Home

JA SP crash?

Aragorn327

I too have been having problems getting the single player portion of Jedi Academy to run. I was able to play the SP demo and can play multiplayer but was unsuccessful at running the SP from the standard JA start menu. I managed to find a no cd patch file by gimpsRus which finally allowed me to play the single player game. I guess LucasArts and Raven need to check out their copy protection file for those of us who legitimately purchased the game and have not yet been able to play the single player portion. I had sent my DXDIAG file to LucasArts support on 9-18 and have not yet heard anything. I will use this patch until LucasArts and Raven release their official one. Try this file and see if you too are able to get the game running.

:attack1:

Where can we find this file?

BTW: I have been in contact with LucasArts since I sent an online request last Thursday (09-18). They requested my DirectX info (as posted above). I hope to have sort of resolution in the near future.

I'm not sure if I will try this file you speak of or not (even though it is very tempting) because I don't want to mess up my working relationship with LucasArts. :)

Originally posted by LainTora

Where can we find this file?

Check this thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112430

I'm not sure if I will try this file you speak of or not (even though it is very tempting) because I don't want to mess up my working relationship with LucasArts. :)

*ahem* ...Surely you mean your non-working relationship???

Dude. DL the no-cd patch. Why should you, an honest consumer, have to suffer because of an overzealous anti-piracy attempt? In this case, the copy protection has only seemed to screw those of us who actually bought the game. Shall I scan my receipt?

This is the second day I've been reading up on this issue; I can't believe the number of people out there who had the exact same problem I did. I also couldn't believe that LA offered no other help than "wait for the first patch". They couldn't have emailed me a working .exe, I guess?

Well, I dl'd the no CD patch and BAM! I'm playing SP. Why don't you? What, are you worried it'll screw up your chances of getting cast in Star Wars III? ;)

LOL! :D

No, I'm not trying to get into Ep. 3 (although that would be awesome). But LucasArts has been working with me on trying to figure out what isn't quite right. If if is due to a faulty CD protection system, then yes, they need to fix it ASAP. But I figure I've waited this long to play SP I may as well help out the community by continuing to work with LA to get this resolved. If I don't, who is? And they haven't given me a "wait for the patch" resolve yet.

But I'm very tempted in trying it out to see if the no-cd thing will fix my issues so I know if it is really another issue or the CD protection thing messing me up. Perhaps for "troubleshooting" I should try it out... ;)

Well, I found out what happend with my JA demo. In my GeForce 2 settings, there is an item called PCI Texture memory and it was set to 23 Mb. Boy, this is an AGP card, so I changed it to 2 mb and.....

VOILA !!!

The demo runs fantastic.

Thanks to the folks at 3DGPU for their help

Originally posted by Pacifier

Well, I found out what happend with my JA demo. In my GeForce 2 settings, there is an item called PCI Texture memory and it was set to 23 Mb. Boy, this is an AGP card, so I changed it to 2 mb and.....

VOILA !!!

The demo runs fantastic.

Thanks to the folks at 3DGPU for their help

That's great to hear, Pacifier! :)

BTW, LucasArts e-mailed me back and requesting some other info from my computer regarding its IRQ's and such. I'll keep you guys posted when we finally figure out what has been preventing us with the FULL game from launching SP.

Originally posted by LainTora

LOL! :D

;) Some people might have taken offense at that, I thought later. Good to see you can still kid around these days.

No, I'm not trying to get into Ep. 3 (although that would be awesome). But LucasArts has been working with me on trying to figure out what isn't quite right. If if is due to a faulty CD protection system, then yes, they need to fix it ASAP. But I figure I've waited this long to play SP I may as well help out the community by continuing to work with LA to get this resolved. If I don't, who is? And they haven't given me a "wait for the patch" resolve yet.

Ya, it seemed that they were going to go that route with me too; but then the call ended with "we'll look at your DxDiag.txt; wait for the patch". No indication when *I*, a single customer with a BIG problem with their product, would be taken care of; only instructions to "keep an eye on their site". ...Um, so, can I have my money back until it works?

I mean, we're not talking about a couple of bugs or gameplay issues; the SP game didn't work AT ALL. I had no problems with Jedi Outcast; and it's starting to look like the only new technology in JA is the copy protection-- and since I bought and paid for the game, that shouldn't be my problem. :mad:

But I'm very tempted in trying it out to see if the no-cd thing will fix my issues so I know if it is really another issue or the CD protection thing messing me up. Perhaps for "troubleshooting" I should try it out... ;)
:D

Now you're talkin'. ;) And you know, it certainly wouldn't hurt anyone to let them know that since this is how we fixed it, then copy protection is definitely the issue. If I wasn't already aware of how long I would have to sit on hold, I'd call them back and tell them how my problem got solved-- and listen to them squirm.

"Uh, you're not allowed to crack the game!"

"You mean the game I paid you forty bucks for?"

"Uh..."

"You mean the game that doesn't work because of your copy protection?"

"Uh..."

(/me hangs up, boots up game, blissfully thwarts empire)

Finally...

HEY! GUESS WHAT?! My single player now works correctly.

After a week and a half of troubleshooting with LucasArts (I didn't post everything we went through), we got it resolved. LucasArts sent me a new "JASP.EXE" file to replace the original. It is currently still in testing, and they wanted to know my results.

For those of you with a similar situation to what was described in the beginning of this thread, I recommend you to contact LucasArts and request this new EXE file. Or perhaps they are coming out with a patch soon which will include this new EXE.

The file requires that Disc 1 of the retail version of the game still be in (just as with MP), but it no longer causes my computer to have a blue screen "Fatal Exception" error.

Yay! :)

I found a way to fix it without waiting for a patch or anything.

For anyone getting the blue screen fatal exception error when trying to start a single player game, try starting a single player game but leave the CD out of the drive. It will pop up a box telling you to put CD1 in. Do so and wait a few seconds and click OK. You should be fine after that.

Out of curiosity, how many with this error have their CD drives as F: rather than D: or E: ?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey i install Jk3 again cus at 1st it messed up now i install it the CD 1 then change over to CD 2 then it gets to 80% then freezes !

and it isn't scratched just a tigy bit were it has been going round in my drive ! then after a few mins this thing pops up sayin !

Component : Game2

File Group : Game 2 Files

File : D:\GameData\GameData\Base\assets1.pk3

Error : Incorrect Function.

Can SomeOne Plz plz plz plz help me !

ashlinaoman98@hotmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

The JA 1.01 Patch usually fixes the SP CD copy protection bug. If not then I have also had success with about four different NO-CD cracks. The ones that work seem to be the ones that contain a fixed executable. I would try the patch first. I have never really enjoyed CRACKZ sitez much. I wonderz why'z? ZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

• 1 month later...

If you use the crack ya can use SP good but MP bad.. Why? Cuz of this : CL_ParsePacketEntities is an error that occurs because you are using a CD CRACK (or you patched your EXE with some kind of crack or trainer that was not made by Raven software).

Likewise a warez version of the game (which is most certainly using a cracked or hacked exe of some kind) will give this error.

Delete all your CD cracks and use only a legit copy of the game patched with the official 1.01 patch and join servers that are using the legit version of the game. The original disc or a 1:1 clone of disc one should be IN the drive when you play. If you still have problems substitute the actual disc 1 for the clone.

This should solve 99% of problems people have been reporting.

Invalid Game Folder means one or both of you have an illegal version of the game. Try another server is the best advice we can give.

Iam Awaring you guys of wut happens if you install the crack..

Zappy :rolleyes:

Edit1: Btw that CL thing wuz from kurgan.... i pasted it here to show you guys

Archived