!!

Complainers?? We go spend money on the product, come ask for help, and you call us complainers??? You guys attacked me first!

And I think you guys need a good woman or something to help chill your paronid asses out! Obviously you guys dont get laid that much!

"high of quality"?? How you get that from a game so many people have so many different problems with?

And I bet it only gets worse with the first patch!!.

How many did it take to get Outcast running decent? 4?

Just because Raven can put a "Pretty new dress" on something does not make it "high of quality"

I think my point has been made.

Again, you fail to see my point. It is NOT our product, we are fans just like you, nothing more. nothing less. And I do suggest you either calm down or take your posts elsewhere, because we will not tolerate insults or flaming, and you have been warned now to take it easy.

Actually, when compared to see of the new games out there, Jedi Academy is in a lot better condition, seeing as how with games Like SWG, they HAD TO release a patch immediately, whereas one for Jedi Academy is not necessary until it is deemed necessary.

Oh and and there was only 2 patches released for Outcast, if you had bothered to do your research.

And you failed to see where the fact that you should be glad that Raven even made a game since Lucasarts has done making them, and without Raven, we probably wouldn't have seen another Jedi game for probably at least another 2 years (If outcast wasn't made).

Also, not every computer is expected to run a game. It had to do with compatibility, and obviously the QA guys could not test EVERY single piece of hardware available, just a majority of the ones out there.

Originally posted by Andy867

Again, you fail to see my point. It is NOT our product, we are fans just like you, nothing more. nothing less. And I do suggest you either calm down or take your posts elsewhere, because we will not tolerate insults or flaming, and you have been warned now to take it easy.

Actually, when compared to see of the new games out there, Jedi Academy is in a lot better condition, seeing as how with games Like SWG, they HAD TO release a patch immediately, whereas one for Jedi Academy is not necessary until it is deemed necessary.

Oh and and there was only 2 patches released for Outcast, if you had bothered to do your research.

And you failed to see where the fact that you should be glad that Raven even made a game since Lucasarts has done making them, and without Raven, we probably wouldn't have seen another Jedi game for probably at least another 2 years (If outcast wasn't made).

Also, not every computer is expected to run a game. It had to do with compatibility, and obviously the QA guys could not test EVERY single piece of hardware available, just a majority of the ones out there.

I am very glad that Raven took up the job of keeping the Jedi Knight games going. I enjoy JO and JA very much.

[bUT YOU SEEM TO LIVE IN A ONE SIDED WORLD WHERE YOU HAVE NOT SEEN MY POINT.]

I purchase JA, come here to find out if there is a fix for my problem, find some one else is having the same problem, get accused of hacking the game, then get told after a little flaming that it could be another problem.

The first thing out of this forum to me was that I am lucky that i don't get baned?

Hell I just asked a question, In the correct thread!!!

How would you feel?

I dident mean to flame or insult you personally, but damn...

Originally posted by Captain Bryan

Single player works perfectly.

I beg to differ. :(

Originally posted by earthless

Any patches for the full version yet?

The game stops at a cinametic part near the end (I am guessing), don't want to spoil it... where I am rescuing Kyle from .... there I hope I didn't spoil and gave enough clues for those that would know.

The camera goes to Kyle and an enemy Jedi with a red saber.. the music continues and sound effects, but it just "hangs" there.

Help!

Originally posted by Darth_THX1138

Then why can you guys just tell me that from that start? Why you got to say I am hacking the game?

And I know you are not "owned by LucasArts"!!

If you were Im sure you guys would be much more professional!!!

Complainers?? We go spend money on the product, come ask for help, and you call us complainers??? You guys attacked me first!

And I think you guys need a good woman or something to help chill your paronid asses out! Obviously you guys dont get laid that much!

"high of quality"?? How you get that from a game so many people have so many different problems with?

And I bet it only gets worse with the first patch!!.

How many did it take to get Outcast running decent? 4?

Just because Raven can put a "Pretty new dress" on something does not make it "high of quality"

I think my point has been made.

Ironically, from reading all your posts. The one that seems to have the need to "chill out" and "get laid" is you. :o

After choosing either the 1st or 5th mission from the 1st tier and then assigning force powers and weapons etc i get the following(ie just before the actual level load):

Error:R_LoadMDXM:models/players/rodian/model.glm

has more than 1000 verts on a surface

(10049537200)

If i then try to load the mission again it will load and begin, but JA will freeze either during the cutscenes or at the level beginning. Enter or escape or alt-f4 will fall to desktop.

pIII 500

256 ram

Geforce2

Win98

The other 3 1st tier levels worked fine. Any ideas would be much appreciated. :)

Originally posted by Linear

After choosing either the 1st or 5th mission from the 1st tier and then assigning force powers and weapons etc i get the following(ie just before the actual level load):

Error:R_LoadMDXM:models/players/rodian/model.glm

has more than 1000 verts on a surface

(10049537200)

If i then try to load the mission again it will load and begin, but JA will freeze either during the cutscenes or at the level beginning. Enter or escape or alt-f4 will fall to desktop.

pIII 500

256 ram

Geforce2

Win98

The other 3 1st tier levels worked fine. Any ideas would be much appreciated. :)

Have you tried updating your video drivers which might help with handling the models? Also, try messing with your video settings to see if that will help

So you are saying this could never, ever, ever, ever happen using the Original install + Original Disc 1??? No hacks?! No mods of any kind?!

Ever, Ever??

I beg to differ!!

Ban? For what??

According to our best information, this is a common and well known bug associated with using bad cd-cracks and hacks with Quake3 Engine games.

There is a slight possibility that something else might be causing this, but this has only recently been brought to our attention and is being looked into.

With all the blatant piracy on here, you can't blame us for assuming that you were among those who were using the cd cracks...

Since you insist you are not, we can give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

Note, if you think we're making this all up just to be mean, see this link:

http://www2.ravensoft.com/jedioutcast/faq.htm#entities

Hi

Sometimes on multiplayer there is a bug that causes you to jump force level 2 instead of force level 3. Seems to be connected with force orb, speed, and holding forward, but I don't know, it's only happened to me randomly.

*Edit*

It has nothing to do with the force orb actually.. it's only happens when you try to do the super jumps or whatever with speed on. I really doubt this is the way it was intended to be. Here is a demo with the problem http://home.comcast.net/~bluesfan_38/jumpbug.dm_25

Ello Jedis!

Well, game installed nicely and such and i am on my second time through the game now. One bugger though, every time i try to start the default installed shortcut the game does not start and i get a process in my task manager which is hard to kill *grr*

If i start the game with single player safe mode everything goes fine, BUT my keybindings are gone. So i have to set them everytime when i start JA, which does not really take alot of time since i dont use custom ones, but its annoying.

Is there any way around this, except by changing the bindings in the basic config file?

I dont know if this has been mentioned before, there are so many posts I wouldnt know. But often the game will skip several frames in mp. It also slows down whenever I push/pull someone or they do the same to me. Other than that the frame rate is fine. I know this is just a little thing but its still annoying. Maybe it has to do with the lag problems in the game?

Originally posted by Paddypaddywan

Whenever I join a multiplayer game I always get random crashes which kicks me back to the original screen. I did a search on google and the only thing I found said that bootleg copies of JKA will get an "invalid folder" error when joining servers. My copy is perfectly legit and shouldn't have this problem. But I get it anyway when joining some servers.

So I've got 2 problems right now:

Game crashing every five minutes (My PC is way above the min specs)

Error msg = NONE. It kicks me to desktop. (Both SP AND MP)

And

Joining certain servers which yields me an error. Help?

winxp pro

ge force 5200

2.4 p4 ghz w/ hyperthreading

AC3 onboard soundcard.

Anyone have this issue also?

Anyone???

Archived