Home

Mp Sucks!!! Fix It

megafu

why do you play JA?

for the star wars stuff and the fun of it?

or do you only play it *only for the fun of serious competition on gaming leagues and competitions?

If you are a star wars fan it is fun (mp) and looks really cool and movie like.

If you a a serious gamer it's pretty sad and so baby like that a 2 year old could "master" it in 30 minutes.

isnt re-working the way you play the game pretty much the point of a new game?

you know, having to try new stuff and see what style your gonna have to play

i tried MP 2day (FF power duels) and it was pretty fun

im still trying to figure out what saber i should use cause i know that my old style wont work

there probably are things that are gonna have to change in the game but you should try changing yourself first

i knew what you were talkin about, I simply enjoy the ladder maps (they seem a lot more slick, i cant wait for some for JA). And frankly, if your as great of a player as you say you are, youd simply just get good at JA and learn a few new moves.

I agree with crow_nest, i dont see whats wrong with multi, Its fun, it needs a few tweaks granted, but those will come with time, and finally, it NEW, something the JK comunitee has needed for awhile.

Originally posted by AxVegetA

I dont have the game, ill get it the 27th, but i read all the posts carefully (because i am interested in your thoughts of MP) and i wondered, why are you all so concerned about drain if you can counter it with absorb?

While i was playing the demo, i realized that a side slash, using red stance for example, takes out a litle damage, but an up-down slash does a lot of damage, and if you leave your saber in his body for half a second you will kill the other.

It would be nice if you all say what kind of saber you are using, because as i said in another thread, the game wasnt made by morons, i man, raven knew what he was doing, and they aded and removed stuff its because thats the way to balance the game.

In JO all they had to balance was dark and light side, and well the single stances. But in JA they had to do the balance of using dark or light side in any of the kind of saber types. If you do the math its very very complicated.

Ohh and one last thing, weiner dog you sound like a complete moron, i cant wait to kick your friging ass, i dont like you, but i agree with you.

:hit4::smirk2::punch1

1- Drain > absorb. Much, much greater.

Why is that? You simply wait until it runs out, run to keep out of pull throw range then drain it right back and are at 100 hp and have an opponent with no force to defend himself.

If the absorber uses forced based attacks like pull throws he pulls himself out of the absorb state that much faster and if he only uses basic saber attacks.. Well it’s not that hard to strafe jump out of range of a guy flailing with a saber…

It was the same in Jedi Outcast, and the same in Academy.

If you were any good or knew anything about the game you would know there are things “in theory” that should work but do not always play out that way in actual matches with experienced players.

2-As for calling people “morons” can you say you ever had an undefeated record in competition play on ladder and leagues in the year and a half Jedi outcast was out?

I can.

Can you say you are part of a clan that has multiple members who all held #1 spots on both the individual duel ladders and team based ladders for over a year straight with several undefeated records?

I can.

Please, before you start flaming or bragging about killing some random “Padawan” with your Kata keep in mind there is a whole community of competitive gamers who can do things in these games you have never even seen, let alone could hope to ever pull off on your own.

I mean really guys, no offense but you really seem to know nothing about mp game play mechanics.

Do you know why push-throw-kicks were more effective in Jedi Outcast than pull-throw-kicks?

(The stun animation for push was slightly longer and gave you a larger window to land the kicks)

Do you know why dark rage was an amazing power if used right in Jedi Outcast full force saber only CTF/TeamFFA, but totally useless in Jedi Academy?

(rage+dfa was the single best way to kill a capper in CTF but now that specials cost force you can only do 2 dfa's after the initial 50 activation cost)

I mean really guys, there is so much you guys don't know about this game beyond "my guy looks like darth maul!" that I don't even know why I'm wasting my time trying to open your eyes...

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by the weiner dog!

1- Drain > absorb. Much, much greater.

Why is that? You simply wait until it runs out, run to keep out of pull throw range then drain it right back and are at 100 hp and have an opponent with no force to defend himself.

If the absorber uses forced based attacks like pull throws he pulls himself out of the absorb state that much faster and if he only uses basic saber attacks.. Well it’s not that hard to strafe jump out of range of a guy flailing with a saber…

It was the same in Jedi Outcast, and the same in Academy.

If you were any good or knew anything about the game you would know things that “in theory” that should work does not always play out that way in actual matches with experienced players.

2-As for calling people “morons” can you say you ever had an undefeated record in competition play on ladder and leagues in the year and a half Jedi outcast was out?

I can.

Can you say you are part of a clan that has multiple members who all held #1 spots on both the individual duel ladders and team based ladders for over a year straight with several undefeated records?

I can.

Please, before you start flaming or bragging about killing some random “Padawan” with your Kata keep in mind there is a whole community of competitive gamers who can do things in these games you have never even seen, let alone could hope to ever

pull off on your own.

Hahaha, dude all i know is that i was good at JO 1.02 (to be modest, ;) ) and i dont really care if you consider me a noob or if you have 100 titles of some nerd competitions, and worst of all, seems that you are proud of them (keep them for your children).

You know what part was the funniest? when u used the dark letters to say competitions........ hahaha

And well, about the topic, if you wana run away from me till i run out of absorb, either of two, or you are a coward noob without skill or you are a really coward noob without skill.

A cheap mediocre attitude that doesnt deserve to be considered as a thactic for an "experienced player". hahahahaaaaaaaa

you guys, before I would get depressed about the 100 or so people who come here and spam saying they dont like the game or its trash, I would remind myself they still bought it and play it. and I would also remind myself of the probably over 1 million in sales of all the titles thus far...and certainly over 250,000 for JO, and probably for JA....and all the 95 percent of them who love it.

the naysayers are such a small group.

To those claiming they are so "leet" please post a link that proves it. I can claim just about anything and try to get myself a reputation, but proving it is hard.

Now, onto the meat.

Although never did competition matches in JA or JK, i was decent. I know the problems (aka drain) and i know the cheap strats (grip+kick). I miss being able to kick flip when some moron came head on. But times change and either you adapt... or dont play. Very simple.

I was part of a very good group for Tribes 2 CTF tournies. But Tribes2 got some patches that ruined my possition in the team (scout ship pilot/flag chaser) by making the scout only slightly quicker then the transport. Now i couldnt intercept well and i couldnt chase a good capper. I had to make a decision.

Either find a new possition, or stop playing.

I stoped playing. But i never once went to Dynamax and said "you suck now, you ruined everything". Frankly it helped most gamers but hurt competition. Welcome to the real world where the MAJORITY rules.

Dont like it, dont play or stick it out until someone (you and your leet group maybe?) makes a mod that has everything you want.

Either way shut up with the whining.

Archived