Home

Version 1.0.0.0 BUGS: List all bugs/errors (incl. your specs, error msg etc.)

mariners2001

I dont know if anyone has posted the same bug but I'll post it anyway.

On the "Taspir" level, just before you see Rosh, there is a cutscene. During that cutscene, Jaden has Rosh on the ground, pointing his saber at him; and Rosh is begging Jaden not to hurt him.

It so happens that before you get onto a jumping part of the level, there is one of those advanced reborn troopers or whatever they're called. (In the room thats on the load screen for that level).

I force pushed the reborn off the edge into the room below (in the loading screenshot).

During the cutscene that I have been referring to, it shows Kyle in that room just after the bit I described at the start of this post. Standing next to kyle is the reborn.

Then the game locks up.

The only way to get round this is by skipping the cutscene or restarting the level. :mad:

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait? How do you skip cutscenes?

Anyway, here's my bug. I don't know if it's been mentioned before.

There seems to be a bug in one of the SP animations. Specifically, the "walking backwards while holding an ignited saber" animation. It looks like it's reset cycling only half way thru the animation. With the animation interplotation, it gives it a very jerky look.

Originally posted by razorace

Wait? How do you skip cutscenes?

Anyway, here's my bug. I don't know if it's been mentioned before.

There seems to be a bug in one of the SP animations. Specifically, the "walking backwards while holding an ignited saber" animation. It looks like it's reset cycling only half way thru the animation. With the animation interplotation, it gives it a very jerky look.

I've seen that too.

To skip cutscenes, press enter (return).

Originally posted by TheBarcode

I get this one throughout the game. When I run (normal run, not force run) and then stop. The character keeps moving for a short distance, even though his feet aren't moving. Does this ring a bell?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not railing on this game at all. The bugs are annoying, but that can be fixed. I really like the game, good job Raven :).

If ya dont like that just type +USE in console and it will not do that anymore

i read through and didnt see a fix for this:

I get blackened out textures on certain maps where i cant see anything...the tomb mission and the acid rain mission in vaders castle were the worst. Everything is just a solid sheet of brown or black pretty much making the level unplayable. Ive been tweaking around the gfx settings but havent found anything yet that changes it in any way.

specs:

win2k

athlon 2300

1 gig ddr

geforce 5900ultra 256mb

det 45.23- (i think , been through so many)

sblive

raid 0 160gb caviar x 2

Originally posted by optimus2861

And I have a crash to report :(. When starting up the level where you're supposed to save some hostages from the Hutts (in the set of missions after Hoth), JA crapped out with the following:

Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment

----- CL_Shutdown -----

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem

...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success

...deleting GL context: success

...releasing DC: success

...destroying window

...resetting display

...shutting down QGL

...unloading OpenGL DLL

-----------------------

Bogus DQT index 15

I've now gotten this same crash when loading the second Taspir level. Which means I'm stuck & can't finish the game :(. I'm going to try and reinstall the game to see if that helps.

Yo, I've had a couple minor bugs with the full version. Nothing too serious.

Mainly, in the Hoth level, where all the marker beacons are, I suppose there's supposed to be some sort of light texture around the top of the beacons, all I see is a blank square that looks like a missing texture. Then later, in the rescuing the prisoners level, I see that same blank box over all of the lights in the betting lounge bar thing.

Also, when making a server, no matter what I set the force level at through the main interface, it sets it to the lowest setting. I have to go in through the advanced settings and set the force level there.

I'm running a

1.3 Athlon

512 megs of RAM

GeForce III with 64 megs of RAM

Windows XP

Okay, I've played SP with no problems, but I can't play multiplayer at all. I get to the menu, I can customise my character, but if I click to change my name the game crashes with "Jedi Academy MultiPlayer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

If I don't bother changing my name I can get a little further, I select a server, the server loads, loads all the other players, then again I get "Jedi Academy MultiPlayer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

If I go to crate a solo game with bots and click to change the number of bots or players I get "Jedi Academy MultiPlayer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Patch please.

P4 3Ghz HT

GeForce FX5200

512MB

Windows XP Home with SP1

Hey,

Has anyone figured out how to solve the "SP won't load past menu screen, hourglass just sits there and Windows gets so bogged down you have to reboot" problem yet? I really don't want to have to format my computer just to run this game... any help is appreciated. My specs:

Asus P4S533 (someone else had this mobo too...maybe its the problem??)

P4 1.8 ghz

512 mb ram

MSI Geforce 4 Ti4200 128 mb

Win XP

Thanks!!

Dramist, I was using the nvidia 44.03 drivers and DX9.0 and SP run fine.

I'm now running the nvidia 45.23 drivers and DX9.0a (installed from the JA disc no less) and guess what? The game won't run at all now!!!

Heh, I finished the SP game earlier anyway, I'll get a refund tomorrow as I still have my receipt. If and when they release a patch that states that they have solved the compatibility and multiplayer issues then maybe I'll buy it again.

We're both dumbasses Dramist, the disc definately has 9.0a, I'd bet my life on it. So your a dumbass for calling me one when you are in fact wrong.

I am a dumbass however, for posting BEFORE uninstalling and re-installing the game AFTER I did the updates. All ok now since re-installing, even multiplayer. Silly me!!

[edit]I have the UK version, maybe if you have a different version it might have just DX9.0 on it instead of 9.0a?

Looks like I'm gonna have that refund after all. I went AFK for about 10 mins with my PC at my desktop, came back, browsed a few forums then decided to start the SP game again. Well guess what? It won't work!! CGI cut scenes work, but as soon as it has to load the actual game it goes straight to the desktop. Multiplayer I have the exact same problems as before, and I haven't changed anything, it was working fine half an hour ago, now it's for sh!t!!!!

Archived